Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel. Dublin.

Options
  • 31-12-2018 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Used to be one of the most expensive petrol station

Circle K, Usher's Quay
    Prices as of 2pm today - Diesel €123.9 and Petrol €127.9

Possibly cheapest in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

If you have an axa topaz fuel card you get additional 4 cent off a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Used to be one of the most expensive petrol station

Circle K, Usher's Quay
    Prices as of 2pm today - Diesel €123.9 and Petrol €127.9

Possibly cheapest in Dublin.

I hope you mean €1.239 ;)

That is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Bledy circle k out by me is 1.39.... rip off git of a manager there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

brightkane wrote: »
    If you have an axa topaz fuel card you get additional 4 cent off a litre.

I do! Kylemore Road and the Circle K on the Kimmage Road are my friends.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Kylie more road is 1.249 for diesel and with the 4 cent off and fuel card it's great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Only 4 cent in the difference between both fuels, it's normally around 10 cents iirc.

Is diesel getting more expensive or petrol getting cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The price difference between petrol and diesel is nearly always smaller this time of year due to increased demand for diesel and kerosene.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Circle K blessington rd tallaght and applegreen jobstown 1.239 30/12/18
    Edit thats for diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭mjp

1,22.9 in small applegreen in ballsbrisge near Burlington. No forecourt there and awkward to get into but cheapest I've seen in Dublin. Seems to have come down a lot in some places over Xmas. Am guessing the other ones which kept prices high are ones who haven't been working over the Xmas period and haven't updated it since 23rd December. That's what it's looked like to me man's been all over the country in past week and never seen such a variation in prices before

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

mjp wrote: »
    1,22.9 in small applegreen in ballsbrisge near Burlington.

D4 Fuels? Don't think that's an Applegreen-group one. Also it (at least used to) only sells diesel doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

L1011 wrote: »
    D4 Fuels? Don't think that's an Applegreen-group one. Also it (at least used to) only sells diesel doesn't it?

Yes I can confirm if it's the one on Northumberland Rd it's diesel only.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mjp wrote: »
    That's what it's looked like to me man's been all over the country in past week and never seen such a variation in prices before

I got done paying 142.9 for unleaded in an Inver a few days back only to drive 3km up the road and see it for 130.9 in a Maxol. Was annoyed but at least I was only filling 10 litres into a motorbike, if it was 60L into a car I would have been rightly pissed off. But yeah, variation in prices is crazy between some stations right now, I've seen 1.31, 1.38 and 1.43 all within a few kilometres of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

A lot of price difference around the country at the moment and it pays to Shop around..

One question if anyone can help me is there a difference between Circle K fuel to other companies ? i.e Applegreen is it better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,917 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A lot of price difference around the country at the moment and it pays to Shop around..

One question if anyone can help me is there a difference between Circle K fuel to other companies ? i.e Applegreen is it better ?

All the fuel comes from the same refinery or boat, but plenty of people think that one brand is better than the other! Once you avoid no name no brand stations then you will get the same fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Circle K Kill was offering 5c off per litre other day when you scanned your play tag.
    I think I paid 121.9 for diesel

think its running for january

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Del2005 wrote: »
    All the fuel comes from the same refinery or boat, but plenty of people think that one brand is better than the other! Once you avoid no name no brand stations then you will get the same fuel.

But certain brands do add their own additives?

Although what difference they make is open to debate. The motors section as you know if full of people's experiences between brands and probably most of it is in their head. Extra mileage, better acceleration, mileage etc.

I know additives were also a rumor in the motors section for a while as people questioned where/when the additives get added but given that Circle K now do their Miles and Miles plus. Miles plus they claim is a higher concentrate of the additives they must be added in some in some form.

The Miles plus diesel has added cetane that makes it an improvement, the petrol has no advantages.

But that's not the standard petrol or diesel that most people buy and that's all the same, once bought from a reputable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The miles plus is what I use I paid €1.349 on New Year’s Eve in cork so the price is dropping slowly
    Friend of mine is a van driver and he uses the miles plus and he’s now filling up 3 times a week where as before he was filling four times and he does the same route every week so there must be something added to the circle k stuff at some point
    That would mean he's getting 33% better MPG though, which sounds incredible.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Anyone know if there is a functioning alternative to pumps.ie?

123654789 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a functioning alternative to pumps.ie?

Unless the station is on a route you usually take you won't save much by driving to a cheaper station. Buy the lowest price fuel on your regular routes to save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I'm equi- distant to a few stations you see so this would determine my route :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's a crazy difference between Cork and Dublin, diesel still 1.29 to 1.32 here whereas naas Road is 1.23 to 1.25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

TheDriver wrote: »
    There's a crazy difference between Cork and Dublin, diesel still 1.29 to 1.32 here whereas naas Road is 1.23 to 1.25

Still €1.41 in Midleton in most the stations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭mjp

1.22 in Topaz Merrion tonight and 5 mins up the road its 1.28 in Topaz Goatstown. Difference is crazy for prices in such close proximity from same chain of petrol stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

What does people think of the Miles Diesel anyway? Anyone find a difference?...Just usually stick the plain myself for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Noticed huge price differences in Applegreen stations over the weekend - €1.26 a litre for petrol in Mount Merrion, €1.30 on Rochestown Ave and €1.37 in Lusk. :confused:

Circle K in Castleknock is still 1.379 for diesel :eek:

Unless the station is on a route you usually take you won't save much by driving to a cheaper station. Buy the lowest price fuel on your regular routes to save.
    123654789 wrote: »
    I'm equi- distant to a few stations you see so this would determine my route :)

lol
    Del2005 not thinking. what happens if you pass the cheapest..... pumps is a good app to plan when to stop or which route to take.

I'm seeing over 15c difference in prices at the moment so filling up could mean the best part of a tenner in my pocket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

TheDriver wrote: »

I noticed this aswell when I was down over Christmas! Id say stations are setting their prices based off what the lad down the road is charging.

The difference between Cork and Dublin is staggering though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Unless the station is on a route you usually take you won't save much by driving to a cheaper station.

That's not the case.

As of yesterday
    • Circle K on Ballymun Road was 1.39
    • 6km away at the Top Oil on Collinstown Business Park it was 1.27
    • 10km away at the Texaco Swords it was 1.23
    (all Diesel)

That's 0.16 a litre difference between the cheapest and most expensive. On a full tank (50l) that's €8 difference. You'd want to be driving a tank (literally) not to save money driving the extra 10km.

Is it worth your time? - well that's up to you.

Major pain knowing where the cheapest petrol is though.

Advertisement