Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collet replacement

Options
  • 18-02-2020 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I need to fit some (expensive) 8mm shank router bits (dumb me bought them and didn't notice they were not 1/4in) into my T-tech TT/R127 (Trend/BnQ hybrid) router. It's a 1/2 inch collet machine. Does anybody think this collet type wouldn't work for this router? You can also buy sleeves which are cheaper, but i will be cutting mortises in Iroko and they come with a warning about using for heavy duty work.

Thoughts - as an alternative, can anyone recommend where i could source spiral-upcut router bits (are these critical for cutting mortises?) for a reasonable price? Also - would it be recommended to drill out the material before cleaning up mortises with the router (would this make the sleeve a viable option as it would have to be doing less work)?

Thanks,

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You should find everything you need on www.wealdentool.com Not the cheapest but the quality is top notch. Have a look at the discounted section as well.

Advertisement