Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah yeah de flea the little thing for its own benefit. I know all about the Cat Flea. Had to flea bomb the house once after a kitten. Not pleasant. Hence I'm a flea expert now.:D

Those flea bombs make your head itch by themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,955 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Scratching like a maniac here :pac:

Wait until the little ones start school and come home with "a note from the teacher" , the words alone will make you itch :D

Duvet , am I right ?!

Perse, I feel for ya. I hope the lovely drugs help you! I have my consultation in the morning for my impacted wisdom tooth removal next Monday morning... I had that flagyl when it was infected, made me feel sick! I'm hoping for some difene too! Mmmmmmmm diiifeeennnne :P:pac:

The best of luck with it Dave. I do hope it's a straightforward procedure for you.

One thing I am lucky with is having a strong stomach for drugs. Took 5 of the feckers the minute I got them. All washed down with this lad. I'm so hardy I don't even need water!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Another long day here, I am exhausted. I finally have a dressing gown though so I'm only delighted with myself :D

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin Jupiter, I think what Grem said is a good idea, go and visit and be supportive in a while when it's safer to fly.

Ah Perse I'll take all of your teeth out for free, problem solved :D

TTWS what an adorable little hedgehog Harry is! My ex took one in a few weeks ago and brought it to the vet as it was wheezing but the poor thing had severe respiratory problems and had to be put down.

On the couch basking in the glory of a big fluffy dressing gown and fluffy socks, now where did I put my puzzle book :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Wait until the little ones start school and come home with "a note from the teacher" , the words alone will make you itch :D

Duvet , am I right ?!
    Tea tree oil on the shirt collars Mam, it's meant to keep them away ,thankfully mine never got them , even thinking about it makes me itch.

Couchside absolutely stuffed after making huge homemade burgers and yet I'm craving chocolate now,it's a never ending cycle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with

Coke ✅
    Popcorn ✅

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

That's why I mentioned it...as way said above..not harmful to humans..but they can leave the hedgehog.and end up on you at times.

When I was a young fella I was a big fan of MacGyver and loved watching it every week. My parents told me every week I'd lie on my belly on the carpet in front of the telly waiting excitedly for it to start and I had this kind of nervous anticipation habit where I'd start scratching like one side of my face, then the other, then my head etc. I have no memory of this habit but they said they used to be in stitches on the couch behind me because they knew what was coming every time :D

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Wait until the little ones start school and come home with "a note from the teacher" , the words alone will make you itch

Oh gad! Rank. Please let us get away with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Funny thing is they were issuing hose pipe bans recently!

Oh don't bring water services ineptitude into it!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Deskside with

Coke ✅
    Popcorn ✅

*Slides bowl*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Perse, I had a filling hit a nerve, it's absolutely fugging horrendous. Then I had to get emergency root canal to fix it.
    Thinking about it now makes me shudder.
    I gave whole nights awake climbing the wall with that pain.
    I hope you are coming out the other side of it now.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couch watching Unauthorised Living, water in paw. Contact tracing app finally downloaded and set up, sorted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

kowloon wrote: »
    Those flea bombs make your head itch by themselves.

Stay out of the house for at least 3 to 4 hours. My memory was Mrs G and Ms G sitting in the car while I set them off upstairs and downstairs, before I jumped in and drove away.:D Once back home it was some hoover job.:eek: All this after a poxy Vet supposedly treated the poor thing for fleas.

Duvet , am I right ?!

Actually Mam, with all the schools closed and the so called social distancing, the oul head lice thing really shouldn't be an issue this year. For what its worth forget about the shampoo, dry comb everyday to break the cycle and then tea tree solution to keep them at bay.

Flea/lice expert for hire. Years of human/animal experience. Quotations on request.:D

When I was a young fella I was a big fan of MacGyver and loved watching it every week.

MacGuyver was cool, the new series is a fcuking abomination in the sight of our Lord and must be purged from this mortal plane.

?width=580&version=889082

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*Slides bowl*

The cheek of some people 😱

slides bowl back over full of popcorn 😜

I wanted to be mcgyver so much when I was young!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

MacGuyver was cool, the new series is a fcuking abomination in the sight of our Lord and must be purged from this mortal plane.

