Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Came across this place in Korea....thought it might interest some here.

• 22-01-2017 5:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭

There are loads of similar shops there.
    Basically there is a place in Seoul called Yongsan that's just a HUGE PC Market.
    About 100 similar shops all building and selling PC Parts etc (PC gaming is a lot bigger than console gaming in Korea, you may have heard of PC Bangs)

Anyways, across the road there is a department store for consoles, lined with shops like this...selling everything to do with console gaming you can think of. This was 1 of about 30 shops in the place.

Thought it might interest some here. IF there was a REALLY SPECIFIC thing you were looking for I could probably check out and price it for you next time I'm there.

Bigger Size if you wanna zoom ( http://imgur.com/a/GI3fp )

VPcBU8a.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A general sample of their prices, so we can see how they differ from the typical market price would be cool.
    I wonder what they are charging for the MSX2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A general sample of their prices, so we can see how they differ from the typical market price would be cool.
    I wonder what they are charging for the MSX2...

If/When I pass by there again I'll ask. I'm sure they'll love a foreigner hammering them with questions on prices for everything with no intention to buy :P :D

(It drives me mad that these shops don't have prices on anything, including PS/Xbox games etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

oh wow. definitely would be interested in anything MSX alright ! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

Isn't there something different with Korean consoles .... I have it in my head that there is ,maybe I m mixing things up
    I know PCBs are different cheaper chops etc etc .
    Great find though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Great post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

geotrig wrote: »
    Isn't there something different with Korean consoles ....

Had the same first thought as well.

I'll take a trip back there during the week and ask to have a look at the boxes etc and maybe get some more pics and prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do you speak Korean or are you using the secret gamers language?

Skerries wrote: »
    do you speak Korean or are you using the secret gamers language?

I can speak a decent amount and enough to get by :) ....the gamer language of GIT GUD, NOOB etc ?....I can try that if my Korean fails :D

Was back there again today.
    Asked the guy about the MX2, he said he wasn't selling it...it was just there as part of his collection .
    Some NeoGeos had different prices. Lowest was around 300euro...I've no idea if that's good or bad. Bad I assume.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a pity about the MSX2, thanks for asking.
    The NeoGeo price is pretty good afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Andy.Kupp87

Looks class I would love to get some old school games. Too nostalgic.

Was back there again, seen THIS thing. Never seen or heard of it before.
    Says Nintendo Famicon on it in the top right (sign on screen just says 'Don't touch please')

Anyone any info or idea wtf it is ?
    It's built into the telly as 1 unit.

qQudVpt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,262 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yep, it's a Sharp SFC1 - a Super Nintendo/TV all in one combo. They're amazing, have always wanted one. What's the price like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

geotrig wrote: »
    Isn't there something different with Korean consoles ....

It was hard for Japanese companies to sell and market machines in Korea due to historical tensions so they licensed them out to Korean companies like Samsung and Hyundai to manufacture region specific versions.

Advertisement