Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kitchen radiator problem

Options
  • 09-11-2020 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I have a radiator in the kitchen and I noticed recently that there are two black streaks going up the wall from it. I can hear a fan and wonder if that's causing the issue. Anyone have any suggestions as to a solution please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

Black streaks are probably dirt/dust from the convention of the radiators.
    Try dusting between the panels.

The fan is most likely the water flowing through the rads.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Maggie Benson

djr15 wrote: »
    Black streaks are probably dirt/dust from the convention of the radiators.
    Try dusting between the panels.

The fan is most likely the water flowing through the rads.

Thank you. Removed top grill and cleaned out dust down through the radiator of which there was quite a bit. Hopefully, the problem is solved!

Advertisement