Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

That one will be for the Harley riders then :D

Sorry I couldn't resist lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mamax wrote: »
    That one will be for the Harley riders then :D

Sorry I couldn't resist lol

As a Harley rider, I resemble that remark !! :P:P :pac::pac::pac:

Having said that, I know a lot of................bmw riders that could do with one ! :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Any deals on battery trickle chargers at the moment ? Looking to get one before winter months

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kawalski

Delivery not available to Ireland or northern Ireland :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Kawalski wrote: »
    Delivery not available to Ireland or northern Ireland :-(

Address Pal
    Parcel Motel
    Parcel Wizard
    Possibly other ways as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I think this 4L oil and filter for €30 is a good deal. If you can get a mate to go in with ya bringing purchase over €49 it's free delivery. Petronas might not be traditionally a familiar brand with bikers but if it's good enough for Mercedes F1..... the power of advertising eh!

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/petronas-syntium-4sx-10w40-4l-incl-hiflofiltro-oil-filter-3061-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anyone know of some bargains of tyres at the moment?

Looking for a good sport touring tyre. Thinking T30. PR4, maybe Angel GT...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Any deals on battery trickle chargers at the moment ? Looking to get one before winter months

Keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi, should be a tenner when they get them in

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Good idea for a thread. Can we post requests here too?

I'd love to get a table lift for the shed but don't fancy shelling out €500+ for one.

Anyone know of anywhere or any way to get one cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Vikings wrote: »

I'd love to get a table lift for the shed but don't fancy shelling out €500+ for one.

Bally and a paint ball gun!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Vikings wrote: »

Believe it or not, I know someone who converted an old hospital bed for this, bit of grinding and welding involved but all the mechanicals were there.

Bike goes up... bike goes down
    bike goes up... bike goes down

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

bladespin wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I know someone who converted an old hospital bed for this, bit of grinding and welding involved but all the mechanicals were there.

Going to do this myself, the bed I got was an electrical model so I may have to get a separate ram and pump to work it plus fab up a locking device so it can't collapse.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Great find, I have a mate who will love this...

Size M: 200 x 80/50 x 110/70cm
    Size L: 235 x 80/60 x 128/98cm

Extra durable tear and waterproof polyester fabric

Simple fastening with 4 metal eyelets and 2 pull cords with stoppers

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=45474

coverwk39_01_f.jpg

EDIT : Forgot to add its on monday 26th :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Speaking of which, few nice bits coming up here: http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=896

Battery charger, mini compressor, fastening straps, cleaning stuff, etc.

I'm on their mailing list and haven't got that one yet!?!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Tesco in Clarehall.dont know how much of a bargain it really is though?

20160921_151008_zpsd4txypky.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tesco in Clarehall.dont know how much of a bargain it really is though?

20160921_151008_zpsd4txypky.jpg
    Same one is about 15 in halfrauds

• Advertisement

Unless it has a 90 degree bend on the end, that pressure guage isn't going to fit a bike wheel.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

A lot of digital gauges are shocking as well, can't imagine a 4 euro one is any use.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

gerrowadat wrote: »
    A lot of digital gauges are shocking as well, can't imagine a 4 euro one is any use.

Good point.

I bought 4 of the keyring size one's from China on fleabay. 3 had the same readings, 1 didn't. Threw away the (presumably) dodgy one and kept the rest. All came to only a few quid, and I had some peace of mind that it wasn't totally inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Unless the cheap Chinese quality was so bad that you threw out the only good one

Unless the cheap Chinese quality was so bad that you threw out the only good one

Heh, nah they're ok :). I've since double checked with an analogue gauge.

Got the bike cover for a tenner in lidl and the battery charger for 20 cant really go wrong :)

Cover seems abit on the light side but for the price cant complain , pure pissing out tonight il check how it held up in the morning

t0aifwc.jpg

Exhaust wasnt covered because was back from a long spin if wondering ( didnt want cover melted to it )

Aldi Hi-Vis Zipped Sweatshirt

https://www.aldi.ie/men%27s-hi-vis-zipped-sweatshirt/p/072084078429500

Men's-Hi-Vis-Hooded-Sweatshirt-A.jpg?o=FU%405CCQSI%24V8kCd4gCqlHrSIZVQj&V=l%24V4&p=2&q=50

Darker evenings coming in lads 20 quid from Thursday 13th .

Perfect for safety conscious moped skangers :p

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Anyone know when the motorcycle gear is selling in Aldi or Lidl? Seems like ages since the last one. I am looking for thermals specifically. Anywhere else I can get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the motorcycle gear is selling in Aldi or Lidl? Seems like ages since the last one. I am looking for thermals specifically. Anywhere else I can get them?

It's usually March or April so you've missed it for 2016 unfortunately.

Advertisement