Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geekbuying Fumbled shipping

Options
  • 14-10-2018 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Ordered a smartbike on Geekbuying on Sept. 11 and was shipped Sept. 12 from China via Railway line with an estimated delivery time of 20-30 days. The total cost was for about 500 euro.

Got a tracking number from them for UPS when the shipment arrives by train in Poland so I can track it the rest of the way from Poland to Ireland.

I was expecting it to arrive in Poland by Monday for Delivery on Friday as it would make the delivery time of 30 days but so far it hasn't even reached poland yet. I read the reviews on the bike and the consensus seems to be about 30 days to get from China to Western Europe by train.

Sent them an email on Wednesday and they said they will look into it but so far still no real answer.

I paid through Paypal so at this point I was wondering if it would be fair to open up a case on Paypal to get my money back? They seemed to have fumbled the shipping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,202 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Travel time from china to london by train is 18 days apparently. Add a couple of days at the china end as the trains dont run every day and the goods need to get the freight terminal. It is entirely possible that the bike is stuck in customs in poland as that is the point of entry to the EU

Advertisement