Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning a jumper that sheds EVERYWHERE!!!

• 25-01-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I bought a jumper before Xmas, black soft and really comfy when I tried it on.
    I washed it on low bug it is shedding bits everywhere. I sat down on a couch in a hotel lobby yesterday and was mortified when I got up, it was like a mingy cat had been rolling around in it all day!
    Can I return it based on that? I'm over the 21 day return period by a week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The 21 day return period is for change of mind, not for a faulty product (i.e. it's the company facilitating you by allowing you to return the product for no reason, totally separate than your consumer rights).
    You would be arguing that the jumper isn't 'fit for the intended purpose', which is covered by your consumer legislation and therefore is exempt from their 21 day return period restriction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

dee_mc wrote: »
    The 21 day return period is for change of mind, not for a faulty product (i.e. it's the company facilitating you by allowing you to return the product for no reason, totally separate than your consumer rights).
    You would be arguing that the jumper isn't 'fit for the intended purpose', which is covered by your consumer legislation and therefore is exempt from their 21 day return period restriction.

Cool. Thanks.
    Might email the company tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,909 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I suspect they'll just say it's the nature of the fabric/wool used. I had an angora jumper years ago that was the exact same, I ended up just throwing it out; even after multiple washes it never shed any less and it used to drive me MAD; you couldn't wear anything over it or whatever you wore under that item next time would be destroyed; the hairs used to get up my nose and in my eyes and everything.

If it's an angora or mohair mix, a wash with no detergent and LOADS of fabric conditioner in it may take care of the worst of the shedding, but if it's 100% angora or a synthetic version, you may end up just having to bin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I suspect they'll just say it's the nature of the fabric/wool used. I had an angora jumper years ago that was the exact same, I ended up just throwing it out; even after multiple washes it never shed any less and it used to drive me MAD; you couldn't wear anything over it or whatever you wore under that item next time would be destroyed; the hairs used to get up my nose and in my eyes and everything.

If it's an angora or mohair mix, a wash with no detergent and LOADS of fabric conditioner in it may take care of the worst of the shedding, but if it's 100% angora or a synthetic version, you may end up just having to bin it.

It's def not angora!
    97% Polyester, 2% Nylon, 1% Metallised Fibre

When I took off my bra (that was under the jumper) it was completely covered!

You simply can't wear it anywhere!
    Must email company now :)

Advertisement