Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Sea Swimming Allihies/Eyries?

Options
  • 01-01-2021 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm new to the Allihies/Eyries area on the Beara peninsula. I like to sea swim year round and would like to continue now that I'm here. Which beach is the safest does anyone know. Do any individuals or groups sea swim in the winter in this area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smurph6

Siacas wrote: »
    I'm new to the Allihies/Eyries area on the Beara peninsula. I like to sea swim year round and would like to continue now that I'm here. Which beach is the safest does anyone know. Do any individuals or groups sea swim in the winter in this area.

Travara, the beach below Urhan school is a nice safe place to swim, there's handful of people that go most days. There's a nice pier just past eyeries village just after the post office at the end of the village there's a small road going towards the sea and at the end a pier which a good few people swim from regularly. Tra an phearla, a stony strand with a small slip is between eyeries and Allihies near those horse shoe bends, it's another nice spot to swim

Advertisement