Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

So Sue Me gone huge what you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Meangadh wrote: »
    Sorry I'm relatively new to her- I knew she had a book out based on her blog and that sometimes people I'm friends with on facebook would like her stuff so I'd see it pop up from time to time- but what's that actual point of what she does?

I just went on to her facebook page for the first time there- her make up and clothes are grand (not really my taste but they're fine) and then she posts the same kind of crap you see on joe.ie and her.ie, and the odd thing like someecards. Sure anyone could do that. Baffling as to how she's been so successful- I mean best of luck to her and all, I just don't see the point. Does she have an actual job?

She left her job too do that!

I wonder will she have a second book. Can't believe her book was one of the top five best sellers for weeks in easons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Toast4532 wrote: »

That's hilarious !!Seriously these followers have to be taking the piss big time..." what colour is on your wall? I've been looking for it for ages" holy cow if they're not taking the piss .....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

anna080 wrote: »
    The people writing the sarcastic comments about paint on the walls etc are her friends and family members! They are clearly taking the piss and making fun of all the young girls who are genuinely asking use where she gets the stuff, because she gets asked where she gets her stuff a lot. I've seen the same on her sisters page. Things like" wow where did you get that cushion sue "and then she would comment back "pmsl" or something like that. It's so rude if you ask me. That kind of thing has put me right off them.

wow if that's the case then that is unbelievably rude... I do feel like she puts on a certain persona on her page & instagram going out of her way to reply to people etc and being over friendly to everyone calling them hun etc which just makes all the fans be like wow you are so down to earth and nice Sue but she is probably laughing behind their backs when people keep asking where she got things and it's not even her own stuff in the photos.

ahhh the more I read the more I dislike about it all. I know alot of people on this thread were saying she gives 5 stars to everything she reviews but I also noticed that she will review something and say it's amazing but in reality I'd say she might have used it once for the purpose of the review but that doesn't really give an accurate view on something. She had reviewed some mascara that she said gave the same effect as semi permanent lashes etc but she wears semi permanent lashes anyway so she obviously doesn't use that mascara. She also posted saying oh everyone has been asking me why my hair is so shiny well this is why and did a review on a shampoo but when someone asked her was it ok to use it on extensions she said no it wasn't and that she had only used it once for the review but wouldn't be able to use it regularly since she has extensions... it's hardly a thorough review to use something once and then rate is 5 stars

I wonder does she get paid to review products or does she just get freebies ? btw I don't follow the girl or know much about her I just seen her pop up in my news feed on Facebook a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    I wonder does she get paid to review products or does she just get freebies ? btw I don't follow the girl or know much about her I just seen her pop up in my news feed on Facebook a few times.

She gets free hotel stays. Most bloggers get free products but will disclose that it was provided for free (think this is law in some countries? Not sure).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Just seen she's doing a write up in stellar magazine! In one way it's like fair play, then in another she just annoys me

Magenta wrote: »
    She gets free hotel stays. Most bloggers get free products but will disclose that it was provided for free (think this is law in some countries? Not sure).

Kinda explains the 5 star reviews so. I had a gander through her blog...wouldn't be my kinda thing, she comes across as very self absorbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

That's rude if her family are taking the piss out of her fans and she goes along with it. Fair enough, do it in real life where it can't be seen by her fans who got her to where she is. Its very two faced and like someone said above it looks like she puts on a persona to her fans. :(

Ya I don't know how many times she posted up reviews of her fab hotel stays where she was obviously put up in the penthouse suite for free. Yep that's nice and all but majority of your readers will never afford the penthouse why not do a review on a standard room that most people will be staying in. It seems like salons from around the country also invite her down for pampering so she will give them a good review.

And I have also noticed at times that its like she nearly goes fishing for freebies because she knows she has such a following that someone will jump in and offer her stuff. She posted a picture last year of a painting of Louboutin shoes and said she would love that painting and low and behold some fan of hers paints a replica and sends it to her. Also a few weeks back she posted something saying oh I hate shopping for gym gear and Penneys commented on it saying keep an eye on your post so I presume they sent her out freebies and then she had the post up about their new range of work out gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Another 5 star review on the way I suppose.

1609796_10152531105124447_1776032494_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What annoys me about her too is how she's always justifying how hard she works. I mean please, spare me. I'd hardly call getting sent freebies and being put up in hotels for nights (not to mention stealing others pics) hard work.

It seems it's the younger generation that idolise her, which is worrying.

anna080 wrote: »
    What annoys me about her too is how she's always justifying how hard she works. I mean please, spare me. I'd hardly call getting sent freebies and being put up in hotels for nights (not to mention stealing others pics) hard work.

It seems it's the younger generation that idolise her, which is worrying.

Ha I was actually going to say that too I don't know how many times I've seen her justify her posts about the expensive items she treated herself too by saying she works her ass off... well I'm sure most of your readers also work their asses off in whatever they are working at or studying but in the real world most people still could never even dream of owning those items and they shouldn't be attacked when they say that the blog seems to be showing more of those items than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

if any of you follow The Londoner blog its kinda similar - loads of fawning fan girls, undisclosed freebies, portrayal of an unattainable lifestyle......:rolleyes:

universitytimes.ie/?p=22278

not sure if that link will work as I'm on my phone but it's an interesting read!

It's a shame too cos she's irish so you'd love to support her but how can ya when she's at that Craic!

Have a nice day everyone! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Its a pity the with the great fan base she has but totally lost interest in her.my friends are doing fashion and said she is being found out big time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

How old is she, does anyone know? Just curious as I'm trying t gauge her target market/ fan base.

I googled and couldn't find anything in relation to her age... I'm guessing she is around 24-25

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

When you think about it her style is similar to what college students and people that age wear to night clubs, so that's probably her target agegroup. Loads of people love that kinda style so I can see why she had so many fans. I don't have a problem with her she seems really nice! A blogger I like on facebook is retro flame, she's more into actual fashion.

She's 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

http://universitytimes.ie/?p=22278

This is a working link from Gossipgirl10 previous post. Thanks for sharing it was an interesting read to say the least and the comments on the article were something else!

For me this really stood out. Its a response from under the article to another poster who is disgusted with how the article itself is a form of bullying towards Suzanne Jackson.

"I love how you cleverly ignore the response made by Sue Jackson on Twitter to Leanna's critique.

"Suzanne Jackson ™ [EMAIL="‏@SoSueMe_ie"]@SoSueMe_ie[/EMAIL]
    @beckzybabezxox doesn't bother me at all Hun. Green eyed monster and I sense deep rooted issues there. I could guess, but I'll ignore �� x"

"Deep rooted issues". So anyone who has ethical problems with the Sue Jackson business model must have "deep rooted issues". Whether you agree or disagree with the points raised by Leanna in this article, it is the HEIGHT of disrespect to respond by calling her a "green eyed monster" or attacking her based on perceived insecurity. And then to turn around and label her a bully?
    Some double standards"

For me the poster here is completely on the money and I couldn't of said it better myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not a fan of the blog but that University Times article seems so bitchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I hate the idea that just because women enjoy reading fashion and beauty blogs, they are clearly vapid with no intellectual capacity whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

123 LC wrote: »
    A blogger I like on facebook is retro flame, she's more into actual fashion.

Yeah, I like her too. She comes from near where I grew up. Lovely girl and genuinely works hard for what she achieves. And much better taste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

phasers wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the blog but that University Times article seems so bitchy.

I think that article is by far the most coherent and accurate description why this blog is so ridiculous. It certainly beats the arguments about the bracelets or the comments of her family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

I think So Sue Me's responses to the author of the university times blog sum up the main reason I think she has a bad blog and a bad attitude. A girl criticised her blog and So Sue Me responds with b!tchy comments saying the girl "has issues". If anything like this was written on her facebook page it would be immediately deleted. This is the sort of dismissive, quite frankly b!tchy and arrogant attitude which is the reason I dislike her blog. Not because Im a "hater" or "jealous" which is what she says to anything that isnt an overwhealmingly positive and fawning response to her. This is the attitude that her impressionable teenage readers will think is the right attitude and the cool attitude.

So sue Me has done well for herself and fair play but the bottom line in my opinion is that she is a bad blogger backed up with a bad attitude.

She only gives 4.5 or 5 star ratings to EVERY product she reviews making her ratings meaningless.

Her blog now consists of quotes and photos which are not her own yet she never ever credits the original author. Anyone can go on pinterest and copy and paste a picture.

The majority of pictures are now of her dog and herself and her friends.

The above mentioned pictures and quotes are NOT a fashion blog. It seems to be a blog celebrating herself.

The girl cannot take critique in any way. Obviously people writing nasty things on facebook or to her should be deleted as that is wrong and mean. But people with genuine questions and critiques being deleted and branded as haters.... This is a 29 year old woman who should be able to maturely respond to critiques without branding people as jealous or telling the world how hard she works so she deserves this. Its just so immature.

She used to put up some good posts about outfits she put together from pennys etc but now its just a bad blog from an over inflated ego.

Sorry rant over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think that article is by far the most coherent and accurate description why this blog is so ridiculous. It certainly beats the arguments about the bracelets or the comments of her family members.

Well from reading it I got the impression that the author feels that anyone who enjoys fashion and beauty is a vapid airhead, and definitely feels superior to anybody who enjoys beauty and showbiz news. Just looking at a couple of quotes from the article:
    “This is what’s wrong with Ireland."
    Really? This? People having/reading a beauty blog is what's brought the country to it's knees?
    With so few women as opinion leaders in the media, it is disappointing to see that one of the most influential female bloggers is one who conforms to a predetermined concept of “female.”

Yes, God forbid a woman post about make up and fashion because they enjoy it. They need to be serious! Silly women, liking the things they like. We women need to remain stoic and hard-faced at all times.

As for beating the arguments, this is just a discussion forum. Users are just posting things they notice, they're not trying to write an editorial on why they dislike the blog like the author of this piece.

Although I do think the bangle thing is a pretty crappy thing to do and speaks volumes about Sue's character.

Ooh, sorry for the rant. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Whats her background pre facebook blogging?Whats all the hard work she has done ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

phasers wrote: »
    Well from reading it I got the impression that the author feels that anyone who enjoys fashion and beauty is a vapid airhead, and definitely feels superior to anybody who enjoys beauty and showbiz news. Just looking at a couple of quotes from the article:

Really? This? People having/reading a beauty blog is what's brought the country to it's knees?

Yes, God forbid a woman post about make up and fashion because they enjoy it. They need to be serious! Silly women, liking the things they like. We women need to remain stoic and hard-faced at all times.

As for beating the arguments, this is just a discussion forum. Users are just posting things they notice, they're not trying to write an editorial on why they dislike the blog like the author of this piece.

Although I do think the bangle thing is a pretty crappy thing to do and speaks volumes about Sue's character.

Ooh, sorry for the rant. :o
    I enjoy fashion and beatuy and I don't consider myself airhead. However fashion and beauty do not equal consumerism. In fact I am prepared to argue with anybody that high fashion and high fashion photography is a form of art. As much as commercial activity can be art.Blogging about you outfits and posting selfies when you're going isn't even close to that. It is also a lifestyle blog. A lifestyle that has very substance in it. She is not blogging about fashion, she is blogging about her life and from my limited knowledge it does seem that she wants to exist only as a consumer. It might be enough for some but it is definitely not true for most of the women. So yes I am still in complete agreement that blogs like that reduce being a woman to being pretty and dumb. That doesn't mean that everyone of her readers are but I wouldn't have much hope for those who look up to her.

Edit: I remember reading an Indo travel feature about New York just before crisis started. It was only about where to shop and eat. I remember thinking, god this country is in serious trouble, if all you gave to tell about one of the greatest cities on the planet is where to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Twinkle123

This thread has restored my faith in young women!

I've never really seen the point of someone posting about how fab their boyfriend/dog/car/night outs are etc...The So Sue Me blog always came across very self indulgent to me...

I don't get the facination some have with her at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

From recent views of her site, I'm not a fan is Suzanne. I've no idea what her blog used to be like but I won't be following based on recent posts.
    I do think she needs to grow a thicker skin if she reacts as badly as some people say she does to critiques. Some people will be jealous writing their comments but a lot of people are not.

And finally, to all who mentioned buynowbloglater, I hate you.
    I'm addicted to this girl now and want her wardrobe! She seems very honest in her reviews and I like that.

Thanks Peppapig for fixing the link!

I definitely agree with others that the University Times article had a good point to make but lost a lot of credibility / support by the manner in which she wrote the article... there was definitely more than a touch of bitchiness to some of it which was unnecessary and didn't help her make the point she was trying to make.

I thought the comments were very interesting to read though - there was definitely two very pro and anti Sue sides going back and forth.

Edit:-

Also another one of the comments on the piece said that when it was brought to Suzanne's attention on twitter her response was "feel sorry for her, sad little girl" - now that's bitchy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'm male but i've always been fascinated with the beauty bloggers/vloggers scene, the huge followings they get and then the hate they get. i don't know how people get so worked up about her if she getting free stuff.

you'll all love this forum if you want to bitch more:
    http://www.gurugossiper.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm closing this thread because it is becoming repetitive and because it really doesn't reflect the ethos of the forum.