Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR SPORTS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    cancelled aswell but was ony offered this :
    Regrettably, the €15.99 offer is no longer available.

If you wish to subscribe to our services the package price is €29.99 per month plus €15.00 connection fee. If you have Sky Q plus a mini box the cost of the package is 32.49 per month, plus €15.00 connection fee.

Emailed them asking if they still had 15.99 offer and got same response as you.
    Not paying them 30 plus a new connection fee of 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Does anyone know if eir sports works on an android box ? I'm getting rid of sky and looking for an good alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Barr wrote: »
    Does anyone know if eir sports works on an android box ? I'm getting rid of sky and looking for an good alternative.

If you pay for Eir Sports you get access to android/iphone app, which works with chromecast..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

dulpit wrote: »
    If you pay for Eir Sports you get access to android/iphone app, which works with chromecast..

Wrong!

I subscribe to Eir sports and i dont get the app.

In order to use the app you have to be an Eir broadband customer and you have to input an Eir broadband account number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Wrong!

I subscribe to Eir sports and i dont get the app.

In order to use the app you have to be an Eir broadband customer and you have to input an Eir broadband account number

Oh,didn't realise that. Sorry. (I'm a BB customer...)

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

rang them today and the best they could offer me was the €30 a month deal.

I don't think too many will be signing up at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

I cancelled this via phone call and asked for cancellation to start after 2 months so it wouldn't run past the 3 month offer.

I've no confirmation details and no proof of above phone call, I've been charged €29.99, I see this has happened to others in this thread, what's the next step?
    really annoyed about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Esse85 wrote: »
    I cancelled this via phone call and asked for cancellation to start after 2 months so it wouldn't run past the 3 month offer.

I've no confirmation details and no proof of above phone call, I've been charged €29.99, I see this has happened to others in this thread, what's the next step?

I had similar thing happen to me . I got that 3 month deal and I called the cancel it after few weeks so as I would just need to pay the 1 Euro and they said my next direct debit would be for 30 euro . I said it was supposed to be 1 Euro for another month . They apologised and said I was correct but I didn’t trust them so demanded they cancel my card details and that I would pay the 1 Euro by card payment .They wouldn’t cancel my card so I had to get tough with them and sent some emails . Absolute dick heads to deal with .

Esse85 wrote: »

Just email them explaining this, if they agree to refund then issue sorted..my card was credited within a week of emailing them.
    If they refuse, contact your bank and tell them you have been incorrectly charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Gonad wrote: »
    Absolute dick heads to deal with .

I've never had any issues with them.
    From all the customer service agents I deal it regularly - they're by far the best.

When I call though I'm usually talking to their Scottish centre because I'm a subscriber through Sky. I don't use Eir broadband etc - maybe it's different then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭corks finest

Barr wrote: »
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

bkrangle wrote: »
    rang them today and the best they could offer me was the €30 a month deal.

I don't think too many will be signing up at that price

€30 a month isnt a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Just don't try to watch Eir Sport on a Windows machine....it's the most complicated piece of rubbish I've ever experienced.
    It won't work with popular broawsers (Windows Edge or Firefox) on a Windows 10 machine.
    So, you go and install Chrome....no luck with that either.
    Then you resort to an Android Tablet with the intention of streaming it to the big screen of the Windows machine with Chromecast....
    No joy there either.
    By the time I got it working on the small tablet, the fecking Leinster match was over.
    I would have been better off going to the bloody thing...

Then I think....what company is behind this...and suddenly it ALL makes sense.....FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

exaisle wrote: »
    Just don't try to watch Eir Sport on a Windows machine....it's the most complicated piece of rubbish I've ever experienced.
    It won't work with popular broawsers (Windows Edge or Firefox) on a Windows 10 machine.
    Then you resort to an Android Tablet with the intention of streaming it to the big screen of the Windows machine with Chromecast....
    No joy there either.
    By the time I got it working on the small tablet, the fecking Leinster match was over.

Then I think....what company is behind this...and suddenly it ALL makes sense.....FFS

just get a sky fta card and then ring up eir and tell them you want eir and bt sports on your sky box and the will ask for your sky viewing card number,all you do is give them the number on your sky fta card and away you go.

i picked up a sky fta card on dondeal for 15 euros and i had a old sky hd box lying here,and now i have eir and bt on my tv using the method i mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Has anyone that cancelled recently got any offer to return ?

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Has anyone that cancelled recently got any offer to return ?

Was wondering the same, if they called and offered me the €16 deal I’d take it for few months. No way I’m paying the current €30.

I’d image a good few people think similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

I got offered €15.99 for two months - which I took.

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    I got offered €15.99 for two months - which I took.

Have you ever paid full price for it?

Just wondering what criteria they use to determine who they offer the 15.99 offer to.

I’ve only ever taken it for reduced prices, never paid full price.

Emailed them this morning and asked was there any offers,
    got this response:

Thank you for contacting eir Sport.

We have no offers at this present time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

If I recall correctly, the last 2 years, definitely last year, Eir Sport had an offer to coincide with the start of the Allianz League, Which is due to start in 2 weeks. I'd keep an eye out as I assume they'll do something similar this year also.

• Advertisement

If I recall correctly, the last 2 years, definitely last year, Eir Sport had an offer to coincide with the start of the Allianz League, Which is due to start in 2 weeks. I'd keep an eye out as I assume they'll do something similar this year also.

That would be great if they did that again, cant justify paying full price for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Been on the look out for a deal since dec as UFC back on there, nothing, still haven't signed up, hopefully deal coming. Not worth the 30 euro to me as I won't watch it alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone able to cast the app anymore? Hasn't worked for me for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

exaisle wrote: »
    No joy there either.

I watch it on a Windows 10 PC, no issues with it though the only browser it works with is IE, not a problem

rodge123 wrote: »
    Have you ever paid full price for it?

Just wondering what criteria they use to determine who they offer the 15.99 offer to.

I’ve only ever taken it for reduced prices, never paid full price.

I don't think I have.
    I used to sign up on a yearly contract for €199, but I ended it back in October and have been offered 15.99 since.
    €30 is way too much for what they show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Would there be any room for a “Seems like a good deal on Eir” thread, where people who don’t use the Sky login share it with a Sky user who compensate the Eir customer? Maybe those ppl who have an unused Sky login aren’t the kind of people to frequent boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Would there be any room for a “Seems like a good deal on Eir” thread, where people who don’t use the Sky login share it with a Sky user who compensate the Eir customer? Maybe those ppl who have an unused Sky login aren’t the kind of people to frequent boards.ie

That goes against the terms and conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭cletus

mikeym wrote: »

As does using a VPN to tell Netflix you're from Turkey, but taking a long term sabbatical in Ireland, I'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can't imagine many would be willing to give full access to their Sky account. There would be lots of personal information on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can't imagine many would be willing to give full access to their Sky account. There would be lots of personal information on it.

Could you not give them your skycard number and they would add it to their Eir account? No need for personal information to be shared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

bren2001 wrote: »
    Could you not give them your skycard number and they would add it to their Eir account? No need for personal information to be shared.

Well it would likely be a breach of terms and conditions so can't see it being permitted on Boards as Sky, who are Verified Reps on Boards would immediately shut it down.

mikeym wrote: »

Spotify, Netflix, Deezer etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I was thinking about moving my home phone/broadband to Eir to avail of the 34.99 for 12 months deal that includes Eir/BT sports but I have heard that Eir have lost the sports channels to Sky. Anybody know what the story is there, thanks in anticipation.

I was thinking about moving my home phone/broadband to Eir to avail of the 34.99 for 12 months deal that includes Eir/BT sports but I have heard that Eir have lost the sports channels to Sky. Anybody know what the story is there, thanks in anticipation.

It’s chrrently €29.99 ... same price as the Sports channels by themselves from Eir!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

My annual sub is up at end of month, got a phone call last night offering me the year for €225, I paid €245 last year. Are people getting any better offers, are they under pressure with losing customers from people just streaming etc.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »

It's just a matter of entering the two skycard numbers you want to have access on the eir site. They can be in different places and with Sky Q it's for the whole address rather than the individual box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It was announced a few months ago that Sky would be the 'exclusive' provider of BT Sport content in Ireland. What that actually means is anyone's guess, there has been no word about any of it since and no confirmation that Eir will lose the BT channels.

Even if you only end up with Eir Sport, it's still a good deal.

keng66 wrote: »
    My annual sub is up at end of month, got a phone call last night offering me the year for €225, I paid €245 last year. Are people getting any better offers, are they under pressure with losing customers from people just streaming etc.

At the moment I wouldn't be signing up for a year again with the possibility of losing the BT channels in the summer.
    My yearly sub ended in November and they've offered me 15.99 for two months since then - you just have to remind yourself to cancel every few months before the price goes to 29.99.

sweetie wrote: »
    It's just a matter of entering the two skycard numbers you want to have access on the eir site. They can be in different places and with Sky Q it's for the whole address rather than the individual box.

Two numbers???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    At the moment I wouldn't be signing up for a year again with the possibility of losing the BT channels in the summer.
    My yearly sub ended in November and they've offered me 15.99 for two months since then - you just have to remind yourself to cancel every few months before the price goes to 29.99.

How do you get through to them, they made a balls of my account but when I ring it's a 30 minute wait, and online chat is like trying to teach the dog to play the banjo- hard work

• Advertisement

How do you get through to them, they made a balls of my account but when I ring it's a 30 minute wait, and online chat is like trying to teach the dog to play the banjo- hard work

Best go into a store if you can

I usually email them (cs@eirsport .ie) or call them on 0818-203040.
    They must have a call centre in Scotland because it's always a Scottish person I speak with.

Two numbers???

yes, two sky cards can be added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looking to get Eir Sports for the league, is it possible to get this on virgin?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nope, sorry.

It sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I think you can sign up and view it on laptop or PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Afraid not, the only way of watching eir is by being an eir mobile bill pay, broadband or sky customer

If you really want the league you could try subscribing to Premier Sports, it's a UK provider but you should be able to stream it here via the app or the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Just cancelled my 2 months at 15.99, got offered it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CONSI

you can get eir sports on vodafone tv

sweetie wrote: »
    yes, two sky cards can be added.

Says only 1 can be assigned...

• Advertisement
Advertisement