Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailboxde.com

Options
  • 02-01-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

For those of you who do not know, Mailboxde receives shipments on your behalf in Germany and then sends them on to you, like Parcel Motel.

On the 16th of December they received a package from London. I paid to have it delivered to Ireland on the 17th with Deutsche Post Weltpaket - Priority (with insurance up to 500Eur). Before it was sent I contacted their support staff to tell them that my city (Cork City) wasn't appearing on my billing address. My shipment address looked fine. They replied back informing me it had been updated. On the 21st of December my package arrived in Portlaoise at the sorting office.

That's where the problems began. It stayed there for quite a while and I assumed it was down to the Christmas period. There was an update on the An Post tracking sayiing it had left Portlaoise on the 28th. When I didn't receive it a couple of days back I rang them up and they said it was sent back to Germany because of incomplete address information. I got on to DHL and all the can tell me is that it's with Deutsche Post and it could take up to 2 weeks to be returned. I was mailing Mailboxde all through this and I told them about the incomplete address info. They responded back saying they put the address down and mailed me the address they had used. There was no city on the address. When I emailed the conversation we had prior to postage about updating the address they stopped replying to my emails. I messaged the owner (who you are supposed to contact if your problem can't be resolved through support) today and I am awaiting a reply.

Not really sure where I go now. I thought I'd have some peace of mind with this insurance but I don't know now. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

If DHL are returning it to sender, you'll need to see where that it.

When Mailboxde sent you the parcel, did they cover over the original retailer's return address with their own?

If the original retailer's address is on there, might be a good idea to contact them to let them know and see if it arrived.

If Mailboxde's address is the return address, it'll be up to them to either resend it or return it to the retailer. As it's technically not lost yet, their insurance probably won't cover it until it is (I.e. if DHL say it is lost).

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

Xzen wrote: »
    If DHL are returning it to sender, you'll need to see where that it.

When Mailboxde sent you the parcel, did they cover over the original retailer's return address with their own?

If the original retailer's address is on there, might be a good idea to contact them to let them know and see if it arrived.

If Mailboxde's address is the return address, it'll be up to them to either resend it or return it to the retailer. As it's technically not lost yet, their insurance probably won't cover it until it is (I.e. if DHL say it is lost).

I never got my hands on the package. It stayed in Portlaoise for about 6 days and was sent back to Germany. I never got notified. Even on the tracking there was no statement of a return to sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

If it was sent back to Germany, there's a very high chance that it had a return address on it. I would contact the retailer/person who sold you the item and ask if they included a return address on the parcel first.

If they did, your parcel will probably arrive back at the retailer's location within a week or 2 at most. After speaking with your retailer, contact Mailboxde and ask if they covered over the original return address (some parcel forwarding companies put parcels into a whole new box for shipping). If Mailboxde did this then it's their responsibility so resent or reimburse for the loss. I would say the least they could do in either case is refund the postage costs as it was their error.

Xzen wrote: »
    If it was sent back to Germany, there's a very high chance that it had a return address on it. I would contact the retailer/person who sold you the item and ask if they included a return address on the parcel first.

If they did, your parcel will probably arrive back at the retailer's location within a week or 2 at most. After speaking with your retailer, contact Mailboxde and ask if they covered over the original return address (some parcel forwarding companies put parcels into a whole new box for shipping). If Mailboxde did this then it's their responsibility so resent or reimburse for the loss. I would say the least they could do in either case is refund the postage costs as it was their error.

The product was a Oneplus One. It was sent from a warehouse in London to Mailboxde. Mailboxde aren't open at the weekends but I did get a message from the customer support yesterday apologising and saying she will talk to her boss Monday. I will ask them about the repackaging. There was a copy of the forwarding order on the site but I don't think that was on the box because my full address is clearly on it as well as Mailboxde address. An Post can't be that inept surely. When I contacted An Post they said it went back to Germany so they must have covered it over otherwise it would be going to London?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

When you checked your tracking, did you receive an An Post tracking number at some stage? I have a parcel en route from these people but the tracking has not altered in 3 days now :(

• Advertisement

MoodeRator wrote: »
    When you checked your tracking, did you receive an An Post tracking number at some stage? I have a parcel en route from these people but the tracking has not altered in 3 days now :(
    ya I got an An Post tracking number but it stayed with the same tracking status for 7 days and was sent back with no notification on tracking. Mailboxde emailed me a few days backs saying they were at fault and sent the parcel and never updated my address. It was sent back on the 28th of December and it still hasn't arrived back with them.

I am regretting doing this now. Mine is still showing at Koln since Monday with no An Post tracking yet :( Wish I had paid more on the UK site and used Parcel Motel

Mon, 12.01.2015 03:23h - Köln, Germany - The shipment has been processed in the destination parcel center

Sorry about your situation, I hope you get it resolved VERY soon

I am regretting doing this now. Mine is still showing at Koln since Monday with no An Post tracking yet :( Wish I had paid more on the UK site and used Parcel Motel

Mon, 12.01.2015 03:23h - Köln, Germany - The shipment has been processed in the destination parcel center

Thanks. I'd be very wary if there's no updates on your tracking. I learnt my lesson the hard way. my package was in ireland in 3 days. DHL Weltpaket. I wish I had paid the extra €30 with Parcel Motel but it seemed to go smoothly for people on here so I felt confident. I'd avoid this company, to anyone who is reading.

Was it a One Plus One by any chance? That's what I got forwarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭red bellied

Mine was the same, the tracking didn't update for about four days, I would say you have a good chance of getting it before the weekend. That Koln parcel center is a bottle neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

My package was on the same flight :D

It finally showed up today in Portlaoise at 13.42.

I'm far from impressed with Mailboxde, or the courier they use (DHL) due to the lack of tracking.

Thank you Red Bellied and Podge3, you have at least given me some hope!

Was there when I arrived home today. Never went back to Germany like An Post told me. Mailboxde have recharged me the delivery fee, although I'll get charged 2Eur for the privilege. They don't deserve the steam off my piss. Don't lose hope people. I took me about a month!

Date/time City Status
    Wed, 17.12.2014 13:48 h -- The instruction data for this shipment have been provided
    by the sender to DHL electronically
    Wed, 17.12.2014 19:33 h Ottendorf-Okrilla, Germany The international shipment has been
    processed in the parcel center of origin
    Thu, 18.12.2014 22:26 h Köln, Germany The shipment will be transported to the destination
    country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.
    Thu, 18.12.2014 22:26 h Köln, Germany The international shipment has been processed in
    the export parcel center
    Sun, 21.12.2014 15:06 h Ireland The shipment has arrived in the destination country
    Sun, 28.12.2014 11:13 h Ireland The shipment could not be delivered.
    Mon, 12.01.2015 22:20 h United Kingdom The shipment has arrived in the transit country
    Wed, 14.01.2015 02:15 h United Kingdom The shipment is being transported to the
    destination country
    Wed, 14.01.2015 13:45 h Ireland The shipment has arrived in the destination country
    Thu, 15.01.2015 10:15 h Ireland The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the
    delivery depot
    Thu, 15.01.2015 11:47 h Ireland The shipment has been successfully delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

Thank you Red Bellied and Podge3, you have at least given me some hope!
    Mine arrived this morning:).

Only took a 8 days from arrival in Mailboxde but the lack of tracking was a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Are there any alternatives to mailboxde that Irish people can use? Mailboxde are not accepting new registrations at the moment and I'm keen to start buying from eBay Germany sure to the new custom times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

Are there any alternatives to mailboxde that Irish people can use? Mailboxde are not accepting new registrations at the moment and I'm keen to start buying from eBay Germany sure to the new custom times.

https://mygermany.com/

I've never used them so can't comment on their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

VG31 wrote: »
    https://mygermany.com/

I've never used them so can't comment on their service.

I'm looking to get a car part and it seems to be only available from either Germany, UK, or outside EU. With DHL no longer delivering to Ireland are the German address forwarders still operating as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭corkie

newmember? wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a car part and it seems to be only available from either Germany, UK, or outside EU. With DHL no longer delivering to Ireland are the German address forwarders still operating as usual?

Got a delivery today by DHL Express US to Ireland with a pit stop in the UK?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115918402

Is it only DHL road shipments that are still not delivering becuase of Covid?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

corkie wrote: »

Meh...not sure. I've been told by a few German €bay sellers that they're no longer shipping to Ireland as DHL isn't delivering there currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

corkie wrote: »

Yes DHL express is the premium service that uses aircraft.. Ireland is linked into the the DHL network with flights to/from East Midlands and Leipzig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think Mailboxde are only not accepting new reg's while some of the postal services have suspended their shipping here. MyGermany is another, but a bit more expensive.

Parcl is a service (available for most countries) that you submit the weight, value and dimensions of your item and users reply with quotes and dates to get it to you.
    Eurosender seemed mad expensive the last time I looked at it, but never used them.
    EuropeMailbox is new to me, I only saw them yesterday and bookmarked them.
    But I guess most of them, if not all will be hit by the same issues.

Fedex and other also offer a service similar and shopping, but obviously only offer themselves as couriers.
    There are quite a few, I only noticed how long my list is just now, but most are expensive.

newmember? wrote: »
    With DHL no longer delivering to Ireland are the German address forwarders still operating as usual?

Deutsche Post/DHL resumed deliveries to Ireland on 2 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

VG31 wrote: »
    Deutsche Post/DHL resumed deliveries to Ireland on 2 January.

Are they shipping through UK or direct to Ireland? Have a UPS delivery from Germany and will be tracking to see if it comes direct to Ireland.

I will be avoiding any of the shippers who still go through UK.

kindalen wrote: »
    Are they shipping through UK or direct to Ireland? Have a UPS delivery from Germany and will be tracking to see if it comes direct to Ireland.

I will be avoiding any of the shippers who still go through UK.

I don't know. There's no way of knowing from the tracking.

UPS Standard go direct from France (Corbeil Essonnes) to Ireland now. It takes around 48 hours to get to Dublin from there.

DPD are avoiding the UK now as well as far as I know.

Advertisement