Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it must be dishearntening for the devs, creative people coming up with new maps every year and all the uncouth want to do is play shipment and nuketown 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

In my case, I'm more hyped about the double weapon xp. Can take or leave nuketown

The weapon levelling is such a grind in this game. It wouldn't be as big a deal but some of the the later unlocked attachments are so strong.

Once I had the RPD maxed last night I made a class with thermal, smoke grenades and the +100% velocity barrel. It was so cheesy but so effective to throw smokes in the sight lines and hose people across the map :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Looking for some advice here as I'm somewhat on the fence about this. If it was to drop in price (PS4) for black friday I would most likely pick it up but I don't see that happening as it's only just been released? On the PS store they are offering 3 different packages, I have no interest in the most expensive, most likely won't get a PS5 until this time next year so the cheapest option is €70. I notice it says something like SB1 pass not included or something to that extent, can someone explain what that is?

I used to be quite a big COD player and from the period of the original MW right through to the beginning of Ghosts it was easily my most played game. Ever since Ghosts my interest has waned significantly. The last COD I bought was Black Ops 3 and while I still wasn't overly keen on the whole boosting element I did find it overall an enjoyable experience. In recent months I have downloaded WWII from the PS store. If I stuck to Shipment I felt I could do ok, outside of that not so much, perhaps the lack of map knowledge/guns are the biggest factor. I always felt like I would be shooting people for an eternity but then get dropped almost instantly.

Anyway I played the beta of CW a while back and I wasn't really sold on it I have to say, I didn't like the maps (too big) and I also found it incredibly difficult to put any sort of decent gameplay together. Since it's been released I see that SBMM may have accounted for some of that? I should also say I have zero interest in playing Zombies/Warzone. I'm pretty sure I would enjoy the campaign but I don't know if I can justify buying it for the campaign alone if the multiplayer doesn't appeal to me.

Having said that I do feel like I am itching to play but I wonder if that's just nostalgia getting the better of me because of how I enjoyed the old games. So folks sell it to me or steer me away from it, all opinions welcome! Thanks!

I was in the same boat. MW2-Blops1-MW3, easily my most played game. Dropped it early during BO2. My brother brought me Ghosts but couldn't play it and I wasn't interested in Blops III/IV even when given to me for free. Came back last year and loved it, still do.

I certainly prefer the IW games and haven't gotten this. The beta if anything turned me off it more. Some of this is personal preference / developer bigotry.

Some of the biggest criticisms I've seen on this is lack of MP content, slow weapon levelling and connection issues.

I do find the first few weeks of a COD release the feedback you get back is from both ends of the extremes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it must be dishearntening for the devs, creative people coming up with new maps every year and all the uncouth want to do is play shipment and nuketown 24/7

Well if modern warfare was anything to go by, they would all want to go back to design school. How does shipment (a small of square of non stop murder) feel so much better than all these intricate maps they made? I only play Hackney, Petrograd and Broadcast from normal rotation now, will skip all of the rest.

As for nuke town, it’s probably the same thing as shipment - familiarity with the layout will always have people flocking to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Im gonna say it..........cold war is a step back !

Well if modern warfare was anything to go by, they would all want to go back to design school. How does shipment (a small of square of non stop murder) feel so much better than all these intricate maps they made? I only play Hackney, Petrograd and Broadcast from normal rotation now, will skip all of the rest.

As for nuke town, it’s probably the same thing as shipment - familiarity with the layout will always have people flocking to it.

I'd agree and must admit my focus early on was really Gunfight which I loved and then migrated to Warzone. I really only played the MP to platinum the SMGs and even then mostly shoothouse and shipment, so I really have no authority to go on about the MP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I notice it says something like SB1 pass not included or something to that extent, can someone explain what that is?

SB1, I'm assuming means season 1 battle pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

F1ngers wrote: »
    SB1, I'm assuming means season 1 battle pass.

What does that consist of? I'm assuming new maps? I thought I heard they were giving new maps free? Maybe I picked it up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Rx713B wrote: »
    Im gonna say it..........cold war is a step back !

Most will agree,I also think the Dirty Bomb map and mechanics were going to be the follow up to Warzone but the higher ups seen how bad it all was and a complete step down from Warzone and was made into Dirty Bomb instead!

