Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

orange faces

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

You don't look at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I didn't see anything too bad with any of those photos...
    But there's nothing I hate more than fake tan.
    Nothing. ...or very little at least...

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Victor wrote:
    OMG! It's true what they say about Dublin girls and the orange faces. :eek:

Where does it say she's from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

HAH! She reminds me of a group of girls that were in a bar I worked in last December... Like the Oompa-Loompa Christmas party...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

A girl I knew used to work for them. She had orange hair though, so she didn't go in for the whole orange face thing thank God!

My little sister decided to put some fake tan on her face last night, just to see what it would look like. It didn't work out too well, and today she is refusing to leave the house due to extreme orangeness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Twould be funny to make orange face warning stickers and stick them discreetly on the coat/bag of oompa-loompas in pubs and so on. Most of them don't seem to realise how bad they look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

simu wrote:
    Twould be funny to make orange face warning stickers and stick them discreetly on the coat/bag of oompa-loompas in pubs and so on. Most of them don't seem to realise how bad they look.
    Genius! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It may be the lighting (please be the lighting), but the black girl looks like she's wearing it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

simu wrote:
    Most of them don't seem to realise how bad they look.

Eye of the beholder ring any bells?

I know exactly what you mean, but they think that they look good. Now, while I don't necessarily agree with them, I wouldn't be so mean as to their bubble by going out of my way to being horrifically mean to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Why? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

vibrant wrote:
    Eye of the beholder ring any bells?

I know exactly what you mean, but they think that they look good. Now, while I don't necessarily agree with them, I wouldn't be so mean as to their bubble by going out of my way to being horrifically mean to them.

But you're doing them a favour in the long term. Also, a sticker would be very discreet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

simu wrote:

Aw, that would be a COOL idea! I'd love to go around sticking a few of those on people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Hmmmmmm but in the interest of fairness you would also have to sticker those commiting equally heinous crimes such as....... stripy highlights, faux-hawks, bad shoes, fake designer bags, fat white legs and miniskirts, midriff bulges, bad teeth, sandals and ming feet (sooooooo Irish), overuse of hair wax, sh1tty sportswear, jumpers in manmade fibres, glitter make-up, I could go on......it's easy to point the finger at the radio active tan briggade but there's a lot of other offenders out there lets not forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Hmmmmmm but in the interest of fairness you would also have to sticker those commiting equally heinous crimes such as....... stripy highlights, faux-hawks, bad shoes, fake designer bags, fat white legs and miniskirts, midriff bulges, bad teeth, sandals and ming feet (sooooooo Irish), overuse of hair wax, sh1tty sportswear, jumpers in manmade fibres, glitter make-up, I could go on......it's easy to point the finger at the radio active tan briggade but there's a lot of other offenders out there lets not forget.
    Thats true, but you can't jump straight into everything at once. Also some ppl like glittery make up ect, so why not start with the one thing that everyone agrees just looks terrible? I think the stickers are a great idea, so long as they are discreet, and the person doesn't see you putting the stickers on their bag! Hmmm, what we need is a team of stealthy ninjas running around stealthily sticking them on ppl then dissapearing off! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

blondie83 wrote:
    Thats true, but you can't jump straight into everything at once. Also some ppl like glittery make up ect, so why not start with the one thing that everyone agrees just looks terrible? I think the stickers are a great idea, so long as they are discreet, and the person doesn't see you putting the stickers on their bag! Hmmm, what we need is a team of stealthy ninjas running around stealthily sticking them on ppl then dissapearing off! :p

As JC taught us, let he is without physical/fashion fault cast the first sticker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

why not just orange them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

There was a girl in my year in school, who - I kid you not- looked like an oompa loumpa. She was as orange as a tangerenne... all year long. Like ehat did she do, bath in the stuff every night!!??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Well, I'm not a doctor and neither is this website, but check it out: http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/orange_skin.htm

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

42pic2.jpg

wtf, i know her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Does it not bother your sister that you post pictures of her on the net agent smith?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if only, if only

(thats not my sister)

Advertisement