Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Gaoithe development on Torquay Road Sandyford

Options
  • 21-03-2019 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I am looking forward to buy a house and one of the Development’s in Sandyford (Off Torquay Road) - Dun Gaoithe has caught my interest with 3-bed houses starting at 470k

Does anyone have an idea how the area is? It is somewhat located between Sandyford and Foxrock. Though it is a bit off from the nearest bus and Luas routes - but still will be interested in the general safety and surrounding of the neighborhood. Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Are there two Torquay Roads? Only one I know is Foxrock?

470 for down around there seems exceptionally cheap. Seems unbelievable to me to be honest.

As for safety? Torquay Road is probably one of the wealthiest streets in Ireland. It's more than safe.

You must be asking about somewhere else :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nayaiz

lawred2 wrote: »
    Are there two Torquay Roads? Only one I know is Foxrock?

470 for down around there seems exceptionally cheap. Seems unbelievable to me to be honest.

As for safety? Torquay Road is probably one of the wealthiest streets in Ireland. It's more than safe.

You must be asking about somewhere else :/

Thanks lawred2.

This was what bothered me too when I viewed the area in Google Maps. No bad reviews on the area on boards, seems fantastic location, and still the price is pretty much affordable.

search for Dun Gaoithe and visit their website - they are also searchable now on the maps.

Sorry guys - just compared the location I found in google maps to the one pointed out in the brochure - the location is more towards Sandyford Community Centre - Enniskerry Road rather than Torquay Road

• Registered Users Posts: 27,084 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah, you are between Stepaside and Sandyford...no where near Foxrock.
    Area is fine, I'm renting in Aikens Village which is where Dun Gaoithe is (Aiken owned the whole area)

Where are you commuting to and what mode of transport is going to be your #1 problem to solve.
    Its ~40 mins to drive into Harcourt st at 7:30 but more like an hour to get home in the evening.
    Luas at Sandyford is 5-20 min drive depending on the time you leave at and will take 30 mins to Harcourt.

Alternatively you could walk to Glencairn, I think its about 15 mins walk.

Thanks GreeBo.

That is good info. I could see that Luas stops are not exactly very close. Have you seen the development? The prices are attractive - but now I know it is probably because of the connectivity issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,084 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Nayaiz wrote: »
    Thanks GreeBo.

That is good info. I could see that Luas stops are not exactly very close. Have you seen the development? The prices are attractive - but now I know it is probably because of the connectivity issue.

Its still all fenced off from what I can see as its still in the process of being built, it looks like it will be pretty similar to Belmont Drive, just a slightly different house, so if you wanted to check it out you could do worse than look at the existing houses/roads to get a feel for the place.

Its a little remote, but for the price you do get a lot of house compared to anywhere closer to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Is there a proposal to build Social and Affordable housing near Dun Gaoithe?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭frank730

Planning permission was for 410 houses and apartments, so yes very likely

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

Anybody bought a house in Dun gaoithe ??? Any feedback good or bad.?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

Anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd start a new thread and ask in Dublin County South, put Dun Gaoithe in the title. This forum is about transport.

Advertisement