Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energiser Batteries Ultra Plus D x24 for £2.81 add on amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Dont buy this. Its not true. Im talking to Amazon right now about it. Its only for 1 pack of batteries. They are going to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Dont buy this. Its not true. Im talking to Amazon right now about it. Its only for 1 pack of batteries. They are going to fix it.

TireeTerror to the rescue again saving the large corporations from the bargain hunters.
    I am not sure. This code was meant for staff use only and somehow it has been leaked. I've contacted Energia to let them know, although its out of office hours, so no doubt no action will be taken until the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

At the same time, how can they be saying the original cost of a pack of 2 is £51.48?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Boxed-product Weight: 1.8 Kg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Clearly a misprice I'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Clearly a misprice I'm guessing.

Is that not a contradiction!

moodrater wrote: »
    TireeTerror to the rescue again saving the large corporations from the bargain hunters.

You have it all wrong. I was saving Boardsies from wasting their money.

I read the review comments and noticed others had complained about not receiving 12 packs, only 1.

I asked Amazon to explain how the RRP could be what it is if its only for 1 pack. They pointed out this is an error and that only 1 pack would be sent out. The savings calculations are automatically calculated based on the RRP.

I accused them of deliberately trying to scam customers and they apologised and said they would fix it.

I was going to order several packs if it was a genuine offer, my Maglite eats D batteries like nobody's business!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

"Mag lite". Is that what they're called now:D

Is that not a contradiction!
    After I posted that I realised it was. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

After I posted that I realised it was. :pac:

You're not Alan Shatter are you? Clearly not I think.

johnwd wrote: »
    You're not Alan Shatter are you? Clearly not I think.
    Ah feck! Ye found me... :o

Amazon have now fixed the ad so nobody else gets ripped off by it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Now gone up to £24
    Still good value.
    2-4 weeks delivery time
    1.8kg boxed weight

They also have a similar offer on C Cells- £20 for 2 * 12 packs, but its out of stock at the moment.

They keep changing it. Now its back to the same scam price stating its 12 packs of 2. However you will notice its no longer an Amazon add-on deal, Amazon distance themselves whenever these things happen.

I bought a 3XCree LED torch and the batteries were clearly fake, I complained and Amazon stopped selling them, but the actual seller was alllowed to continue. The charger melted after the 3rd charge too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Now at £7.34.........
    What the hell are they up to?
    They're only going to cause no end of grief for their customer service staff.........

Advertisement