Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT date

Options
  • 11-01-2020 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

My car's NCT due date is 08-Feb-2020 but I checked online and there is no slot available (In area, I am living) till 19-Feb-2020 for NCT renewal. I have already renewed insurance and motor tax for the year.

Can I take appointment for 19-Feb or I should look for some other areas (far away from my place) if they offer appointment before 08-Feb-2020?

Thanks in advance,
    Prateek
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

I am also interested to know what to do in this case. If you cant get a date then I guess you cant legally drive your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Ring you may get a cancellation appointment, they are last minute though. Look for a different area if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try the website around 9.30pm when they release cancelled bookings back in to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Try the website around 9.30pm when they release cancelled bookings back in to the system.

Exactly this, I got bookings for my own car and also my Bro's using the same method recently. Also I found slots by checking the website in the early morning. (6am)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Where are you based? I was looking today and Naas has loads of slots available from the 3rd Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

Call centres have access to extra slots and as others have said try website again and again. Try get nct completed well in advance of the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Who the hell programmed the NCT website. My current NCT was extended till end of January. When I put in my reg on the NCT website I get....

Warning! Your vehicle is not due! Please return at a later date to make a booking or select a date near your NCT due date.

If I tick the box to continue it says I can't get a date till end of Feb, will try again late some evening.

They should remove that warning as I'm sure it's needlessly caused many to have their NCT run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Miscreant

pippip wrote: »
    Who the hell programmed the NCT website. My current NCT was extended till end of January. When I put in my reg on the NCT website I get....

Warning! Your vehicle is not due! Please return at a later date to make a booking or select a date near your NCT due date.

If I tick the box to continue it says I can't get a date till end of Feb, will try again late some evening.

They should remove that warning as I'm sure it's needlessly caused many to have their NCT run out.

Call them....... doesn't take that long. They could get you an appointment fairly soon if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

email I got from them.

Dear Car-Owner,
    This is notification of a deferral of your NCT

As a result of COVID 19, the Minister of Transport, Tourism and Sport announced a 4 month NCT certificate extension for vehicles with a test due date on or after the 28th March.

As a result of this announcement, your NCT has been deferred, your new test due date is 28/05/2021. You will not receive a new NCT certificate to reflect this new test due date and An Garda Síochána have been notified.

Your vehicle should be presented for NCT based on your new test due date 28/05/2021
    and you can book online nearer this date.
    Customers are reminded if you proceed with booking a test that is more than 90 days in advance of the test due date, the test will be a voluntary early test and the NCT certificate issued will be valid for 1 or 2 years (depending on the age of the vehicle) from the date of the successful test.
    We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with the new procedures that are in place for attending your NCT as a result of COVID 19. Click here for the new procedures and an FAQ document on what you should expect on your visit to the test centre

We look forward to serving you in the future
    NCTS

Advertisement