Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYE On Irish Radio

Options
  • 29-11-2020 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if there's any good NYE parties usually on any of the radio stations in Ireland. Last year I let 2020 in listening to BBC Radio 2 and it was quite a let down for me. Hoping to choose a better channel with a good choice of music to let 2021 in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭KReid

Well what are you looking for?

Cant imagine radio stations put much focus on NYE, just play lots of dance classics for the parties, but ya know, no parties allowed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

John Creedon had something the last few years, mostly a request show for people living overseas, similar to his Chritmas day show. I haven't heard him mention it this year yet - tho he was off the last few weeks, and I didn't listen last week.

I think 2FM had some EBU thing with various links from around Europe, again no idea what they are doing this year.

I would hope with people being encouraged to socialize in small groups etc that there would be at least one decent show on for new years. If not we'll be tuning into Jools Holland, again...

Advertisement