Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tweed?

• 09-08-2004 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

The new stylish thoughts about the upcommig tweed clothing?

I remember tweed from ages ago when I was a child. I remember it being wooly like and itchy...WHY WOULD ANYONE wanna brong that back?

:rolleyes:

Just wondering if anyone else thinks the same?

~DR~

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

The new stylish thoughts about the upcommig tweed clothing? ~DR~

Hmm, haven't really seen much of the new season's clothes yet - but this sounds like something I'd be rather keen on avoiding.

I dunno, tweed tends to put me in mind of ladies with poofy hair (a la Princess Anne) wearing tweed and jodphurs whilst retouching their frosted blue eyeshadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Ooooohhhh no, don't dis the tweed. It's been the staple of the dandy since 2000 and has made an appearance in designer fall lines and highstreet winters every year since. A nice pair of tweed trews can be worn casually with a runners, t-shirt and scarf in the Autumn or dressed up with a sexy pair of spikes.....mmmm roll on winter cos I'm missing my tweeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

You mean tweed can look good? I don't know now, I've never actually seen someone wearing tweed and thought "hey that looks nice". Feel free to prove me wrong though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

tweed is no good in trousers unless you are of the very slender-legged variety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

dudara wrote:
    tweed is no good in trousers unless you are of the very slender-legged variety

V true, and I think ye gotta have a really good ass as well. I won't lie, there are few that can pull them off....feeling panic, best get down the gym before the tweed season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

I like tweed, I have a couple of tweed hats and a tweed sports coat, but as for trousers... I'm not really too sure on it tbh. But a lass with a nice tweed cap, and a pair of green wellies and a bit of straw sticking out of her mouth will drive me wild anyday :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Number6 wrote:
    But a lass with a nice tweed cap, and a pair of green wellies and a bit of straw sticking out of her mouth will drive me wild anyday :cool:

Aye; she could drive me tractor as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Number6 wrote:
    But a lass with a nice tweed cap, and a pair of green wellies and a bit of straw sticking out of her mouth will drive me wild anyday :cool:

You've moved onto girls then eh Nick? :p

ecksor wrote:
    Aye; she could drive me tractor as well.

Begara that would be heaven I tells ya

Amz wrote:
    You've moved onto girls then eh Nick?

Quiet you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Tweed is in eh?, every driving test instructor will be the height of fashion, especially with their leather elbow patches.

• Advertisement

Tweed is in eh?, every driving test instructor will be the height of fashion, especially with their leather elbow patches.

Hmm, Tweed jacket with leather elbow patches.

Marge: Homer, thats suppose to be a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches, not the other way around... you've ruined a perfectly good jacket.
    Homer: Correction, 2 perfectly good jackets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Tweed - as worn by all the 50 something lecturers in my subject at uni. I won't be wearing that then!

Besides, it would have to be lined so as not to be itchy and it's bound to end up really bulky. I've seen some nice looking tweed suits for women in photos but I'm still not convinced it would be comfortable. Also, don't they use urine to soften the material?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

Tweed ? BLEH !! Give me blue jeans anyday ! I can't imagine myself ever wearing anything tweed !

Advertisement