Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush

Options
  • 19-01-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking for peoples' opinions of Rush to live in (young family) and commute to city centre? We like the idea of it but the main street seemed a bit dead the last few times we've been there. Granted, it is January...

Also a query - we were looking at a development called Kenure Gate. It seems lovely, and small, but from our research around it, it first went on sale last summer. We were looking at the showhouse today and got an updated price list. The remaining houses seem to have dropped majorly in asking price (as in, 18k in one instance and over 20k in another) -
    according to a link on Independent.ie that I can't include here because I'm a new user.

Now, we're at the very start of house-hunting so this might be the norm... but are we missing something obvious here? Anyone heard anything negative about it, or is the developer just eager to sell? We're admittedly naive about this sort of stuff!

The other development we're looking at it is KnightsGate (right beside Kenure Gate) - no showhouse to see as yet, but wondering if anyone has insider/local info or opinions on it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭fungie

I wouldn't be rushing to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

fungie wrote: »
    I wouldn't be rushing to live there.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Hey guys,

Looking for peoples' opinions of Rush to live in (young family) and commute to city centre? We like the idea of it but the main street seemed a bit dead the last few times we've been there. Granted, it is January...

Also a query - we were looking at a development called Kenure Gate. It seems lovely, and small, but from our research around it, it first went on sale last summer. We were looking at the showhouse today and got an updated price list. The remaining houses seem to have dropped majorly in asking price (as in, 18k in one instance and over 20k in another) -
    according to a link on Independent.ie that I can't include here because I'm a new user.

Now, we're at the very start of house-hunting so this might be the norm... but are we missing something obvious here? Anyone heard anything negative about it, or is the developer just eager to sell? We're admittedly naive about this sort of stuff!

The other development we're looking at it is KnightsGate (right beside Kenure Gate) - no showhouse to see as yet, but wondering if anyone has insider/local info or opinions on it?

Thanks!

There are pyrite issues with some of the estates so make sure they have a cert saying they are remedied. I am not sure of the names of he estates but you should be able to find out on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

tvjunki wrote: »
    There are pyrite issues with some of the estates so make sure they have a cert saying they are remedied. I am not sure of the names of he estates but you should be able to find out on the internet.

Thanks. Yep that's a different estate alright, so we're ok on that front.

Maybe it's standard practice for an agent to initially list the new build prices as higher, but then when it launches and they see the reality of what people will pay it drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Spent a little while working in Rush and I thought it was a lovely little spot.
    2 beaches, good schools and active sports clubs. If I was moving back to Dublin, I'd have no hesitation moving there, especially with a young family.
    Train station 3 minute drive from town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Spent a little while working in Rush and I thought it was a lovely little spot.
    2 beaches, good schools and active sports clubs. If I was moving back to Dublin, I'd have no hesitation moving there, especially with a young family.
    Train station 3 minute drive from town.

Thanks. Yep we like the area and have only heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Have family in Rush and only hear only good things about it. Train station is a few mins out of the town is all.

No idea about your house prices query.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Hey Ted,

We moved to Rush 12 months ago to start our family and love it, we bought round the corner from you in Hayestown. We find that side of town very quiet but tbh that's what we were looking for. Fresh air, beaches, parks, retail/shopping in Swords.

The commute is fine for me as I could be on the road before 6 if driving or take the train if much after that. Generally get a seat and generally at Pearse Station in 40mins.

When Kenure Gate launched I thought they were overpriced, we had been looking at similar new builds in Skerries 6 months earlier which were cheaper so it didn't add up for me. They are a long time being finished at this stage and the new development behind is probably putting pressure on them too. Been told there will be 200 new builds when it's all finished.

The main street is quiet, talk of a shopping centre for years but not a sod turned, decent Tesco and have had a few decent pints too. Schooling is worrying as the numbers starting to outstrip the places and this can only get worse.

You will probably get more traction if you post in the North County Dublin section but feel free to pm me if you have any queries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

It's a beautiful town. I have family there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Bought in Rush ourselves, hopefully moving in at the start of April. I've friends who live there and some from the area who they are planning on moving back as they love it.

I suppose it depends what you're looking for. We are currently living in the city centre and can't wait to get out to somewhere quieter as we have out grown the phase of going out every weekend partying and want to get somewhere with more space, a bit more relaxed and more suitable to start a family but within easy reach of the city centre where I work and it ticks all those boxes.

The town has the basics, a supermarket, few pubs, cafes and the basic shops needed. It's got a rural feel without feeling over crowded and is 30-40 mins from city centre off peak driving.

There are plans for new commercial units in the town but apparently this has been talked about for years and never got off the ground. But who knows what will happen there. I like the way the town hasn't had its character destroyed by over development and I hope it stays that way.

The town will never be a major commercial hub with large shopping centres, cinemas etc, if that's what you're looking for, I think you need to look elsewhere. If you want a nice town with a decent community feel and that's quiet and relaxed, I think it's a good fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Curlysue2

Hi all, just looking for some opinions on Rush.

We’re looking at a couple of properties in St Catherine’s Estate just wondering does anyone have any knowledge of that area? The estate agent has been hopeless in that regard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

What type of info are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

okay so this thread is over two years old, but im looking for advice on moving to rush
    We have live in west Dublin all our lives but as our kids are hitting age of going to secondary school we are thinking of moving away from the suburbs and out towards a more relaxed location along the fingal cost.

A few qustions if anyone had advice it would be great:
      What are the secondary schools like (standard and likeliness of getting a place?) we are looking at detached homes near south beach / or a site and looking to build - any opinions? any other feedback on what it is like to live there as it suits my commute to south louth for work ... we are both in our mid 40's now and looking for our 'forever home' and our kids are aged 9 and 10 (are there many sports clubs facilities etc??? - both love the water and the beach etc....)

Any advice would be most welcomed
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Hey apologies not on here very much anymore but if it helps:
    Rush is a fantastic place to live, with the good weather in the last week it just has a summer feel to it every day.

I don't know about secondary school, I believe if its not an issue now it could be in the next few years with all the recent builds placing the town under pressure. Talk of a new school which hopefully will resolve the situation by the time I personally need it.

I've been keeping up to date with whats on sale and unfortunately the situation seems to be the same everywhere, overpriced houses that would sit on the shelf a couple of years ago are going for above and beyond their worth, its the market we are living in.

As for sports clubs I have only signed up to the soccer and GAA so far which are both great but there's plenty of others golf, sailing, karate, cricket sure to be something for your kids.

You mention looking for a relaxed location which I would personally describe the town as and travelling to Louth for work will be a winner.

Feel free to Dm me if anything else.

Advertisement