Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Leggings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'd have to disagree with you there eth0_, the missus is a 12 and looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

eth0_ wrote: »
    I think if you're over a size 8-10 don't even bother.

Depends on your shape though. I'm a size 8 and I don't think I could pull them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah I guess you're right, some size 12's have slim legs but big hips..I suppose if you have slim legs and wore them with a long tunic or shirt it would look fine.

But they are totally unforgiving those liquid leggings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Id imagine you would also need to be quite tall???? Im a 30 inch inside leg and a size 10. Dont think its going to happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

They look uber sexy, wish the GF would get a pair, but she wouldn't :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

eth0_ wrote: »
    I think if you're over a size 8-10 don't even bother.
    I'd have to disagree with you there eth0_, the missus is a 12 and looks fantastic.
    Acacia wrote: »
    Depends on your shape though. I'm a size 8 and I don't think I could pull them off.
    sillymoo wrote: »
    Id imagine you would also need to be quite tall???? Im a 30 inch inside leg and a size 10. Dont think its going to happen :(

All valid points. It basically boils down to the fact that sizes are ambiguous, you can be a very slim and toned size 14 or a chubby size 10, all dependent on height really. For example, at my ideal weight and size I'm a 6, at the moment I'm working hard to get back down there, but even at my "biggest" I only take a size 10 max. Simply because I'm 5 foot and very petite underneath it all. Doesn't mean I look good at the moment at all though!! :(

So as for the liquid leggings.....I'm kind of on the fence about them at the moment. Not sure if they look amazing or dreadfully tacky. Definitely for the gazelle-limbed, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 allabouteve58

I just bought mine on ebay for 14 euro including postage so have a look there. They have a huge range of them.... lets just hope now that they fit!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

nouggatti wrote: »
    Yeah was yesterday MH, they had a fair few pairs in the New Look in Newbridge, and the longest leggings I was able to find :)

I got the New Look ones today... WAY nicer than the Vero Moda ones....guess what I'll be meeting him off the plane in;):cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got the New Look ones today... WAY nicer than the Vero Moda ones....guess what I'll be meeting him off the plane in;):cool:

Yeah, I got a pair today, really nice, am glad I went to the bother of looking around a few shops before I got them :)

nouggatti wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a pair today, really nice, am glad I went to the bother of looking around a few shops before I got them :)

Tried mine on again last night. deffo the nicest ones out there, I know they're slightly more expensive(only a few yoyos!) but they really look the business!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

awh i really want them but id need them in a 29"/30" leg.. does anyone know where would stock them for people who are a not the average leg ?

GSpoon wrote: »
    awh i really want them but id need them in a 29"/30" leg.. does anyone know where would stock them for people who are a not the average leg ?

Well a few posts here said the A-wear ones were short, so they might suit you a bit better?? I didn't find the vero moda ones very long either, but I'm a 34'' inside leg:rolleyes:

Go have a look at the A wear ones, I'm sure you could even take them up easily enough, they're all very narrow at the ankle anyway!!

Well a few posts here said the A-wear ones were short, so they might suit you a bit better?? I didn't find the vero moda ones very long either, but I'm a 34'' inside leg:rolleyes:

Go have a look at the A wear ones, I'm sure you could even take them up easily enough, they're all very narrow at the ankle anyway!!

Cheers, gona check out awear today!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Got a pair in Jane Norman in Dundrum today, nice length, shiny, pretty thick (so won't end up sagging hopefully) and best of all, they were having a 20% off promotion, so they only cost 16 euro! Just need somewhere to wear them now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Got a pair for fifteen euro today in Bershka.

Am a size twelve with large enough thighs, so thought I'd never get away with them, but I tried them on and loved them. Give them a go if you like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

What do you wear with these liquid leggings? Flats or boots or what?? I really must get me a pair!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

tinkerbell wrote: »
    What do you wear with these liquid leggings? Flats or boots or what?? I really must get me a pair!

Long top down to just above mid thigh, belt around hips, and knee high high heeled boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

Anybody got pics of their outfits with the leggings, would love to see how others are wearing them.

wattsusieq wrote: »
    Anybody got pics of their outfits with the leggings, would love to see how others are wearing them.

I don't think you're going to get too many of the ladies posting pictures of themselves, hence google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Have to say, you really have to have the calves to pull them off... Saw a girl at off the rails wearing a pair... She was at least a size 14, short and with VERY large legs. Liquid leggings just aren't made for that type of figure. I'm a 6-8 but my legs lack tone and are a bit flabby so even I wouldn't go near them! :o They're really only good if your legs are naturally slim and nicely shaped - even in bigger sizes once the proportions remain the same but they certainly aren't made for the typical dumpy irish stature!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Got a pair in Awear at the weekend. Perfect length for me as I'm only five ft four. I normally take a size 6-8 but got the 10 as they are still tight fitted. I don't care if I'm too small for them, I don't run and Yoga my ass off 4 times a week to hide my pins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Seeing more and more out there.

Be careful what you wear them with, it's very easy to look skanky/hookerish, rather than just hot.

As evidenced by the two girls going into Q-Bar last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'd say if you got a boner in them it'd be fairly uncomfortable.

Tragedy wrote: »
    Be careful what you wear them with, it's very easy to look skanky/hookerish, rather than just hot.

Some of us like the skanky/hookerish look. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

AARRRGH wrote: »

I'm glad for you?

AARRRGH wrote: »

Ehhh it's kinda difficult for the ladies to get a boner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ok, so I'm a 10-12 and pear shaped and I decided to try these on for a laugh. They look absolutely awful if you have a figure like mine and I can only imagine they look worse again on a bigger girl. If your legs are in any way big, they highlight this. Curvy girls beware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Ehhh it's kinda difficult for the ladies to get a boner.

I know, it was a joke...

Anybody got the tights version of these?

Whats better?

tights version?? hmmm where can u get them?...

• Advertisement

Arnotts & Clearys

havent got them yet.

Advertisement