Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minecraft

Options
  • 24-11-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

can i get minecraft on ps3 i'm trying to get for my 7 year old or is it on for xbox thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Xbox, Android and Computer only I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

A PS3 with Linux could probably run it too. You'd need an older PS3 which hasn't been updated afaik. Not a PS3 owner, but I believe older PS3s could have linux installed. Not sure about current models.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A PS3 with Linux could probably run it too. You'd need an older PS3 which hasn't been updated afaik. Not a PS3 owner, but I believe older PS3s could have linux installed. Not sure about current models.

Possible with the Phat models alright, but it runs like muck.

I see Minecraft is coming to PS3 in the next week or so.

Does anyone know if I will have to pay for it again as I already have it on PC or can I just log into my account on the PS3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I see Minecraft is coming to PS3 in the next week or so.

Does anyone know if I will have to pay for it again as I already have it on PC or can I just log into my account on the PS3?

If it's anything like the Xbox 360 it's basically a different game, have to buy it separately and you can't import your worlds or anything like that. There's plenty of PC objects not found in the 360 version too. Also the worlds are limited. Benefits are you don't have to know crafting recipes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

Hi guys. I got Minecraft on PS3 for my 10 year old (and myself). Just wondering is it possible to download minecraft maps off the internet and upload them to the PS3 via a usb stick ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

Is this meant for me ?

Advertisement