Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightgun setup and games raspberry pi

• 12-08-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have a raspberry pi 3 setup with mame, hich i connect to my tv when playing.

I'd like to start playing some of the arcade games like point blank, house of the dead, time crisis etc.

I've looked online for guides or options and it seems like the best guns to get are the aimtrak ones which cost about 60 pound each, they have an extra large sensor bar which i'd need as im using a tv and not a monitor.

Has anyone done something similar to this and if so, how hard or successful is the setup?

Are there any better options out there that anyone could recommend?

Anyone got photos or videos of their setups, i'd like to eventually put the raspberry pi into a bartop casing but i have no skills for doing things like tht.

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know the GunCon 3 from Namco works on flat panel displays as it uses a pair of sensors for tracking, but I don't think the pc/ Linux drivers are accurate enough as yet.
    There are a bunch of Wiimote hacks though that might solve your problems, you could Google those and see if you can cobble together a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Thanks, I think I'll get the aimtrak gun,

I was wondering if many people have good experiences with light guns on the pi

Advertisement