Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save The Date

Options
  • 28-02-2021 2:52pm

We are in the middle of deciding on an invitation design. We weren't going to bother with a 'save the date' but I'm wondering now if we should.

Are you sending one and what do you think about not?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We sent save the changes (and two lots of change the dates...) by email. I used optimal print just to do a mock up of them online and then just did a screenshot to embed the images into the emails. Just so it would look a little nicer and more official!

I think it's good to let people know what the date is in advance of the official invitations, as so much is changing these days. I couldn't justify spending money on physical save the dates though.

woodchuck wrote: »
    We sent save the changes (and two lots of change the dates...) by email. I used optimal print just to do a mock up of them online and then just did a screenshot to embed the images into the emails. Just so it would look a little nicer and more official!

I think it's good to let people know what the date is in advance of the official invitations, as so much is changing these days. I couldn't justify spending money on physical save the dates though.

Email is a great idea but it wouldn't work for quite a few of our guests. We could do a mix though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

We did ours by WhatsApp, by sending each person s personalised image and everyone was very understanding given all the uncertainty atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I'm printing my own invites and got a save the date design as part of the suite. I'm going to send them out as I think it's good to give people a bit of a heads up. Especially if they have to travel. We have friends and family around the world and would probably be travelling home (well if allowed) around that time so it gives them an opportunity to decide if they want to arrange the travel around the time of the wedding.

I did a bit of wizardry and embedded save the dates in to emails. Thanks Woodchuck :)
    Himself thinks we can print the invites ourselves but my magpie eyes have been turned by gorgeous stationery companies.

Same as everything else with my planning. I start off with "oh we definitely don't need x y or z" only to find that there's monopoly money down the back of the sofa. Hopefully it will turn in to the real stuff when everyone needs to be paid :D

• Advertisement

Glad you got sorted with the save the dates :)

I think the actual invitations are worth getting done professionally. Within reason though. The likes of optimal print and vista print and have nice designs that are reasonably priced. I'm easily distracted by pretty things too though, like the laser cut invites with ribbons etc! But I don't think I could justify going all out with the invitations... especially since this is our 3rd wedding date :rolleyes:

woodchuck wrote: »
    Glad you got sorted with the save the dates :)

I think the actual invitations are worth getting done professionally. Within reason though. The likes of optimal print and vista print and have nice designs that are reasonably priced. I'm easily distracted by pretty things too though, like the laser cut invites with ribbons etc! But I don't think I could justify going all out with the invitations... especially since this is our 3rd wedding date :rolleyes:

Oh yes some of them are so beautiful! I found a little company called Till Dawn Dear and they are like works of art. The creator does state that she isn't a budget option :) I think Optimal Print is the way to go.

Did you send out "change the dates"?

Did you send out "change the dates"?

We did! Just by email though.

Advertisement