Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

three project cabinets

Options
  • 23-10-2018 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

ITEM: project cabinets (Naomi universal, 2 x intervideo jamma cabinets)
    POST\COLLECTION: collection
    PRICE: €100/150
    PAYMENT METHODS: cash

Hi all, I have a few cabinets that people may be interested in completing. I'll give as much detail as I can remember.

The Naomi is in fairly good condition, needs a thorough clean. Main problem is that its missing the monitor chassis, so I don't know if the monitor works or not. The monitor is a "shanghai novel" brand. I would like to keep the naomi 2 motherboard (to recoup costs), or I'll throw in the motherboard + virtua striker 3 for an extra 50 (untested)...so that would be 150 for all 3 cabinets.

The first intervideo is in nice cosmetic condition, all wiring present. However it is missing a power supply and the monitor isn't coming on. There is neck glow, but after that, I don't know whats wrong.

The second intervideo has a small corner cut off control panel, and is missing both the power supply and monitor transformer, but nice condition for a project.

The marquees are also labelled as irish, so somewhat of a rarity as far as I can see. The labels read "Intervideo cabinets designed and manufactured by ASI amusement services Ireland". Its kinda neat.

I just want rid of them at this point and I'd rather someone take the shells than have them dumped. But seeing as I don't intend on working on them, I would like to get my kitchen back, so the sooner the better.

I'll try to put pictures up, but not sure if I can seeing as I only joined recently.

Any questions, just ask :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Cheers Beejee, just a friendly reminder to all, offers on thread before going to PM and first in line with asking offer is first!

BeeJee please dont entertain people sending you PMs without agreeing to the sale on the thread (or after a sale is agreed), we have had that happen before. Thanks a lot for posting them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I think I added a picture here...

Cheers Beejee, just a friendly reminder to all, offers on thread before going to PM and first in line with asking offer is first!

BeeJee please dont entertain people sending you PMs without agreeing to the sale on the thread (or after a sale is agreed), we have had that happen before. Thanks a lot for posting them up!

Yeah no problem!

It didn't come out clearly there, but the naomi marquee is included too

clearer pictures, but naomi is dirty in this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

How much for the Naomi universal on its own?
    I don't need the other two.

eddhorse wrote: »

1000 euro on its own, or 150 with the other two :P

I really don't have a lot of patience because of where they are in my kitchen. If I had them in a shed or something I'd be happy to hold on to them for ages.

If I let the naomi go on its own, its nearly guaranteed the other two are getting dumped, because I seriously want to avoid the likes of adverts.ie, and a thousand "interested in swap for bag of fish heads?" stuff. And I think theyre very nice cabinets worth saving.

So I'll keep them together for now. And see how long my patience lasts :P

Appreciate your interest though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

No hassle, I can see where you are coming from.
    Would need a sanwa monitor chassis anyways.
    Let me know if you change your mind on that.

No hassle, I can see where you are coming from.
    Would need a sanwa monitor chassis anyways.
    Let me know if you change your mind on that.

Will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ed, are you in Dublin?
    I’d take the red machines if we’d a way to get them to Dublin cheaply. I’ve a friend looking for a jamma cab(he wants to use an LCD with it) and I need a CRT so would probably just strip one of them and stick the shell back up here after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

My god this is such a good deal...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ed, are you in Dublin?
    I’d take the red machines if we’d a way to get them to Dublin cheaply. I’ve a friend looking for a jamma cab(he wants to use an LCD with it) and I need a CRT so would probably just strip one of them and stick the shell back up here after

Make this happen people!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I'll take them. Can collect. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

L1m1tless wrote: »

If you happen to be getting rid of either of the CRTs for whatever reason in the woodies will you keep me in mind?

L1m1tless wrote: »

Replied just now. All yours, you have my number so let me know :)

Be warned, the naomi is heavy. The other two cabinets are surprisingly doable (but still heavy), theyre quite small and neat for the average cabinet.

The naomi has the squeakiest 4 wheels in the universe but moves fine. The other 2 have wheels at the back and move easily.

No worries. I'll bring man power and a trolly. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

I take it the naomi's gone :(

airmax87 wrote: »
    I take it the naomi's gone :(

All gone, im afraid

let me know when they are sold so I can close the thread. Thanks a lot

let me know when they are sold so I can close the thread. Thanks a lot

Due to be collected Saturday, should be all fine. Maybe sales threads stay open until "literally" sold? I dunno :)

• Advertisement

Yep when they are gone let me know on here and I’ll close it off. Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Thanks for the photos. "Amusement Services Ireland" - never heard of them but sounds interesting. An Irish electrocoin? Nice bit of local arcade history there.

Thanks for the photos. "Amusement Services Ireland" - never heard of them but sounds interesting. An Irish electrocoin? Nice bit of local arcade history there.

Definitely interesting! Another guy contacted me to tell me about his black version. So, there are at least 7 still in existence. Quirky little things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Fair play to the OP. That was very kind.

Thanks again. And for your help moving them. Home safe now. Was nice meeting you. Will stick some pics up when I get mine going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I asked beejee on UKVac about the Amusement Services Ireland sticker on the marquee. Mine had that removed, and I'd appreciate a scan if the new owner could do it. I made scans of all the other artwork, but it's a slightly different design to these ones.

I always wondered where in Ireland they were made.

I have other cabs that were clearly made in Ireland too - a "Trojan Midi" and a "Trojan Driver" generic driving cabinet, and a pair of "Carousel 26" upright cabinets that I never saw anywhere else, so there was some arcade cabinet manufacturing here outside of the Atari/Sega machines in Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I asked beejee on UKVac about the Amusement Services Ireland sticker on the marquee. Mine had that removed, and I'd appreciate a scan if the new owner could do it. I made scans of all the other artwork, but it's a slightly different design to these ones.

I always wondered where in Ireland they were made.

I have other cabs that were clearly made in Ireland too - a "Trojan Midi" and a "Trojan Driver" generic driving cabinet, and a pair of "Carousel 26" upright cabinets that I never saw anywhere else, so there was some arcade cabinet manufacturing here outside of the Atari/Sega machines in Tipperary.

Very cool. Would love to see some pictures if you have any. There must be someone with info on where these were made....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement