Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Basic/Staples should I buy for 2015?

Options
  • 22-01-2015 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I'm on Asos.com and want to buy stuff :)
    Thing is, I've no idea where to start!!
    I want to change my look, I generally wear jeans and a long sleeved top (both to work and on the weekends) with either flats or a heeled boot.

What can I do to bring in changes? What should I invest in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

I'm presuming you are female?!
    How about you start layering a bit? Like wear a denim shirt open with the sleeves rolled up, over your long sleeved top, possibly with a scarf also? A nice light knit jumper, maybe in a bold colour, such as orange with a neat collared shirt underneath and a statement necklace? Or there are lovely blazers available at the moment, either a navy & white striped one which you could wear with a white/orange/red/navy top underneath. Start following some fashion bloggers on instagram/facebook for some inspiration, I've been following Ystyle on Facebook for a while, she posted good inspiration photos.
    Happy Shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think you can't go wrong with a nice blazer in either grey or black and a good pair of jeans. Also some nice ankle boots would be good as they go with almost anything and can be dressed up or down. A nice blouse is always good to have and some statement jewellary to go with it like a nice necklace. I think it's always handy to go for skirts and tops with grey or black tights that way you can mix and match your outfits. I like to layer that with a nice chunky cardigan and tie the whole look together with a chunky belt around my waist. If you buy good seperate pieces that you can mix and match with you can't go wrong.

Advertisement