Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine jewellery online

Options
  • 22-12-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Would you trust it?
    I saw a ring in a local jewellers made by a "brand". I googled the brand and came up with the brand and their parent company.
    I called them and asked was this ring in their stock. They were a bit vague but then a sales guy came on and said to email him what I wanted.
    He showed me a CAD design over email and it's hard to make out but it appears to be what I saw in the local shop.
    Anyway, It's 60% of the cost of the high street. Would you risk it? Too good to be true?
    Too risky to buy something like that online in any event irrespective of saving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Anyone?
    The company is a genuine company.
    My worries are
    1 that buying reasonably expensive jewellery without seeing it first / seeing the retailer is risky. We have all bought that shirt/trousers/dress that look amazing online but terrible on arrival.

2. Even if the above were not in play. Is it stupid to buy off someone you don't know, don't know if you can trust as such. Yes it's a company but sure they could be really be anyone . People on Amazon are "companies" and sell total junk and rip people off I'm sure.

Or am I just being old fashioned? He has sent me a CAD design, the place sells its brand into high street jewellers and the diamond will be certified. Google maps shows me it's in the London diamond district (They have one, who knew?!)

Btw, the reason I'm saying I don't know if they're exactly the same rings (high street and the company) is that the setting is quite intricate and the one in the shop is hard to make out with the naked eye

Advertisement