?width=580&version=889082

He could build a nuclear power plant out of an elastic band, a piece of chewing gum and a paper clip. Amazing :eek:

It's the mullet. Everything else is just a cover for mullet envy.

It's the mullet. Everything else is just a cover for mullet envy.

It was the welding with a car battery and a coin actually ;)

• Advertisement

The intro music was fookin cullass!!

Had a really lovely evening, my sister came by with her kids on her way to Tipp, and when the kids were playing together I had this weird moment when I realised "we're old now". I still think of my big sister as the annoying one who used to make fart noises and beat me up (she was oddly strong for her size), now we make conversation about the kids' schooling. Life comes at you hard.

All my siblings would sit down to watch it together. Mcguyver and the A Team and later Gladiators. They were the shows that stopped the fighting for a while and brought us together! :D

Had a really lovely evening, my sister came by with her kids on her way to Tipp

Aren't you going to stop her? You can't just be dumping kids like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I hope she doesn’t get stopped by the Border patrol in Tipp ;)

Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

Aren't you going to stop her? You can't just be dumping kids like that!

Tipp is no dump!. :p

• Advertisement

Beer and Manhatten cheese and onion crisps. Like cheese and onion on steroids and growth hormones, you wouldn't want to be looking for a kiss tonight. :p

All my siblings would sit down to watch it together. Mcguyver and the A Team and later Gladiators. They were the shows that stopped the fighting for a while and brought us together!

Highway to heaven was another good Saturday night one.

The Fall Guy too, another great intro tune too from back in the day when I wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up.

I seem to have grown out a bit too much for the costume though. :D

Kitchen side

you wouldn't want to be looking for a kiss tonight. :p

*Looks in the mirror and fixes hair *

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I wanted to do McGyver so much when I was young :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I wanted to do McGyver so much when I was young :D

macgyvererectile.png

Highway to heaven was another good Saturday night one.

Oh wow! Forgot that show completely!

The waltons and touched by an angel, another two slow Sunday shows.

Seventh Heaven

The waltons and touched by an angel, another two slow Sunday shows.

Touched by an Angel, the original emotional manipulation show. I'd be crying before the opening credits even finished.

Seventh Heaven

Was that the one with the reverend/pastor father?

Anyone remember the name of the one with Corkie, the son with Down syndrome? The theme was Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da? Were they the same show?

Was that the one with the reverend/pastor father?

Ya the do gooder family, christ on a bike, each episode had a "message" must have been annoying to remember all those lines, as they would go on and on and on.

Anyone remember the name of the one with Corkie, the son with Down syndrome? The theme was Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da? Were they the same show?

Our house I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,597 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have that and difene and flagyl. Lovely drugs.

Don't know what flagyl is but I think I had difene for a broken rib. Brilliant stuff

Plus one for the Walton's. That was a great sentimental show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,955 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Life Goes On , I think that was it Leggy ?

Didn't your man who played the dad in 7th heaven turn out to be a paedophile ?? Well the actor that played him?

I have a heap of difene here but it's too hard on my stomach, makes me loopy as well.

Jaysis difene does nothing for me at all :(

That was it, the clue was in the intro song!

My detective skills aren't as finely tuned as I thought! :D

Mam of 4 wrote:

You're right Mam. I was confusing it with another show.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Home side, horizontal on the couch. Just chilling. Still feeling sad about my cousin but looking forward to getting away tomorrow.

After discussing it with my OH, I am increasingly thinking of not flying over to Birmingham for his funeral. It might not be worth risking it at this stage.

About to sail away here. Goodnight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Plus one for the Walton's. That was a great sentimental show.

Here’s a piece of trivia that I learned from a FB group for gay men over 40 that I’m a member of : the actor and actress who played Grandpa and Grandma Walton were both gay and in long-term relationships with their same-sex partners.

Who’d a thunk it??

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Home side, horizontal on the couch. Just chilling. Still feeling sad about my cousin but looking forward to getting away tomorrow.

After discussing it with my OH, I am increasingly thinking of not flying over to Birmingham for his funeral. It might not be worth risking it at this stage.

Sorry to hear this, Jupiter. It's better to leave it til later though when you can hug your other cousin and have a proper catch up and reminisce.

• Advertisement

Omg Family Ties, tis nostalgia night here again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement