Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry Skin

• 20-09-2010 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Right never thought I'd actually end up posting in here (guy in college, don't care too much about appearance really), but over the last few weeks my skin has got dry as hell! Loads of skin in my eyebrows, and the skin on one of my cheeks keeps drying up and has gone all red, it's starting to spread too. Anyone able to recommend anything?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

You might be better off going to see your doc, could be a skin condition since it's only starting to bother you now. Or could be an allergy maybe? Can't hurt to ask :)

I have crazy dry skin too, I use aquaous cream and a muslin cloth. They're really cheap and help scrub off the dry skin without being really harsh on the skin. Just put the cream on your face and (gently) scrub it off with a warm, wet cloth. I do that every few days and it's the only time water goes near my face cos water makes it worse. I use a cold cream cleanser and cotton wool pads to wash my face on the days I don't use the cloth method. Not very manly though :pac:

I have eczema on my lips too and they're all flakey and rotten but my doctor gave me some steroid cream and it stopped it flaking, that might help too. I'm not sure if you need a prescription for it.

Hope some of that helped :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 yummers

first of all you need to exfoliate your face to get rid of the dry skin, then you need to moisture to stop it coming back.

If you go into boots you can get exfoliator in the mens section, the oxy one is good and for a moisturing Id try e45 or silcocks base as it it wont irrate your skin and is really moisturising. You could even try something like nivea for men but make sure its for sensitive skin.

Give it a few days and if it doens't help then try a hydrocortosine cream. You can buy one over the counter in a chemist, its called cortopin (i think thats how you spell it but thats the gist of it). I use it cause I get red dry flakey skin around my lips, the doctor gave it to me on perscription at first but then i found the one you can buy over the counter so its alot cheaper than going to the docs. What I do is exfoliate to get rid of the flakeness then put a little bit of cream on and put vaseline over it.

Bear in mind though that worked for me, you may be better off just going to the doctor (if your in college, it should be free) and getting it sorted instead of wasting your money on products that mighr not fully clear it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I bet you will get loads of advice here. I use Trilogy Everything Balm. It is fantastic,only made with natural ingredients and is very moisturising. Worth trying for lots of ailments or just everyday use. Find it in Nourish Health Shop in Dublin or google it. I promise it works!I think I should get commission as I tell so many people about their products. They have a mens range now too but I think the Everything Balm is the one essential product every person should have.Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

yummers wrote: »
    What I do is exfoliate to get rid of the flakeness then put a little bit of cream on and put vaseline over it.

I have uber dry skin that can get those red patches too on my face. If you've changed face wash stop using it!!! I also like Vaseline for helping the dry patches, do it at night time and fingers crossed it'll clear up!

I have eczema on my lips too and they're all flakey and rotten but my doctor gave me some steroid cream and it stopped it flaking, that might help too.

What's the name of the cream/condition, I have the worst lips, always flakey, no amount of lipbalm works???

• Advertisement

My doctor said I had eczema. He gave me a prescription for hydrocortisone cream. I think it's the same as the one mentioned above. It started to work straight away but if I don't use it at least every few days my lips go crazy again. Try the over the counter version maybe, it might work wonders :)

He gave me a prescription for hydrocortisone cream.
    Ha, I actually have that stuff in my medicine cabinet, if it's still in date I might give it a go!! Thanks!!

Romalda wrote: »
    Don't use Vaseline.. it just sits on your skin and blocks the pores.. Get something that allows your skin to breathe.

Ye I guess, but when your skin is that bad you don't really care about clogging pores? What do you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 yummers

I just put vaseline over the hydrocortosone cream nowhere else on my face thats ick. Dont know why it helps the doc just told me to do it and i do. :D

The vaseline doesn't add moisture but it seals in the moisture that's already there. It probably makes the cream stay on longer :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement