Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween costumes

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Penneys would be my first stop for one:)

Thanks. Tried them but they were only selling some plain boring ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Fringe wrote: »
    Thanks. Tried them but they were only selling some plain boring ties.

Try Wild Child in George's Street Arcade. My friend got some cool leather ties in there recently, really cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Right....was thinking of goin as green grapes to fancy dress tonight

What ye think?

Green balloons and maybe some brown face paint stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

What ye think?

Green balloons and maybe borrow some brown face paint stuff off one of the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

What ye think?

Green balloons and maybe borrow some brown face paint stuff off one of the lads.

class !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Gillington wrote: »
    Right folks looking to go as Old Gregg from the Mighty Boosh,heres a pic of him in the show

http://wherethewildthingsare14.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/old-gregg.jpg

and a good replica

http://www.amykcostume.co.uk/images/misc/gregg_big.jpg

Basically I have Black Shirt,White tie,flashlight for the mangina! so far,gonna wear white socks instead of white boots so need help with the rest if ye can!
    The remaining components are a sorta silver sparkly jacket,a pink tutu,green leggings and maybe a greenish wig(probably just make something out of crepe paper if I have to).

Anyone gone as Old Gregg before or have any tips!?

:( No-one!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It'll be off into ladies shops for you :) I think Dunnes have sparkly silver bomber jackets at the moment. If not Penneys defo have sparkly silver blazers, bit different to the ones in that photo but still sparkly. They'd both be sequinny rather than plain old sparkly

For a tutu you might have some luck in an emo type shop, I know h&m have tutus (in their 'Divided' range) but they're more floaty than sticky outy and in pastel colours. You might be best going into a fabric shop and getting the pink netting and some elastic and using a staple gun to create your own tutu.

Green leggings- try Penneys, New Look, No Name, possibly AWear (and they're selling off all their summer stuff now as well). American Apparel definitely have them but they're quite spensive in there

There's different coloured tutus in No Name in Stephen's Green S.C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Sorry if anyone has asked this before, but I'm going as Wally, from Where's Wally. I have the hat (well sorta), jeans and shoes. I spent hours looking for a stripey top or jumper.

Does anyone know where I can get one? I looked in Dunnes, Penneys and H&M. In the girls and guys section. And I still can't find anything :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

It'll be off into ladies shops for you :) I think Dunnes have sparkly silver bomber jackets at the moment. If not Penneys defo have sparkly silver blazers, bit different to the ones in that photo but still sparkly. They'd both be sequinny rather than plain old sparkly

For a tutu you might have some luck in an emo type shop, I know h&m have tutus (in their 'Divided' range) but they're more floaty than sticky outy and in pastel colours. You might be best going into a fabric shop and getting the pink netting and some elastic and using a staple gun to create your own tutu.

Green leggings- try Penneys, New Look, No Name, possibly AWear (and they're selling off all their summer stuff now as well). American Apparel definitely have them but they're quite spensive in there

Cheers for your help,went fabric shop and sourced some pink net material to safety pin to one o me mam's skirts if needs be plus I think I've a loan of a silver jacket but I'll be in town tomorrow and ill have a look around,me mams coming with me thank god!
    Larianne wrote: »
    There's different coloured tutus in No Name in Stephen's Green S.C.

Cheers for both your help!

I'm Old Greggggggg!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Any suggestions for a cheap pirate costume?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭goldenwonder

im dressing up as a french classic mime and need either a proper burret? or preferably bowler hat..
    any ideas?
    cheaper the better. wont get much use out of a bowler hat

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FuzzyFrog

Looking for accessories for a WW1 pilot costume namely a handlebar moustache or one of the era and pipe. Can anyone suggest a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FuzzyFrog

Too late to order online at this stage but all the pound shops are doing the same costumes for a lot cheaper €15-€20, pirate costumes are pretty mainstream so likely on stock.

im dressing up as a french classic mime and need either a proper burret? or preferably bowler hat..
    any ideas?
    cheaper the better. wont get much use out of a bowler hat

PRetty sure I've seen bowler hats in either H&M or River Island or both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

AdrianII wrote: »
    Hi all

need some help on how to do beetlejuice's hair/wig

i have the outfit and makeup etc but dont have the hair. any one any idea how to do it or where to get it from. Got a long whit wig but it looked rubbish

The fun place beside the gaiety theatre have loads of wigs. you should get pva glue to make it all straggly and sticky-uppy
    does anyone know where i can buy xl mens pj's that are vertical blue and white stripes.????

i live in dublin and have checked everywhere, guineys, penneys, boyers, arnots, m and s, clearys and debbenams

pls help!

