Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy a Calamity Jane style vintage dress

Options
  • 21-01-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

As the title says, I'm looking for a calamity Jane style dress for a musical. It's a maxi style puffy dress with high collar and maybe a few frills. I haven't the luxury of many second hand shops where I am so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

shaca wrote: »
    As the title says, I'm looking for a calamity Jane style dress for a musical. It's a maxi style puffy dress with high collar and maybe a few frills. I haven't the luxury of many second hand shops where I am so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For a musical production of the show or something else?

Nomac in Waterford do costume hires for all theatrical productions: http://www.costumesireland.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

For a musical production of the show or something else?

Nomac in Waterford do costume hires for all theatrical productions: http://www.costumesireland.com/home

Thank you.
    It's for a school musical. I'm in the west of Ireland so Waterford is out of the way. I'll have a look at other costume places but was thinking that I may be able to buy something cheaper. If I got something close I have a friend with basic sewing machine skills who maybe able to add to it.

Thank you.
    It's for a school musical. I'm in the west of Ireland so Waterford is out of the way. I'll have a look at other costume places but was thinking that I may be able to buy something cheaper. If I got something close I have a friend with basic sewing machine skills who maybe able to add to it.
    If it's for a school production then they should be organising costumes as part of the production and technical side.

Nomac may deliver btw. If you want drop me a pm I have musical society friends out west they may have contacts for costumes in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

If it's for a school production then they should be organising costumes as part of the production and technical side.

Nomac may deliver btw. If you want drop me a pm I have musical society friends out west they may have contacts for costumes in the area.

You would think that the school would provide them but they are only doing it for the lead roles I think, everyone else has to get their own. :rolleyes: It's only for a 3 night production so don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks so much for your help.

You would think that the school would provide them but they are only doing it for the lead roles I think, everyone else has to get their own. :rolleyes: It's only for a 3 night production so don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks so much for your help.

This annoys me. A production is not about the lead roles for three nights...it's the months of planning and having a strong sense of the entire production from casting to cleaning up the hall after the run.

Drop me a pm I'll see what I can do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement