Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mattress disposal Cork

• 01-10-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can dispose or recycle an old double Mattress in Co. Cork area ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

This might help: Council website

Although Rafeen, near Carraigaline isn't listed for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Try selling it on Done Deal. ( Only joking.)

The dump in Carrigtwohill takes mattresses, for a fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭kiki

Satts wrote: »
    Try selling it on Done Deal. ( Only joking.)

The dump in Carrigtwohill takes mattresses, for a fee.

That's exactly what I did with it in the end. The fee there was less than the fee charged by corporation for dump on Kinsale road btw.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 6 natureslover

kiki wrote: »
    That's exactly what I did with it in the end. The fee there was less than the fee charged by corporation for dump on Kinsale road btw.

Thanks all

And how much was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi All,

Sorry to resurrect an old one but have a spotlessly clean futon mattress that my mother wants to get rid of, thought there would be a homeless shelter in need of stuff like that but can't find any. Will fire it in the skip no problem but thought it might go to a better home.

Any ideas?

// Gary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 natureslover

Hi there,

I think you can easily post an ad on Adverts.ie. You can post it as FREE and you wouldn't have to pay any fees. I am sure it will attract many interested collectors.

If anyone is interested, I left my mattress with the recycling bin and the binmen collected it without any problem. Tried it with general waste and did not work out, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

I heard it costs 40€ to dispose of a double mattress in Cork. Is this correct? I need to dispose of one and am thinking 40€ is a lot to have to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

There is a very good programme called Boomerang based in Ballyvolane that recycles mattresses.

http://boomerangenterprises.ie/domesctic/

They train and upskill workers who have trouble getting jobs.
    Give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Noelcork

www.corkremovals.ie mattress couch furniture removal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

I wonder does Mattress Mick take trade-ins ? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement