Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween costumes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

MissFitz wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get some elbow-length green gloves, or even white ones that I could dye? Thanks ;)

Clerys do long gloves (if you're looking for fancy evening glove type gloves and are in Dublin). I can't remember the name of the brand they stock but they're proper evening gloves and can be a bit on the spensive side.

For some reason I have it in my head that I've seen long white gloves in claires accessories as part of all their hen party stuff. You might have to rip some pink fur off the top of them though!

Harlequin Vintage on Castle Market St in Dublin had long evening gloves in their window when I walked by a couple of weeks back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

hotpants? anyone? cheapish? small sizes?

I need it to keep my modesty! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 corkfein

im lookin for dumb and dumber costumes.cant find good 1 anywhere:mad:
    if any1 nos where to buy or rent em share the wealth please.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

im looking for white leotard, white leggins, (or even tights) an white/pink tutu?

Tutu's are/were €20 on a Stall in George's street arcade.

And for anyone who's looking for a leotard http://www.dancedirect.com/uk/Category/Ballet/
    They're a good price, think mine took 3 days to arrive last time I ordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Sorry beaushalloe, just realised you're in Kilkenny.

I think I want to be either a lady bird or a bumble bee, I'm thinking black tutu, black over the knee socks and then either a red or yellow top (maybe a boob tube?) and I'll put the spots/strips on depending.

Or if anyone seeing black and yellow stripy socks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

im looking for white leotard, white leggins, (or even tights) an white/pink tutu?

Penney's do white leggings! Saw a variety of colours in there the other day, for 4 euro!
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    hotpants? anyone? cheapish? small sizes?

I need it to keep my modesty! :p

Jane Norman! I got a pair in there before. Think they were about 30 euro ... but sizes start from a 6, if you're talking small-small?

Jane Norman! I got a pair in there before. Think they were about 30 euro ... but sizes start from a 6, if you're talking small-small?

Ah lovely! Nah I'm an 8 so they should have some, hopefully. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

last year i went as this: demon housewife, or something to that effect
    4011581567_d8d14c62fd.jpg

and i have also been zombie sailor in the past:
    4011581617_3118393989.jpg

am going to "ultimate evil" theme night this year and can't fully decide what to go as, am thinking post murder myra hindley (blonde wig, 60's clothes, bit of blood sprayed on my person, muc on my knees) or perhaps a nazi style pin-up.. would rather something a bit bloody though. any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great ideas tfak85!

Still thinking about the tippi hedren costume with lots of fake blood. the party Im going to is film and tv stars so want something good. Anyone?

interesting ideas here:
    www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com
    Website is horrible but there are some funny ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

BDR wrote: »
    I think I want to be either a lady bird or a bumble bee, I'm thinking black tutu, black over the knee socks and then either a red or yellow top (maybe a boob tube?) and I'll put the spots/strips on depending.

Or if anyone seeing black and yellow stripy socks?

I was a bumblebee a few years ago, I wore mostly black and just wrapped yellow electrical tape around my tights and skirt and top! Looked great and you'll get the tape anywhere dead cheap. :)

Ooh, yeah! They should! Mine are that size, so they definitely have them :)

I'm going on the hunt for my costume on Friday or Saturday! Very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Ugh i want to be Alice from the video game thing about Alice in Wonderland. I cant find the dress anywhere! Theres only slutty satin dresses, and I want to do this properly like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Right ive slight dilemma.I cant wear proper shoes with my costume and the material around my feet is slippy as fcuk. Inside the costume is grand(some flat shoes.Theyre girls but nobody will see them anyway :pac:).
    Anyone got any ideas for grip on the outside though?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Hmm, I thought and tried to locate bits for a home made and not as short or booby this:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/QuestionGuy2/She-Ra-Costume.jpg but will prob end up going as a real life this:http://www.hitchcockwiki.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/doll.jpg

From Hitchcock's movie 'The Birds'. Don't have much time or money for a great costume. Two years ago i went as Where's Wanda (Wally's girlfriend) and last year i just stuck on a wig so gotta make some effort this year!

How did you do that! I'm thinking of that but can't find the right wig, dress or birds! Help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Anyone know where I could find the materials to make a tampon/pad costume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I am going to a Simpsons party - everyone has to go as a character from the Simpsons. Have no idea who to dress as - was thinking about Maggie but couldn't find a blue onesie and I think someone else is going as Maggie already anyway.
    Am hoping to get some divine inspiration in the next week!

cAr0l wrote: »
    I am going to a Simpsons party - everyone has to go as a character from the Simpsons. Have no idea who to dress as - was thinking about Maggie but couldn't find a blue onesie and I think someone else is going as Maggie already anyway.
    Sideshow mel's wife Barbara
    Just to be different
    Barbara_Van_Horne.jpg

How did you do that! I'm thinking of that but can't find the right wig, dress or birds! Help

Well I havent been able to find a three piece lime green suit yet!! But I'll be checking the second hand shops at the weekend, or even a green dress that i can rip up a bit. I have seen some homemade costumes online where girls just wear a green dress.

For some reason I always recall her wearing a beige mac in one pic but I don't think she does but if i can't find the suit I'll wear a mac.

High heeled black shoes (check!), a blonde wig (which I haven't got either but i guess one of those blonde bobs can be messed up a bit with some pins) and buying those fake christmas robins from Woodies and spraying them black :) Lots of fake blood too and a bitta lippy! Tee hee..oh and a old fashioned handbag!!

She's one of the classiest ladies to be attacked by horrible birds and still manage her high heels!

I hope I find a decent outfit tho, will have a peek in the second hand stores tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Good luck with it !! I found birds today. Haven't seen any suitable dresses.. It's not easy! I'm useless... Have one or two other ideas too just in case.. Did she have a cage with 2 lovebirds at any stage of the movie? I can't remember..

Good luck with it !! I found birds today. Haven't seen any suitable dresses.. It's not easy! I'm useless... Have one or two other ideas too just in case.. Did she have a cage with 2 lovebirds at any stage of the movie? I can't remember..

YES!! Good thinking! it has been a while since i watched this movie as I'm terrified of birds, so it is kinds ironic for me to dress up as her..I see it isn't a beige mac but a shaggy brown coat...hmmm might be a bit hot I think! Good luck and keep me posted with how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Right ive slight dilemma.I cant wear proper shoes with my costume and the material around my feet is slippy as fcuk. Inside the costume is grand(some flat shoes.Theyre girls but nobody will see them anyway :pac:).
    Anyone got any ideas for grip on the outside though?
    Stick strips on ductape overlapping each other on the soles? I used this when dancing in a show like 1000 years ago and it worked then.

taram wrote: »
    Stick strips on ductape overlapping each other on the soles? I used this when dancing in a show like 1000 years ago and it worked then.
    Thats just a single surface though.Mines gotta stand the streets n all.Not a bad idea though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I love halloween, favourite time of the year, but I never have the money or time or artistic ability to make a cool costume.

I bought a ****ty bumble bee one and now this thread has made me a very sad lady

I love halloween, favourite time of the year, but I never have the money or time or artistic ability to make a cool costume.

I bought a ****ty bumble bee one and now this thread has made me a very sad lady

You can always get creative with your facepaint :)

Ooh, yeah! They should! Mine are that size, so they definitely have them :)

I'm going on the hunt for my costume on Friday or Saturday! Very excited!

Deadly.. next question.. where is Jane Norman? :o

Yep my costume's almost sorted too. Love Halloween, one of my fave times of the year! <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Anyone know where I could find the materials to make a tampon/pad costume?

shouldn't be too hard, go to hickeys, trimmings or some sort of similar shop and buy a couple of metres of wadding, it's about 3foot tall and 1.5 inches thick, you should be able to fashion something good out of it..for either costume really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

cAr0l wrote: »

This might help you with Maggie, if you still want to be her.... They might do womens or smaller sizes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Deadly.. next question.. where is Jane Norman? :o

Yep my costume's almost sorted too. Love Halloween, one of my fave times of the year! <3
    think there's one in dundrum lolly. although i could be imagining things like i always do.

to the person going to the simpsons party, it's got to be gil, you have to go as gil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Proto

I want to dress up as Super Mario but don't know where to get blue suspenders. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

Ok I'm another of the catwoman brigade, I wanted to do a nerd but my sister thinks this will annoy her too much. So she told me to be catwoman.
    I was thinking along the lines of getting a one-piece catsuit - however I can't find any suitable (really tight material) or small enough.
    Any catwomen going down the lines of a one-piece as opposed to top and bottoms?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

The most ideal women's cat costumes consist of a long, black polyester jumpsuit complete with elbow-length gloves and high-heeled black shoes. The color black gives the illusion of height, long legs, and slimness. It also appears solid and strong for just the right impact on your audience. The material polyester hugs those curves and fits nicely to create that smooth, agile look. The overall look could also be modified by using a black tight-fitting topper of low neckline with black hip-hugging pants or a one-piece velour jumpsuit with pants which flare towards the bottom or are trimmed with beads and ornaments at the edges for a more glamorous Cat Woman appeal.

OK Brendan Courtney:P:pac:

I'm needing a cheap pair of these for a guy:

GOQUICKWHI1l.jpg

It's for a Halloween costume. Don't suppose anybody has noticed anywhere either selling these or selling them off cheap as it's October?? No point in buying decent ones as they won't be worn again. Any heads up greatly appreciated:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

*adele* wrote: »
    Ugh i want to be Alice from the video game thing about Alice in Wonderland. I cant find the dress anywhere! Theres only slutty satin dresses, and I want to do this properly like!

Hey, not sure this will be much help but its the costume I'm considering and its not the typical slutty alice one!

http://www.partyandjokes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_55&products_id=1631

An undead evil bumblebee... dont think it could work. I think Ill just call this year a write off and then get seriously prepping for next year. Ive always wanted to make my own harley quinn costume (ive a bit of an obsession). All the ones you can buy are awful

It's for a Halloween costume. Don't suppose anybody has noticed anywhere either selling these or selling them off cheap as it's October?? No point in buying decent ones as they won't be worn again. Any heads up greatly appreciated:)

Penneys do stuff like that. Possibly dunnes too.

Proto wrote: »
    I want to dress up as Super Mario but don't know where to get blue suspenders. Any ideas?

Claires accessories, or ad hoc in georges st arcade. Other than that, just sew blue elasctic onto your trousers.

Go into any of the cheapy shops. No name or catch around Henry St. They always do hot pants for next to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Hey, not sure this will be much help but its the costume I'm considering and its not the typical slutty alice one!

http://www.partyandjokes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_55&products_id=1631

Thats brilliant actually, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Hi all,

for my costume I need to get one of those mens nightshirts - kind of like wee willie winkle or scrooge, you know the type?
    Basically a knee length man-nightie. With optional night-hat!!
    ANY idea where might sell these?

GOQUICKWHI1l.jpg

Penneys are selling them in both white and black for about €5 at the moment.
    Go into any of the cheapy shops. No name or catch around Henry St. They always do hot pants for next to nothing
    Thanks for the post, I tried all of those shops on Henry St. They had some but were all sizes 12 - 18 so they seemed to be all outta my size :(

• Advertisement

Ive given up on the bumble bee i think. Im going to go for an evil porcelain doll...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I ordered a pair of cat eye contacts from this site... reasonably priced too I think http://www.eyesbright.com/

I'm still trying to put my outfit together... where would i find an all in one jumpsuit thingy? Currently thinking on wet look leggings if I can get some and a satin corset top. Bought fake whiskers in party shop on stephens green but not sure if I'll use them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

mandz wrote: »
    I ordered a pair of cat eye contacts
    What sort you get? I can't decide. Or else I was thinking of getting really blue ones without the cat-eye pupil.
    mandz wrote: »
    where would i find an all in one jumpsuit thingy?
    I have no idea, but I intend on finding out. I already posted that question here but no one answered. If I find something I will let you know fo shizza.
    Beware of ordering stuff from the UK at the moment by the way - with the postal strike they mightened arrive in time.

loloray wrote: »
    Beware of ordering stuff from the UK at the moment by the way - with the postal strike they mightened arrive in time.

I ordered body paint last sunday from the UK and it was delivered yesterday. Other bits I've ordered in the last 2 weeks don't seem to have been affected either. Still something to keep in mind I guess; order early just to be safe I guess:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

loloray wrote: »
    What sort you get? I can't decide. Or else I was thinking of getting really blue ones without the cat-eye pupil.I have no idea, but I intend on finding out. I already posted that question here but no one answered. If I find something I will let you know fo shizza.

I ordered the yellow ones last night. Just got an email to say they had been shipped today so hopefully I'll have them next week.:D

Think I'm just gonna go with the wet look leggings and satin corset-type top I originally planned. Jumpsuit may not be that flattering on my not so perfect figure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I have no idea, I have never dressed up before.. What should I go as(Guy here)

• Advertisement

Frankenstein is an easy one for lads...depends how creative you want to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just ordered my costume there. Hopefully all goes well and I get it in time to bloody it up! :D

Edit: I think I should make it a rule that if you post in this thread about your costume, you have to put a pic up later! ;)

I is sorted costume wise \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a black top hat?? :D I'm also looking for an underbust corset in black if anyone knows where I could pick one up (besides ebay!!) I'm in Cork!:)
    At the moment I'm being a ventrilaquist dummy or else a gothic rag doll!! i always change my mind so many times I end up with bits and pieces of a few different costumes and I know it's going to happen again this year!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Any ideas for a good costume for a 24 yr old? I'm a size 16/18 lady though so most of the slutty costumes wouldn't work. I'm not very creative am afraid and it's myf irst time dressing up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement