Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I got the small ovoids from Easyglow. Originally I said I wasn’t going to email them about it, but I did over Christmas and Fiona emailed me back last week.

Free tone delivered this morning of the large one. Had a look at the docket and noticed it was blacked out that the last batch was a “fast burning “ coal. Found that interesting. Anyway usually between October to say March I use about 40 of the 20kg bags of coal. This year I’ve used 40 bags already of the small ovoids so that’s strange and it hasn’t even been a cold winter really.

I’ve had the large ovoids before from Easyglow and found them great so delighted to get the free tone. They also threw in 3 extra bags. Great at the time, a ****er when you are lugging them in at 8am on a cold Monday morning.

Great customer service from Fiona and Easyglow and as I said to her in the email I’ll order again in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭philboy

I placed a multi pallet order with CW today. They are organising delivery for me too. Perhaps it's a new thing for all orders or maybe just multi pallet - I never asked.

It will save me the hassle of organising which was just an extra annoyance. Might order a 2m³ pallet of hornbeam too. Has anyone ordered one and what's the quality like?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Sheedy234

How much are they charging for delivery on multi pallet. I was going to order 2 pallets ,they giving 10 off each pallet but didn't mention delivery prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭philboy

Sheedy234 wrote: »
    How much are they charging for delivery on multi pallet. I was going to order 2 pallets ,they giving 10 off each pallet but didn't mention delivery prices.

If you ordered 5 pallets, you got €20 off each one for delivery.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just going through the options here on the easy glow site. Could I burn the larger ovoids in my stove? It says they are for cookers, but are they not just a bigger version of the smaller ones?

Reason being, I seem to have gone through my last order in no time. Was talking with my dad, and he thinks the larger ones might burn slower. Or I'll go through th them slower.

What yee think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

beertons wrote: »
    Just going through the options here on the easy glow site. Could I burn the larger ovoids in my stove? It says they are for cookers, but are they not just a bigger version of the smaller ones?

Reason being, I seem to have gone through my last order in no time. Was talking with my dad, and he thinks the larger ones might burn slower. Or I'll go through th them slower.

What yee think?

I’m using a mix of small and large EG ovoids and the big ones last longer alright .

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

I’m happily burning the large ones in my stove and they give good long lasting heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone Interested in splitting a ton of ovoids from easyglow? Based in Dunboyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

brightkane wrote: »
    Anyone Interested in splitting a ton of ovoids from easyglow? Based in Dunboyne.

They sell half a ton just in case you didn’t know

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You might be better off asking a neighbour.

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    You might be better off asking a neighbour.

Could end up with neighbour wars if the ton is ****e lol

Cheers. Half ton is not as good value but a plan b. All the neighbours are ok for the moment. Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Could end up with neighbour wars if the ton is ****e lol

I'd say their QC will be making sure that doesn't happen after the disaster of last year.

Cheers. Half ton is not as good value but a plan b. All the neighbours are ok for the moment. Cheers though

Isn’t it free delivery with half a ton ? It was last time I looked

• Registered Users Posts: 21 j.quinn.esq

Have got about 1/2 a ton left, it leaves so much ash that chokes out the fire that the only way to get it burning is to mix it with some decent coal, Staffords for me, and to clean out the ash tray during the day.
    With decent coal i would clean out the ash tray in the morning, with this rubbish its a twice a day job, before i light the fire and once again after a few hours.
    Never again will i buy from easy glow, one bitten and all that.

Have got about 1/2 a ton left, it leaves so much ash that chokes out the fire that the only way to get it burning is to mix it with some decent coal, Staffords for me, and to clean out the ash tray during the day.
    With decent coal i would clean out the ash tray in the morning, with this rubbish its a twice a day job, before i light the fire and once again after a few hours.

Did you complain to them ? From what I have read here they held their hands up to a bad batch and replaced it for people.

Did you complain to them ? From what I have read here they held their hands up to a bad batch and replaced it for people.
    Bit late now that i have used half of it and also the chance i get another ton of rubbish of them that i will have to dispose of.
    I have learned my lesson, buy cheap buy twice

Bit late now that i have used half of it and also the chance i get another ton of rubbish of them that i will have to dispose of.

Well in my experience mistakes happen, I judge a company by how they handle a issue or a complaint.
    Its like paying for a meal and saying awards you didn't like it.
    You surely didnt burn half a ton before you knew there was an issue with it.

Well in my experience mistakes happen, I judge a company by how they handle a issue or a complaint.
    Its like paying for a meal and saying awards you didn't like it.
    You surely didnt burn half a ton before you knew there was an issue with it.

First bag was rubbish, as has been every bag since as other can testify too

If you moan about it on boards nothing will happen
    If you contact Fiona at easy glow they will send you another ton of normal ovoids for free including delivery, they have clearly stated there was a manufacturing issue with a previous batch and are doing their best to resolve any issues

Up to yourself at the end of the day but we all make mistakes in life and it’s how you deal with them that count

• Advertisement

You've nothing to lose by dropping them an e-mail. You can always ask them if they can guarantee any replacement will not be similar, if they can't well then you're free to take another tack, look for a refund etc.
    I found them very easy to deal with, they knew there was a problem and they took full responsibility.

Others will testify they got a new Ton delivered free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Never too late , I had used 80% of mine and they sent an Tonne no questions asked..They never even asked how much I had used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Hi folks, looking for opinions here, I get 40kg bags of Arigna Cosyglo from the local Co-Op and find it just about ok, using a small Stanley Oisin, is there anything better out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi. I’m thinking of ordering a half ton of large ovoids from Easyglo. What’s the story with bringing in fuel from the North now post Brexit? Thanks.

Bif wrote: »
    Hi. I’m thinking of ordering a half ton of large ovoids from Easyglo. What’s the story with bringing in fuel from the North now post Brexit? Thanks.

no change for me last week

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi folks. Can anyone vouch for current quality of Easyglow large ovoids? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭podge3

Did everyone who contacted Easyglow about the bad batch get a free replacement ton?

I only got 1/2 ton so 8m starting to feel a bit hard done by. The replacement ovoids were fine but kinda wondering why I only got a 1/2 ton of everyone else got a full replacement.

Still better than the approach Coalwarehouse took 🙄.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

podge3 wrote:
    I only got 1/2 ton so 8m starting to feel a bit hard done by. The replacement ovoids were fine but kinda wondering why I only got a 1/2 ton of everyone else got a full replacement.

podge3 wrote:
    Did everyone who contacted Easyglow about the bad batch get a free replacement ton?

I was only offered free delivery as I could not send the pallet back as bags were emptied. I kicked up a bit mentioning that others on boards has got a replacement pallet and why was I was only getting free delivery. I assumed others had sent the remaining poor quality pallet back and got a new pallet but maybe that's not the case. I didn't go ahead with it but told Fiona I would get back to her in the new year when I had got rid of the bad stuff and had more space.

• Advertisement

Sent me a free replacement pallet with no charge for freight. Never looked for the original pallet back and it's all mixed now so they'll have to come and pick it out if they want it.

Advertisement