Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Lidl Gullivers Retail Park

Options
  • 02-04-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

In the retail park just off Junction 4 of the M50
    New store with discount booklets available at the checkout. I would get there as soon as

week 1 mon 2/4 - sun 8/4 33% off all fresh fruit and veg (all customers)
    week 2 mon 9/4 - sun 15/4 33% off all meat, poultry and fish (all customers)
    week 3 mon 16/4 - sun 22/4 33% off fresh bakery (all customers)

after week 3 you need a love lidl fob for the spend €30 freebies week 4-7 water, tea bags, washing tabs

Thereafter use vouchers from the booklet

mon 21/5 - sun 27/5 spend €50 get €10 off
    mon 28/5 - sun 03/6 spend €50 get €10 off
    mon 10/6 - sun 10/6 spend €50 get €10 off
    mon 11/5-sun 17/6 spend €50 get €10 off

Beam me up Scotty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

whats the love lidl fob? Never heard of or seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

xpletiv wrote: »
    whats the love lidl fob? Never heard of or seen it
    It's a small black plastic fob with barcode. You can ask the cashier for one, they are usually included with the coupon booklet but I had to ask.

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

It's a small black plastic fob with barcode. You can ask the cashier for one, they are usually included with the coupon booklet but I had to ask.

where do you get a coupon booklet? ive never seen one before and shop in lidl every week

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

mel123 wrote: »

where do you get a coupon booklet? ive never seen one before and shop in lidl every week
    It's a new store so they're at the checkout for the first week. There were plenty yesterday. People don't always notice them as they look like publicity brochures, these are A4 size non-glossy.

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Not a fob really - it's a keyring reward card similar to the ones from all other retailers.

However Lidl has induced a sh*ttone of unnecessary complexity, since this card only grants you access to the offers of the first 4 weeks in a specific store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just down there now - love lidl cards were only available on opening day - they'll be bargain alerts gold dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

digitaldr wrote: »
    Just down there now - love lidl cards were only available on opening day - they'll be bargain alerts gold dust!

I was there today about 2.30 and the guy on the checkout gave me a fob without me asking. 33% off fruit and veg till 8th is not a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

meolwan wrote: »
    I was there today about 2.30 and the guy on the checkout gave me a fob without me asking. 33% off fruit and veg till 8th is not a bad deal.

Ginger bearded Irish checkout guy told me fobs only available on opening day - maybe he just couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I still have the key fob from when they did this in Terenure. Would it work in this shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

Lidl Gulliver €10 off €50 live now vouchers available at the checkouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

bliger wrote: »
    Lidl Gulliver €10 off €50 live now vouchers available at the checkouts

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Holy crap, Lidl have a rewards thing now???

I spend so much in Lidl that it'd be nice to earn points

Beersmith wrote: »
    What does that mean?

Everything in #1 post

voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Note the Eur50 covers only grocery ie excl alcohol & specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mrcheez wrote: »
    Holy crap, Lidl have a rewards thing now???

Not really, it is temporary just for new stores. When lidl opened in glenageary I got a fob in the door and loads of vouchers. People I knew living in sallynoggin did not get them even though it was far closer. It is like they wanted to entice people from further away.

I used all my 10/50 ones in tesco, and gave others to friends living near lidl who got none.

banchang wrote: »
    Note the Eur50 covers only grocery ie excl alcohol & specials.

No its not, as i got spicy rum and tablet organiser.

bliger wrote: »
    No its not, as i got spicy rum and tablet organiser.

You may have, but people should read the small print T&Cs - covers only grocery & excludes alcohol & specials

...which is hardly surprising from LIDLs point of view as they want people to go in & do their weekly shop, not simply get Eur10 off a Eur50 angle grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

banchang wrote: »
    You may have, but people should read the small print T&Cs - covers only grocery & excludes alcohol & specials
    The T&Cs on the vouchers he photographed do not have any restrictions, unless they are on the back.

I think in glenageary there were restrictions to only buy groceries on the 30euro spends where you got free products -i.e.
    after week 3 you need a love lidl fob for the spend €30 freebies week 4-7 water, tea bags, washing tabs

Yes the T&Cs were in the brochure but are not on the back of the vouchers themselves. It jumped off the page for me as I had intended using in a mixed shopping trolley, but then realised that without alcohol or specials I would really struggle to get to Eur50 on grocery alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement