Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what makes a guy hot?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

strippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    I hate the scratching off a beard when your kissing though :(

The beard in question is then too short, and stubbly as a result. Beyond a certain length, facial hair becomes soft and semi-fluffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Sarky wrote:
    The beard in question is then too short, and stubbly as a result. Beyond a certain length, facial hair becomes soft and semi-fluffy.
    Yea it was pretty short , I hate the feel of it though .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Beard rash is really bad...used to have to ask my then bf to shave twice a day as his stubble was so bad, blonde is the least scratchy, red is the worst...

If you say so. My own red beard is a source of much attention. You'd be surprised how often complete strangers would come up to me and ask to stroke it, you really would.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    If you say so. My own red beard is a source of much attention. You'd be surprised how often complete strangers would come up to me and ask to stroke it, you really would.
    Can i stroke it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Style,eyes,personality,hair(:rolleyes:)
    i saw like the perfect guy in belvedere the other day,dont ask me what i was doin there,he had all of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Sarky wrote:

That doesnt surprise me at all. Beards, especially red ones, are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd try to pin it down to some physical feature (ie long hair, on the right guy, I for some reason adore, and general skinniness), but I think it's more to do with the general feeling you get off a person. I think I'm more attracted to people who I think are similar in interests and attitude etc. to me, and without actually starting conversations with every random guy on the street I have to judge these things from looks alone.
    So, if someone dresses/looks/behaves in a way that suggests they're not a complete jerk, have a sense of humour and a personality for that matter, aren't an idiot and have interests or any kind of abilites, that I may possibly share, that's gonna make them hot. Along with specific things like if they're good looking, but I can't make some kind of formula saying if the ratio of distance between their eyes is proportionally equal to the distribution of length along the phalanges of their fingers, that makes a good looking guy. (and I just made up that now, most likely if a guy looked like that it'd be very diseased...)

However, in a broader sense of the question, from my own observation, I like rocker guys or nerdy guys. Both is even better. To quote Questionable Content, Music + Science = Sexy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They should call it stubble rash not beard rash. I have to say that as I am a member of the beardy brigade. Down with facial follicle prejudice I say. :)

My girlfriend had never gone out with a beardy before and she was surprised that I didn't give her any beard rash and mine is very short. To be fair alcohol was involved in the early stages in getting to know her, soooooo. The poor woman.

Now she loves beards. She thinks it's all manly and stuff(if you clapped eyes on me your laughter could be heard from space). That said one of her friends reckons I look like a caveman(and she's an anthropologist. oh oh) and now I'm oft greeted with ugh ugh. The longish hair doesn't help. the fact that I'm scrawny luckily mitigates the macho caveman bit. The fact that the girlfriend could easily beat me up mitigates it even further.

One of the great qualities of women is they have a wide spectrum of what they find attractive. Brad Pitt could walk into a bar and at least 20% of the women there would say "ah he's alright.... but"

I have enjoyed my love life living in that 20% :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

PS. PurpleFistMixer, I have to admire anyone who puts the word phalanges into any conversation.

Respect.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

*adele* wrote:
    Style,eyes,personality,hair(:rolleyes:)
    i saw like the perfect guy in belvedere the other day,dont ask me what i was doin there,he had all of the above

i know loadsa guys in belvo! does he have a name?

No idea
    1st or 2nd year methinks
    he might be stalking me ive seen him so much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

its all madness in here maybe we should all go out on a boards night and start a thread entitled "The mingers on here are..........."

Bit pointless. Pretty much everyone I met at a boards bash was almost painfully sexy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

well then i might have to start heading to those nights out.

I may have to show up just to buck the trend.

Pictures will tell truth.,. or untruth...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

However, in a broader sense of the question, from my own observation, I like rocker guys or nerdy guys. Both is even better. To quote Questionable Content, Music + Science = Sexy.

I'd say that applies to about 80% of guys on Boards :)

Why doesn't this thread(and the other one about women) turn into a poll with pictures and then you will see what turns both sexes on?????

• Advertisement

Fobia wrote:
    I'd say that applies to about 80% of guys on Boards :)
    Oh that lucky lucky 80% to have me slavering after them... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ideally I like really tall guys minimum 6ft 2", although being short myself I spose that could get slightly ridiculous looking! Very blue eyes, don't like dark eyes. Broad shouldered rugby type so I can feel all small and protected when he puts his arms round me. Clean shaven is a definite advantage, as is not being too skinny.

Although thats probably a load of bollox cause my ex didn't look much like that, I didn't have eyes for anyone else while I was with him and I'd get back with him in the morning if he asked :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭redsupper

I'd try to pin it down to some physical feature (ie long hair, on the right guy, I for some reason adore, and general skinniness), but I think it's more to do with the general feeling you get off a person. I think I'm more attracted to people who I think are similar in interests and attitude etc. to me, and without actually starting conversations with every random guy on the street I have to judge these things from looks alone.
    So, if someone dresses/looks/behaves in a way that suggests they're not a complete jerk, have a sense of humour and a personality for that matter, aren't an idiot and have interests or any kind of abilites, that I may possibly share, that's gonna make them hot. Along with specific things like if they're good looking, but I can't make some kind of formula saying if the ratio of distance between their eyes is proportionally equal to the distribution of length along the phalanges of their fingers, that makes a good looking guy. (and I just made up that now, most likely if a guy looked like that it'd be very diseased...)

Phalanges - He He

redsupper wrote:
    Phalanges - He He
    I was conducting a survey during the summer to find out if people have hair on their phalange. Do you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭redsupper

Yes a small bit very faint though hard to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

I like tall lanky boys with toned muscles. Tattoos are sexy too. This might sound weird, but I think it's really cute when a guy's teeth are a little bit crooked. Little fangs are adorable for some reason. Am I the only one?

No theyre cute,like almost perfect but like a chipped tooth of something

Sarky wrote:
    Bit pointless. Pretty much everyone I met at a boards bash was almost painfully sexy.
    an you never even met me , wow im impressed :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Ideally I like really tall guys minimum 6ft 2", although being short myself I spose that could get slightly ridiculous looking!
    I get the tall guys thing - my mum is 4ft 11in and my dad is 5ft 8in so I suppose I am just following the preferences of my mum. I am 5ft 2in and my first bf was 6ft 3in - he had to sit down when we were kissing or else get severe neck cramp! In the end it is a combination of factors - looking back at some of the guys that I dated I would never have imagined that I would be attracted to them, some guys just have presence that knocks you off your feet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

hmmm I don't like tall guys:
    For me, no taller than 6ft
    - Like a funky hair doo, or just a neat tight cut
    - Nicely toned but not a muscle mary
    - Naturally hairless chest a plus, but a little if well tended can be good too (dear god don't shave it)
    - I like a little bit of stubble
    - Eyes that just draw you in
    - Nice smile

Personality
    - Easy going but motivated
    - A 'zany' sense of humour
    - Independant
    - Emotionally mature
    - Positive
    - Reliable (can't stand people who cancle at the last minute or turn up late :P)
    - Honest (not only that they tell the truth but they speak their mind)

Advertisement