Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Place/sites to buy service parts?

• 24-05-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Apart from the usual mickgarge and mister auto is there any other good sites for parts .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on what car they’re for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭johnml

I find AutoDoc good. You can get the good brands reasonably priced and they always have promotional discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Whocare

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Depends on what car they’re for.

Volkswagen . mister auto is coming out cheaper so far
    Oil filter mann filter is like 6.50
    Castrol oil 5 litres € 57 not sure if it worth money Total oil is like 38€
    Brake pads brembo €32

If the oil meets the specs then forget the brand to a large extent. I used Total Quartz and Halfords own brand fully synth for years on my Civic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

GSF?

• Advertisement

johnml wrote: »
    I find AutoDoc good. You can get the good brands reasonably priced and they always have promotional discount.

Prices are good but the delivery is the Killer even using parcel motel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If the oil meets the specs then forget the brand to a large extent. I used Total Quartz and Halfords own brand fully synth for years on my Civic.
    Yeah was thinking the same Total should be an ok brand

Whocare wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking the same Total should be an ok brand

They’ve been Citroen’s OE oil supplier for over 60 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Skodaparts do a full service kit for my 2 litre superb for €107, oil and filter, fuel, air and pollen filters. I bought a pair of proper OEM wipers from them for 47 euro just to try them out, I'm impressed with their service I'll get the kit from them when it's due the full service (4000km)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

I find gsf the best place for the service kit for the superb decent quality and the best price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Eurocarparts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,547 ✭✭✭✭L1011

johnml wrote: »

Tried to insist to me that I'd ordered the wrong parts and that I should buy what were actually the wrong parts for a different car. Cocky twats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Skodaspares do a full service kit for my 2 litre superb for €107, oil and filter, fuel, air and pollen filters. I bought a pair of proper OEM wipers from them for 47 euro just to try them out, I'm impressed with their service I'll get the kit from them when it's due the full service (4000km)
    i got the exact same service kit for a 1.6 in consort on malahide road, artane and it was 60 euro. Lots of places are still ripping you off for the 507.00 oil.
    Gsf arent bad but i dont like oil for vw they sell you that isnt 507.00 and they swear its the same stuff. Its ec3 or something like that i cant remember. Id rather get the proper stuff.

Philb76 wrote: »
    I find gsf the best place for the service kit for the superb decent quality and the best price
    I can't find service kits on that god awful website but at €83 for a pair of decent wiperblades I think I'll pass:mad:

iamtony wrote: »
    i got the exact same service kit for a 1.6 in consort on malahide road, artane and it was 60 euro. Lots of places are still ripping you off for the 507.00 oil.
    Gsf arent bad but i dont like oil for vw they sell you that isnt 507.00 and they swear its the same stuff. Its ec3 or something like that i cant remember. Id rather get the proper stuff.
    5 Litres of oil and 4 genuine filters for 60 yoyo's:eek: No way!!

5 Litres of oil and 4 genuine filters for 60 yoyo's:eek: No way!!

Yup. I probably have receipt somewhere. I hadn't used consort in years but they have upped their game.

Sorry filters werent genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Your local motor factor.

If you don't support them now, don't expect them to be open in the future when you do need them.

biko wrote: »
    Your local motor factor.

If you don't support them now, don't expect them to be open in the future when you do need them.

I'm still under warranty so need genuine filters etc.

I'm still under warranty so need genuine filters etc.

You don’t need ‘genuine’ filters to keep your warranty. They just need to be of OE quality standard.

This has been the case since EU block exemption was changed 10 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

iamtony wrote: »

The Gem 507 00 is probably the cheapest in Ireland normally around €25 for 5l, I usually get the Quantum Longlife 3 507 00 which is the VW dealer oil. It's about €35 or so on trade off VW for 5l. I get 20 litres off Ebay for around £90.

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    The Gem 507 00 is probably the cheapest in Ireland normally around €25 for 5l, I usually get the Quantum Longlife 3 507 00 which is the VW dealer oil. It's about €35 or so on trade off VW for 5l. I get 20 litres off Ebay for around £90.

https://gerryco-lubricant-distributors.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral
    I used to buy 20 litre drums off this crowd and they always did a good price, its been a while but i think it was less than 100 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

biko wrote: »
    Your local motor factor.

To be fair, most local motor factor shops are always close enough in price to buying online, and especially as you aren't covering delivery costs and can usualy get them right away.

You'll get the odd one that likes to chance their arm, but ultimately, you'll only get away with that for so long too!

L1011 wrote: »
    Tried to insist to me that I'd ordered the wrong parts and that I should buy what were actually the wrong parts for a different car. Cocky twats.

Also forgot they tried to upsell me spark plugs and oil with a sodding brake caliper. Can't possible rate them lower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

Digging up an oldie but I think here may help others better down the road if they search for info.

This compnay run several websites in the UK so check for their owner and see if it ties back to these guys. Now to be fair their pricing is good so if you can wait 2-4 weeks go for it but if you want something quick look elsewhere.

I knew onlinecarparts.co.uk were Autodoc and owned by Wemax Group GmbH & Co.KG. I ordered parts and paid GBP£27.99 for shipping to Ireland.

Their T's & C's clearly state that delivery is 4-5 days and I have a PDF of that page should they decide to change it. The package has not arrived and has been in Cologne Germany with DHL waiting to ship to Ireland since 7am Saturday morning 21 November. The parts were ordered on Monday 16 November and today is Thursday 26 November. Basically 10 days later.

After chasing all carriers is it apperas that it is being handled by DHL ecommerce and is on a 8-14 day shipping rate. Contacting the company directly has not beem succesful, emails and forms remain unanswered.

They are charging customers for a 4-5 day delivery and paying for an 8-14 day, call that what you will but defnitley false advertising at a basic polite level.

So my advice is to avoid onlinecarparts.co.uk, autodoc and any others owned by them unless you want to wait 2-3 weeks for parts. I purposely selected parst that were in stock in the hope of having them by the end of the week or at worst I would have had the car off the road for just the one weekend. It is now looking like two weekends.

Shipping terms pasted from their website.
    From their terms page:
    3. Delivery, costs for delivery
    Delivery takes 4-5 working days.

From their shipping page:
    Delivery time:

50647693662_9e302dea97_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

traco wrote: »
    Digging up an oldie but I think here may help others better down the road if they search for info.

This compnay run several websites in the UK so check for their owner and see if it ties back to these guys. Now to be fair their pricing is good so if you can wait 2-4 weeks go for it but if you want something quick look elsewhere.

I knew onlinecarparts.co.uk were Autodoc and owned by Wemax Group GmbH & Co.KG. I ordered parts and paid GBP£27.99 for shipping to Ireland.

Their T's & C's clearly state that delivery is 4-5 days and I have a PDF of that page should they decide to change it. The package has not arrived and has been in Cologne Germany with DHL waiting to ship to Ireland since 7am Saturday morning 21 November. The parts were ordered on Monday 16 November and today is Thursday 26 November. Basically 10 days later.

After chasing all carriers is it apperas that it is being handled by DHL ecommerce and is on a 8-14 day shipping rate. Contacting the company directly has not beem succesful, emails and forms remain unanswered.

They are charging customers for a 4-5 day delivery and paying for an 8-14 day, call that what you will but defnitley false advertising at a basic polite level.

So my advice is to avoid onlinecarparts.co.uk, autodoc and any others owned by them unless you want to wait 2-3 weeks for parts. I purposely selected parst that were in stock in the hope of having them by the end of the week or at worst I would have had the car off the road for just the one weekend. It is now looking like two weekends.

Shipping terms pasted from their website.
    From their terms page:
    3. Delivery, costs for delivery

From their shipping page:
    Delivery time:

50647693662_9e302dea97_c.jpg
    I have also read weird things about the owners having some links to Putin's inner circle. I know it sounds like a joke but there was something about it in the NYT.

EDIT: Here's the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/europe/sweden-immigration-nationalism.html

Apparently Autodoc likes to fund some dodgy far-right sites out there.

I ran in to one of their other sites that I only found out was them after the same crap of a part being listed; not being in stock and a pathetic upsell of other stuff after telling me they've no stock.

At this stage if I get a whiff that a parts site has German ownership I'm not using it in case its them. Didn't even know about the far right stuff before making that decision but it just reinforces it.

Got the rather obscure (car, not type) part I needed from brakeparts.co.uk who had a more modern parts database that realised that TRW had changed the part number.

Local motor factors were only able to offer me the OEM part - which is *the same part* as the TRW one, they are the OEM via Lucas and it even has Lucas on the casting - for 5x the price. Dealers could even beat them on that, by a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I've used onlinecarparts/autodoc a few times, no problems other than it takes about 2-3 days to ship and a week to arrive.

Got 40% off a pile of parts there this evening on their Black Friday deal, which really only translates to about 20% off as the other 20% is a near constant thing. Great selection of parts in terms of OEM BMW filters, belts, fuel lines, valves, brakes etc, I hope its in stock as shown as there's over 30 parts on the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

I buy everything off the autodoc app now, always wait for at least 38% off as I'm usually not in a hurry for stuff. It was 41% off yesterday for black Friday. I get the stuff sent to parcel motel and its usually free delivery depending on total amount spent, its £8 or so for UK delivery otherwise. I cant believe anybody would pay £29 for ROI delivery.

Have to say autodoc are fantastic, haven't let me down yet. You should only use the app to order though, best discounts there, also their search box on the app is great for part number searches rather than by make model or reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MrCostington

+1 for Consort, they got me 10l of a rareish Liqui Molly oil that I could only find in one other retailer, which would have involved a long drive through the city, for less than they wanted too. Also a shout out to Finglas Motor Factors who did the same with the AFT which Consort could not source.

I think it really is a case of use it or loose it with the local indy factors

Advertisement