Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand cream

Options
  • 22-09-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason I've ended up with really dry hands for the first time ever! :eek:

Can anyone recommend a good, non-greasy cheapo hand cream or any cream which will stop the madness!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistyd

my aunt gave me a gorgeous coconut one she got from dunnes, smells lovely and it lingers.. best i have ever tried is an avon hand cream tub with paraffin oil in it, i must look for another one it was lovely..

if its emergency dryness 'you want to work on it tonight' then load on the vaseline before bed and put your hands into pair ankle socks, does the trick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

K Y Jelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Avon's Skin So Soft Age-Defying hand cream is amazing I always carry it around in my handbag the whole time. There always doing deals in the Avon where you would get a couple of things for less than the average price. I got the hand cream for 2 euro because my sister is a representative ;) Out of all the hand creams I've used it's the best.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I've started using Neutrogena hand cream and it's really, really good. Ok, it's not the cheapest, but because you only have to use a tiny amount each time you use it, it lasts for ages - no exaggeration.

Even though it has glycerine in it, and intially appears like it's going to be greasy, it drys really quickly - I usually apply it when working, and in less than 30 seconds I can start typing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

I get very dry hands in the winter so I've tried loads of them.
    I always come back to vaseline intensive care nail and hand cream.
    It's not greasy at all, smells lovely and you get the added bonus of stronger nails....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Lidl do a really good one for about ~€2. It's in a cream bottle, I can't remember the exact name but I'll check later.

Edit: Iseree is the brand, it also has SPF which is nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Freelancebeauty

I second the Neutrogena - it's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I use aqueous cream for eczema on my fingers but it's an excellent moisturiser for the rest of my hands also. A giant tub is about €4. Slather it on at night before you go to sleep and it makes a huge difference. Great for cracked heels also, and spots like elbows and knees that go dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

The soap and glory hand food is pretty good. The best I've used is Eve Lom... but I got it in a set as a present and I'd say it costs one million euro (approx).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Omg, Soap and Glory hand food!!!!! I swear by it. I carry those tiny tubes in my handbags, have one in work, and have a big huge one at home. I <3 it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Elizabeth Arden 8 hours hand cream is the best I have ever used. It is expensive though.

I have used the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula and found it great. Although when you put it on it feels greasy/heavy for a minute until it is dried in properly, thankfully it doesn't take long for it to dry in.

I have also used the Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream and found it brilliant.

I am currently using the Vaseline Healthy & Hand & Nail and find it good.

As I said, the Elizabeth Arden is the best I've ever used, but out of the cheaper ones I mentioned, I would go with Aveeno.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I have used the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula and found it great. Although when you put it on it feels greasy/heavy for a minute until it is dried in properly, thankfully it doesn't take long for it to dry in.

I love the neutrogena, its very good and its savage for your nails as well :D

Advertisement