Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rolsten Aqua

• 19-10-2020 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi there

Has anyone sprayed the aqua based primer and satin from Rolsten paints.

I find it brilliant to brush, but haven't sprayed it yet. Also if you have what size tip did you use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Sprayed the primer. Not a fan. Failed the scratch test following day. Have now settled on colourtrend Prime 2 as my go to. It is an epoxy primer , much better than rolsten imo. With the Rolsten, I was spraying at 1200 psi using 210, 310 FF tips ( tritech)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

dok_golf wrote: »
    Sprayed the primer. Not a fan. Failed the scratch test following day. Have now settled on colourtrend Prime 2 as my go to. It is an epoxy primer , much better than rolsten imo. With the Rolsten, I was spraying at 1200 psi using 210, 310 FF tips ( tritech)

Are you using an airless with them tips?

That color trend prime 2 looks superior alright, must try it. I love there emulsions. By far the best paint on the market.

yes. T5 airless. There is another primer from Caparol called Haftprimer. Its meant to be the business, even better than Prime 2. I actually think fleetwood is every bit as good as Colourtrend for 40% less. :-)

yes. T5 airless. There is another primer from Caparol called Haftprimer. Its meant to be the business, even better than Prime 2. I actually think fleetwood is every bit as good as Colourtrend for 40% less. :-)

You must have a lot of waste, by time it goes through the system? I was thinking of using a Hvlp pot gun, maybe a 0.8 tip?

We use the Graco Xtreme 60 and 70s at work. Beast of a machine. But it's all 2 pack we're using.

No waste, flush it through with water. Those Gracos are mint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Ive been using Bradite "One Can" over a year now and find it great. Waterbased and tintable, and passed the next day scratch test.
    I was finding the prime2 "going off" very fast once opened.
    https://stillorgandecor.ie/product/bradite-one-can/

For those interested, I didn't find this great on the laminated kitchen doors. Found it scratched very easily even after a few days drying. I applied with roller, as the customer wanted a hand painted finish.

But I had a few litres left so I done a few sample pieces on a swatch of aluminium and a swatch of aluminium primed with a two pack primer previously, left it dry for 2 days and it was almost impossible to scratch with your finger nail.

You used it on both unprimed and 2k primed aluminium? And it stuck to both?

You used it on both unprimed and 2k primed aluminium? And it stuck to both?

Ya, passed the scratch test no problem.

Actually stuck better to the 2k primed with Jotun penguard. Couldn't scratch it with my finger nail.

Interesting, always thought you would need an etch primer for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement