Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween costumes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tamtam

hiya!:D
    i am trying to find a leather top,cat ears,tail and whip to be catwoman for my hallaween ball.
    would anyone know wher i could get this?preferbly in dublin city centre and at a reasonable cost?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Claire's accessories have cat ear sets which consist of black and silver ears, black tail and a bow for around your neck. Think it was about 10e I can't remember what I paid. You could also try the party shop on stephens green. Looking for a whip myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Do I want to ask what you dressed up as?
    Yes.Yes you do...

.....as do i

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mandz wrote: »
    Claire's accessories have cat ear sets which consist of black and silver ears, black tail and a bow for around your neck. Think it was about 10e I can't remember what I paid. You could also try the party shop on stephens green. Looking for a whip myself...
    Depending on the whip type itd either be hen-night/filthy shops :pac:, equestrian shops or..........indiana jones shops :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Claires Accessories do whips too in their Hen Party accessories section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Cool thanks.
    mandz wrote: »
    I ordered a pair of cat eye contacts from this site... reasonably priced too I think http://www.eyesbright.com/

This site are quick at shipping I ordered them last thursday night and they arrived on Tuesday :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

I need a tight black boob tube, got my costume yesterday but it's too low cut for me. I need it tight because the costume is tight fitting.

Penneys don't seem to have them, I guess it isn't the season.

Open to any alternatives, although I should say the costume is halter neck so don't want anything with a very visable back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

anyone know where i can get a batman t shirt? .....or anything batman related? i havnt started putting my costume together yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Do I want to ask what you dressed up as?

Went as white trailer trash/stripper!!altho most thought i was doing glamour model like jordan or jodie marsh!had a cool fake fur coat aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

anyone know where i can get a batman t shirt? .....or anything batman related? i havnt started putting my costume together yet

Depends if youre a guy or a girl, but theres a comic book store (forbidden planet I think its called) just on the quays, say turn left at oconnel bridge, and go towards hapenny bridge if youre coming from the southside, theyll have stuff.

And to the person that wanted a smoking jacket, theres a shop in georges street arcade that does silky kimonos and dressing gowns, they might have one that has a suitable pattern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Need a pirate hat (for a girl obviously :pac: ) and what other accessories? i have a skull eye patch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I want to go as Alice (in wonderland). Dunno where I can get a blue dress from though. Anyone seen any around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Im going to go as...

Towelie from South Park or Ghostie from the DeadMau5 video for Ghosts n Stuff.

So I need a big paleish purpley blue towel. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

blahhh wrote: »
    I need a tight black boob tube, got my costume yesterday but it's too low cut for me. I need it tight because the costume is tight fitting.

Penneys don't seem to have them, I guess it isn't the season.

Open to any alternatives, although I should say the costume is halter neck so don't want anything with a very visable back.

Did you try pennys? You might get something tight in the underware section either.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I want to go as Alice (in wonderland). Dunno where I can get a blue dress from though. Anyone seen any around?

Loads of joke shops have alice costumes

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Jemmy wrote: »
    Did you try pennys? You might get something tight in the underware section either.

Ya, I had a look in there today but no joy :(

I bought a string top, think I'll cut the straps and tie it in a halter..see how that works

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rebecca9

hi ppl, i really wana be an army girl for halloween but can't find these anywhere, (and i'm going crazy trying to find camouflage dresses and/or skirts!) and ideas? thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

i got the bo selecta Michael Jackson costume , its the actual one that he uses , well made from the same company and its class , got the mask , wig , glasses , head band , and silver glittery glove for €70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

hey guys hopefully someone can help.....
    looking for a red and white striped tshirt for a ''where's wally'' costume - preferable a mens/baggy one so can be used for pj's after halloween

oh also some cheap black framed specs with clear lenses, i think american apparel do them but i'm broke so doing it on a budget!!

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

becah wrote: »
    oh also some cheap black framed specs with clear lenses, i think american apparel do them but i'm broke so doing it on a budget!!
    Saw set in 2 euro store in the kid's toy section, fake glasses with big fake nose and eyebrows stuck on them, but they should be easy enough to take off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

brilliant, thanks a million, never thought of that, where was the shop can i ask, was it in dublin by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

becah wrote: »
    brilliant, thanks a million, never thought of that, where was the shop can i ask, was it in dublin by any chance?
    No, somewhere in Cork, spent half the day trekking around getting hallowe'en stuff for about 10 people, think it was the generic 2E store you see in most cities though. Joke shops should have them too, thought probably little more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

anyone know any good flattering costume ideas for a plus size lady?
    just found out my ex is going to the same halloween party as me and i want to look my best!

also, if anyones interested i have a wine/red medieval costume to fit size 22-24 if anyone interested pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

rebecca9 wrote: »
    hi ppl, i really wana be an army girl for halloween but can't find these anywhere, (and i'm going crazy trying to find camouflage dresses and/or skirts!) and ideas? thx

Check army surplus shops for the dogs tags/ bullets. If you're in Dublin look on Capel St. They also have them in Temple Bar in the hippie shops :)

Ann Summers had slutty army girl costumes last year. Might still have some.

Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

anyone know any good flattering costume ideas for a plus size lady?
    just found out my ex is going to the same halloween party as me and i want to look my best!

also, if anyones interested i have a wine/red medieval costume to fit size 22-24 if anyone interested pm me!

Here ya go lovely!! Tons of fab sexy costume ideas here to make him drool! :D

http://ow.ly/rYph

http://www.anytimecostumes.com/costumes/pssexy.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

www.ebay.co.uk

All over it. Search for 'clear glasses', 'indie glasses' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rebecca9

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Check army surplus shops for the dogs tags/ bullets. If you're in Dublin look on Capel St. They also have them in Temple Bar in the hippie shops :)

Ann Summers had slutty army girl costumes last year. Might still have some.

Good luck!:)

Great thanx, will try them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Found this is anyone is looking for cuts and blood etc...
    Really easy to do it seems.. kinda want to give it a shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJKDRPdPYI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 willypoo

Hey!im dressin up as super mario an was wonderin does anyone kno where id get a red baseball hat or sumthin similar??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Im thinking of going as a Runaway Bride (get to wear nice comfy runners) but dont know what to do about the wedding dress. Would I get one on the cheap in a Charity Shop (like €30-40)? or am I kidding myself?

I have dressed up as Pippi Longstocking before

and a spider!

I still have the leg appendages if anyone wants to borrow them for a last minute idea (im in Limerick) :pac:

Advertisement