Dunnes. Or even get a shirt and plain white bottoms (possibly doctors scrubs) and just paint on blue lines

Spadina wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ok I know what I'm going as but I need help on the finer details. I'm going as a Killer Bee, which basically involves dressing up as a bee and then accessorising with a gun, fingerless gloves, possibly a holster, but what else would you guys suggest to add to the Killer part??

paint two black stripes on either cheek, soldier/american football style. Maybe a bullet belt.
    Myself and a friend have just decided to go out!! Any ideas on what to dress up as and being as cheap as possible :D

Babies. penneys are selling onesies for like 6 quid. Or use what you already have, angels/devils using white/red/black clothing.

Also claires accessories in stephens green have neon green tutus for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 46 candysapple

Does anyone know where I can get a fake crow?
    I thought there'd be loads as decorations but can't find any

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wiggles~

Hey guys, does anyone know where i could find a rubber horse head mask in Dublin city centre tomorrow? Well i live in Kildare but i don't think i'll find one here. I want to go as this:

2lsd7gx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finished mine :D
    IMG_0949 (Small).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Wiggles~ wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know where i could find a rubber horse head mask in Dublin city centre tomorrow? Well i live in Kildare but i don't think i'll find one here. I want to go as this:

2lsd7gx.jpg

gas !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Wohoo just finished my costume (well my mam did)

Sexy witch without revealing too much :D

Thinking of a wart for my face?? What ye reckon?? :D

WHoever was looking for scrubs, Arnotts in the GPO arcade have a store called uniforms at arnotts. Its got nurses, doctors, beauty therapists etc. Only thing is, i dunno if it opens on saturdays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

FuzzyFrog wrote: »
    Looking for accessories for a WW1 pilot costume namely a handlebar moustache or one of the era and pipe. Can anyone suggest a place?

Saw em in the Pound shop at Ilac/Moore st yday.. came in a set of 5 moustaches, one of them being a huge handlebar one, for 2quid :)
    Not sure bout the pipe-theres a shop near Lush at the Molly Malone that sells pipes, but theyre proper ones an a lil pricey for a costume probably

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

My Halloween plans have changed last minute. I have a sexy FBI costume but now Im going to a party where you have to dress up as someone from a Horror film. Its too late to change my costume so Im trying to think of a horror film with FBI agent/ cop or how I can swing it my way! Was thinking even being a zombie cop with a gun shot or something?? Can anyone help and think of a movie I could be from?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

I will be dressing as a vampiress.
    I bought white face make-up for my costume.
    How do you apply make-up?
    I will have black lipstick and white face.
    I was thinking of getting eye-shadow to finish the look.
    Any suggestions what shade i should get?
    Any other suggestions ?

MazStar wrote: »
    My Halloween plans have changed last minute. I have a sexy FBI costume but now Im going to a party where you have to dress up as someone from a Horror film. Its too late to change my costume so Im trying to think of a horror film with FBI agent/ cop or how I can swing it my way! Was thinking even being a zombie cop with a gun shot or something?? Can anyone help and think of a movie I could be from?

Thanks

Theres a film called I was a zombie for the FBI. Total made for TV failure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

coolguy wrote: »
    I will be dressing as a vampiress.
    I bought white face make-up for my costume.
    How do you apply make-up?
    I will have black lipstick and white face.
    I was thinking of getting eye-shadow to finish the look.
    Any suggestions what shade i should get?
    Any other suggestions ?

I pretty much have to do the white face and all that being a zombie tonight :D There are loads of videos on t'internet to show you how to make it look good. I couldn't get any liquid latex for making me look more dead and cut up though :(

Edit: geeky joke time, my post count doesn't exist! :o :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

for the person looking for the Where's wally striped top - American Apparell beside Trinity have red and white striped t-shirts in the Mens section afaik - a bit pricey at around 25euro though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 NotJohnDenver

Has anyone any idea where I could get green face/body paint in Dublin today?
    Not the fancy dress shop by Stephen's Green. Can't face the queues...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm wearing this

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/images/detailed_images/navy%20girl2.jpg

Bf is going as Ironman, I got a costume in town today for €35 it was reduced from €100 cause the mask is slightly damaged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

well...pics please :pac::D

Ive been trying the last while but facebook wont work!

14758_1236539963263_1522140784_30625081_935577_n.jpg

Me being the ice queen

Advertisement