Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Diploma in School Leadership PDSL

Options
  • 10-05-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

Hi all - I received an email today to say I‘ve been accepted on this course beginning Aug/ Sep 2019. It‘s 18 months blended learning. Fees are €5000 but the DES pay €3000 of that. Just wondering if anybody has already done it or is doing it now. Two questions:
    1. what kind of time commitment will it need?
    2. is it practical?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elenorrigby

I competed the programme. I had to attend the outreach centre and online sessions each week - there are 12 weeks in each term and I think 4 sessions were online and 8 were in the centre. The session lasts 3 hours from 6-9pm. It was midweek and I found I was tired the next day.
    Each week you have two modules and have readings and videos for each module. They recommend 15 hours per week - I found if it was just readings for the week then the time was 4 or 5 hours plus the 3 hours in college. Each module has various assignments and the weeks with a deadline were much busier.
    Group readings and presentations and essays were required for the modules. It is a theory based programme and not really practical. The practical element comes from networking with the other students and sharing experiences. The lecturers are great for giving advice. It would have been beneficial to fill in forms for posts, practise interview questions, do mock interviews or learn about various systems. While I was completing the programme students secured vice principalships and posts. It is a good foundation.
    Hope this helps!

Advertisement