Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to hang a driveway gate?

Options
  • 16-02-2020 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm going to be building a wooden gate for our driveway. Building the gate is not the problem - well probably. The gate will need to fit between two concrete posts (ugly square posts about 1/2m square. I need to minimize the space any hinge takes up as the space between the posts is pretty narrow (it's not the time to widen the gate).

What are the options for hanging a wooden gate in between concrete posts? I want to hang them in the center of the concrete posts, not on the edges (for aesthetics mainly). I've looked at something like this, attached to something like this - but it doesn't seem right me. There will be 2 gates about 1.6m, some type of hardwood. Has anyone done this before?

These could work maybe?

Comments

Advertisement