Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what makes a guy hot?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

AlienGav wrote:
    I'll never understand girls!!! :D

Would u rather a guy have nice eyes, than... say a six-pack? Or... an iron like bum? lol :cool:

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ahsurewhynot

To be honest, and I know its wrong, cocky wins out every time personality-wise. He's got to have the goods to back it up and not be so cocky that he doesn't talk to people, though. And they have to chase you. Tall

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

heh cocky never works for me, I just take the piss out of guys like that and send them on their way :), generally go for the quiet one's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I guess having me on his arm helps :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Cocky - no way - be able to hold an intelligent conversation, be quick-witted. The guys that have stayed in my memory the most were the guys whom it was not obvious at first why they had something but when I found it my heart melted eg when you get beneath a guys skin and find that he has a heart of gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Tall dark and hairy ;) with blue eyes.
    I'd take a confident personality over a gym body any day.
    Style of a person sometimes indicates their personality and most people would like someone who compliments there own personality.
    A man who can dance is severly attractive.
    Someone who is comfortable in their clothes, baggy with beards! Probably cause if I was a fellow thats how I'd dress.
    A guy who spends alot of time on his appearance for me is a huge turn off.

btw ... kissing stubble and getting beard rash is the biggest turn off ... my boyfriend shaved his beard off last week and this week I've been demented by his kisses. Its not even like sandpaper anymore ... its like kissing bristle :( .. our affection is confined to hugs for the next week till it grows! ha ha :rolleyes: .. like I'll get away with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Ideally I like really tall guys minimum 6ft 2", although being short myself I spose that could get slightly ridiculous looking! #
    u think thats bad? lol

Im in a wheelchair (so constantly in sitting position), and my bf is 6'3 !!! lolol, oh the looks we get...an not just for being tall an short lol ;)
    It is so funny to see the looks we get when cuddling or kissing, (we r gay btw )had one old dear come up to me after we were kissing goodbye when shopping seperately in blanch and say, "did the bad man hurt you dear?" i swear iv never laughed so much in my life lolol. :D

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

there's a difference between hot/cute/attractive. is this only me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Well, most of the guys on boards sound pretty decent but why can you never meet guys like that in real life?! Even the ones who you think are great, funny, nice, popular and good looking turn out to be annoying cowards.

Anyway, what i find attractive but which i have yet to find in a guy is,
    tall-this is the main thing, the only major thing, everything else would be nice but he has to be tall.
    a nice smile, good skin, a sense of humour-funny, makes me laugh. intelligent-someone who i could have an actual conversation with. good hair-i don't care what colour or length, it just has to be good hair, though i do have a thing for curly hair. someone who is confident but not up themselves, and someone who doesn't care too much what other people think of them, i found out today that the hot popular guy in my year actually is so obsessed with what everyone will say if he does this or that. He is now not nearly as attractive.

Anyway, many things combine to make a guy attractive, and this is just a tiny bit of the things that are attractive in a possible boyfriend. I find that if someone has a great personality and you really get along then you'll begin to see them as more attractive. And a good rule of thumb, i think someone said it already, if you're embarressed to be seen in public with someone then it's not going to work.

Oh, and two other things that i find attractive is someone who is a good reader (i'm a nerd ok!), and also musicians! Like purplefistmixer said; music + science = sexy

and also musicians!

yeah they're great! if im talking to a guy who ive never talked to before and get on realy well with them, i find im attractd to them. when i get that constant flow conversation.

cute can be personality or appearance. cute gestures or cute features.

hot is appearance. great features, great body, great hair.

• Advertisement

* hot for me is chemistry, that irresistible draw to kiss someone...
    * cute is cudely, boyish, charming
    * attractive is general appearance that can be defined as good looking

yeah chemistry is great. if your with a guy and you kiss for the first time, then pull away. if there's chemistry you always want more! (i do anyway!)

chemistry is electricity in a hand touch, electricity in a kiss, shivers down your spine hearing the voice of the person...if you kiss someone that you have chemistry with it rewrites your brain and makes it harder to make rational decisions...for me a deep husky voice is hot!

that pretty much describes how i feel with my bf. when i feel his presence, (a hug, a kiss) its realy nice. when i kiss him i cant think straight, dont wana think about anything else. i did feel shivers once aswell. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

when i kiss him i cant think straight, dont wana think about anything else.

Yeah that feeling is amazing, I really miss it. For me cute is more something a person I find attractive does e.g. a certain look can be cute

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Things most attractive about boys

Cheekiness
    dark eyelashes
    nice armpits
    appreciation for good music and/or musician
    a little bit of a boldboy
    agreeability

like John Cusack................... but there may be no chemistry there as I don't personally know him ?????

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000131/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Things most attractive about boys

nice armpits

hahah, wtf is this one on?

nice armpits ?
    no whats really hot my bf did it , he made up a laura song oh his guitar just for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Lucky for him that's your name, eh? Think of the trouble if your name was, say, Sarah...

no silly he made it up when he met me :) im an inspiration :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Intelligence is REALLY sexy, like when he knows more than I do about certain things - that is def a turn on for me!
    Also tall is a must, then again, being 5"8..........
    And really nice eyes and a smile which lights up his face (think Heath Ledger) and you have the idea)
    Also quick-witted guys are really hot (i think its the intelligence thing again...) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Eyes, smile, nice bum.........lots of nice things which my boyfriend ticks the box on everyone of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Intelligence
    Musician
    Long hair is quite attractive
    Ears
    Mouth- Must have a nice smile
    Not too concered about body. I don't like guys that are too skinny/lanky, muscles are nice
    Althuogh not essential, I like guys to be taller than me (not that hard, I'm 5''6)
    Laid Back
    Quirky sense of humour
    Not shallow- doesn't have to be very deep and sensitive but I hate shallow people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Brown eyes, short spikey hair, teeny bit of stubble maybe. Tall, but not a weed! :p

oh and MUST know how to dress... otherwise no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ears
    Always a plus. =P

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    no whats really hot my bf did it , he made up a laura song oh his guitar just for me :)

He probably played the Scissor Sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

Well,speaking from experience I would have to say....
    My height - 5,11 at just 15, and growing! :p
    My beutiful dark skin....from the depts of portugal
    My incredibly attractive face
    My short'n tight haircut
    My humour
    My self-centredness
    My extreme disregard for anybodys feelings
    My style...

Thats about it
    That kissing ****e(shivers down spine etc..) sounds like bull**** to moi by the way,or else girls think way too much about it :p

I did not get the shivers down my spine from a kiss until I was 23 - some people never experience it. For me it was with a guy who I would never imagined dating - he was a tall red head, intelligent, stubborn, very arrogant, but he had a heart of gold...looks wise, he did not do it for me, but there was something about his presence. I remember saying that I would need to be very drunk to even consider kissing him, but one day when I got my exam results I knew that there was only one person that I wanted to tell and be with, I kissed him the following week by a lake with a pair of swans in the background. In this case 'hot' was an unavoidable attraction - while it did not last he is still a friend.

Looks wise this guy was average looking - he described himself as a 5-6 but he was the best looking guy that I have ever seen in black jeans, so after dating him he became a 10 in my book - I always find that when you date someone or when you know someone that their looks always become irelivant - they are a 10 because you know them, warts and all. Hot can be described as having a sufficiently different genome but it is a million and one things that you will never know until you take a chance and experience life and people.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

Ladies, you seem to have forgotten the thing that most women find most attractive in a man: high social status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

god your right

Advertisement