Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it more economic to splash out on quality brands

Options
  • 22-06-2010 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've bought topman and there definitely poor quality. I'm unsure about next - I think some of there stuff is ok.

I need to buy some new clothes soon and am wondering if if I should spend more money on good clothes. If so what - bearing in mind I like fashionable clothes aswell. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Topman (and indeed Topshop) are only of mediocre quality and not worth the money being charged.

I wouldn't say that any one brand is superb quality - sometimes Penney's throw up things that are far better quality than an equivalent item in BTs and sometimes Penney's are complete rubbish.

Based on my experience with mens' clothing, I find Ted Baker, Boss, Paul Smith to be pretty good quality - but it depends on the item in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Some basics from Penneys like vests and lycra stretchy t shirts are as good as you'll get anywhere. They don't fade or lose shape. Their socks aren't very good though.

Topshop stuff has to be looked after because it fades and loses shape. It's too expensive for what you get.

I think men look better in classic clothes that suit their coloouring like nice jeans, jumpers, shirts, plain t shirts and ESPECIALLY nice winter coats so it's worth investing in good quality. I don't like a lot of men's fashion from what I've seen shopping with my boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Quality, quality, quality. 'nuff said.
    Always buy the very best you can afford and remember that designer labels are not always a sign of quality.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement