Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Minecraft server

Options
  • 07-03-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to set up a server for my nephew so himself and a few of his friends can play together and it's not working.
    I've downloaded Minecraft server and installed it ok but when I run it for the first time, where it's supposed to load all the details, nothing appears in the box on the right labeled log. It does create the world folder and the notepad files ok but just won't set up properly.
    Any suggestions on what has gone wrong? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

gears wrote: »
    I've been trying to set up a server for my nephew so himself and a few of his friends can play together and it's not working.
    I've downloaded Minecraft server and installed it ok but when I run it for the first time, where it's supposed to load all the details, nothing appears in the box on the right labeled log. It does create the world folder and the notepad files ok but just won't set up properly.
    Any suggestions on what has gone wrong? Thanks.

I also had to set one up for my kids. I run it and get blank details for the log too but it still works although we only play over the wifi lan, just load up minecraft and go to the multiplayer section and your server should be listed there.

Everytime a player joins it shows up on the server window.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Seems to be a known issue with minecraft_server.exe:

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-40131

The workaround suggested is to use minecraft_server.jar instead. I just tried the exe and saw the same issue as the OP and then tried the jar for the same version - works fine.

Advertisement