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not 24/7 on hardcore, only in rotation. :(

It's in hardcore now, pistol-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,027 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

game has been near unplayable for me with the lag today. nearly every time i'm in a gun fight, it freezes and stutters a bit. very frustrating.

may be the internet but we have fiber so i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

I used to be quite a big COD player and from the period of the original MW right through to the beginning of Ghosts it was easily my most played game. Ever since Ghosts my interest has waned significantly. The last COD I bought was Black Ops 3 and while I still wasn't overly keen on the whole boosting element I did find it overall an enjoyable experience.

Just buy Modern Warfare 2019. You can get it for €30 new and it's genuinely a better and more polished game than Cold War.

Good campaign as well.

That's not to say that Black Ops is bad. It's not. But if you haven't played since BO3, Modern Warfare is a phenomenal game and is only €30.

There are tons of people this year aren't moving to Black Ops because MW is so good with a massive playerbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Got this today and went straight for Nuketown:)

God knows when I'll get around to doing the campaign.

If they loosened SBMM a little and made score streaks reset on death, this game would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

x43r0 wrote: »
    If they loosened SBMM a little and made score streaks reset on death, this game would be great

After my last game I had the last 10 games stats and it was a definite pattern of increasing spm for 3 games then a massive drop and it increases again for 3 and repeat. Goes between about 160 at low end to ~500 at the best game before dropping like a stone next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,027 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

game has been near unplayable for me with the lag today. nearly every time i'm in a gun fight, it freezes and stutters a bit. very frustrating.

may be the internet but we have fiber so i dunno.

think i got this sorted if anyone has similar issues.

was playing around with FOV. it seems with the higher FOV there is more stuff to render so can cause freezing/stuttering

think i got this sorted if anyone has similar issues.

was playing around with FOV. it seems with the higher FOV there is more stuff to render so can cause freezing/stuttering

105 is the number I've been seeing streamers mention as the sweet spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Started playing this online last night on PS5.

I was an ardent COD playing back in the day with Modern Warfare 2 being the peak, but I’ve just dipped in and out at best in the last few years.

I’m enjoying it. The double XP this week helps for levelling up quickly too.

I know it’s personal preference but what do you find are the best game modes for levelling up and weapons starting off? I always find Domination gives me more XP than I probably deserve given my standard of play, and I’m loving the MP5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

BrentMused wrote: »
    I know it’s personal preference but what do you find are the best game modes for levelling up and weapons starting off? I always find Domination gives me more XP than I probably deserve given my standard of play, and I’m loving the MP5.

If you're a run n gun type player Kill Confirmed,if you're a team player then Domination with a M16/MP5 combo!

Levelling up guns is ridiculous,they are making it hard to jump between different guns,usually I'd level a gun up and move on to the next but it aint happening on Cold War!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Dozyart wrote: »
    If you're a run n gun type player Kill Confirmed,if you're a team player then Domination with a M16/MP5 combo!

Levelling up guns is ridiculous,they are making it hard to jump between different guns,usually I'd level a gun up and move on to the next but it aint happening on Cold War!

I’ve found the double xp has helped a lot. Switching between about 6 different guns trying to get the attachments unlocked.

For me Dom/hard point have been pretty good for levelling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Hey guys, are any of you suffering from screen tear and lag on the Series X? Almost unplayable for me today. I'm using an ethernet cable so that's not the issue.

I'm wondering should I uninstall and reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Anybody looking for an addy to their party?

EDIT: Xbox username is DM2092

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Hey guys, are any of you suffering from screen tear and lag on the Series X? Almost unplayable for me today. I'm using an ethernet cable so that's not the issue.

I'm wondering should I uninstall and reinstall?

Cold War is terrible on series x. I'm trying to go back to get the red door achievement and it keeps freezing in the same spot. Nothing freezes from Game pass. They say cod is optimised for Series X, its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'm shíte at the multiplayer...! I'm consistently last at the end of every game.

Since Nuketown has started, I'm getting better. I'm not last every time now...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Nuketown gone in the latest update.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Double XP and double weapon XP going live on Saturday through to Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Christmas Nuketown coming with Season 1 next week.

• Advertisement

Just the playlist, the map itself is still in regular rotation

Advertisement