Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Test on Thursday :)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

^^^ this
    That could well be the case nationwide. I suspect their is a lack of bike testers everywhere. I heard that here in Kerry a guy comes up from Cork every so often to do the bike tests here in Tralee and Killarney.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭woody84

There was a batch done for the a week in August, then another week now in October, chances are next batch will be December

Got my test date , four weeks from now.
    Fingers crossed I pass now after waiting for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Got my test date aswell. Booked it about 3 months ago. I emailed urgentdrivingtest@rsa.ie a few weeks back requesting a date. Not sure if this helped with getting a date.

Lcass wrote: »
    Got my test date aswell. Booked it about 3 months ago. I emailed urgentdrivingtest@rsa.ie a few weeks back requesting a date. Not sure if this helped with getting a date.

Yeah possibly. I applied in June. Then asked to put on the short notice list there awhile back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

good luck to everyone doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Good luck and do as I did and magine all the pedestrians naked! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

H_Lime wrote: »
    Good luck and do as I did and magine all the pedestrians naked! :o

Shoulder checks won't be a problem then. :=)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

Have a mate doing the test and they got an email saying they have to bring their own headphones with a 3.5 jack connection. Email mentioned not to bring ones with with a microphone built in. Has anyone had a test where they had to bring their own headphones? If so what ones did you use or did the microphone cause any hassle? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Hurley6969 wrote: »
    Have a mate doing the test and they got an email saying they have to bring their own headphones with a 3.5 jack connection. Email mentioned not to bring ones with with a microphone built in. Has anyone had a test where they had to bring their own headphones? If so what ones did you use or did the microphone cause any hassle? Cheers

You can get them in Dealz.
    Sports earphones with a 3.5mm jack plug . No mic. €1.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Hurley6969 wrote: »

Used these ones for my test on Friday : https://bit.ly/2K2IH1U

I passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

What's the issue with mic?

dmigsy wrote: »

I passed!

Cheers for that and congrats on passing :D

PCeeeee wrote: »
    What's the issue with mic?

Something about interference with the receiver they use for the test. Would probably be ok but this is one of the times you wouldnt want to miss the allocated spot because of something small..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

dmigsy wrote: »

I passed!

congrats on Passing :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Nice dry morning today in Tralee, test at 09.15. Proud to say I passed. My brother was next test after and passed too. Two happy campers here. Great to get that out of the way.

myclist wrote: »
    Nice dry morning today in Tralee, test at 09.15. Proud to say I passed. My brother was next test after and passed too. Two happy campers here. Great to get that out of the way.

Well done to both of you! Always great to see people posting that they passed here. The car test seems like such a piece of pizz when you compare them haha :D

Funny you had them back to back. When I did mine, grumpy bike wizard, not sure if that's his boardie handle, was before me and we knew each other from spins.

Great feeling eh! Well done and keep up the training, should do some myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Congrats to you both!

Thanks guys. Kinda had to tell someone!!! Pure fluke we booked the same day back in knockdown within minutes of each other. Goes to show there's no queue jumping or fiddling going on I suppose. Was nervous about the u turn cos I hurt my back about ten days ago and couldn't do it last week on pre test because of the pain, but no problem today.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Kinda had to tell someone!!! Pure fluke we booked the same day back in knockdown within minutes of each other. Goes to show there's no queue jumping or fiddling going on I suppose. Was nervous about the u turn cos I hurt my back about ten days ago and couldn't do it last week on pre test because of the pain, but no problem today.

Ya sit it on your own bike? Do they use a ear piece dealio to talk to you?
    Sat mine in Mallow on a good mates spada 250, beautifully manageable bike.

No. School bike,09 Bandit. Neither of my bikes suitable for full A test. Easy bike to ride. Examiner was very fair. Bought a couple of earpieces from China a while back for a couple of euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Congrats to all who passed recently, hard times to be doing something this nerve-wracking!

Passed my test yesterday. Freedom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Congrats

woody84 wrote: »
    Passed my test yesterday. Freedom!!!

Grats!

Advertisement