Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best kebab in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Ill put my neck on the line and say that having tried all of the above, the best kebab in dublin is from Kebabish on clanbrassil street..

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

I love Zaytoon's chicken shish. Usually don't bother with rice or chips.

The only downside is that their cutlery is a bit crappy, makes cutting hard.

Ask them to roll it for you. Much more enjoyable to eat it then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Ask them to roll it for you. Much more enjoyable to eat it then.

Sounds good! Will do on my next visitation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hobert187

Kebabish Clanbrassil St. enough said! Its defo better than Zaytoon. And they dont open late, so Im assuming everyone that ate there was in a sober-ish state when they ate there! Although I am going to use this thread to try out the likes of Iskanders and such

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

+1 for Kebabish. I guess that most people know Zaytoon and Iskanders because they are in the City Centre, but Kebabish really is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Gyalist wrote: »
    +1 for Kebabish. I guess that most people know Zaytoon and Iskanders because they are in the City Centre, but Kebabish really is better.

Any idea what time they close? I'm just around the corner and hungry :). Want to put this dubious "better than Zaytoon" claim to the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Goodshape wrote: »
    Any idea what time they close? I'm just around the corner and hungry :). Want to put this dubious "better than Zaytoon" claim to the test.

that's seriously lazy, but i like your style!
    i'm also thinking that claim is dubious though. please report, post haste!

Ok, I walked around the corner, it's open :-). One lamb kebab(ish) on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Iskanders - Lamb Shish Plate beats everything hands down. 2 Pitta breads, nice chunky lamb bits, salads, sauce, chillies with chips, drink. 12.70 i think. Zaytoon is over-rated and Kebabish is rank. Get the Lamb Shish plate from Iskanders and come back on here and see. NB Get the plate so you make your own kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hobert187

Should have tried the chicken shish as the acid test. but no doubt it will be good!

That Iskanders Lamb Shish Plate sounds biblical Im gona have to try that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Toss up between Zaytoon and Iskanders but Zaytoon give you a lot more during the day.
    Tasty Hut on Dorset St also deserves a mention - its never busy so the portions are always very bigger.

Best value Indian in town - Chicken Chilli Masala is the biz - under a tenner incl nan/rice and scrumptious

Kebabish is good, not great. Certainly no Zaytoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads is Zaytoon the one beside Boylesports near Tesco on Camden?

And is Kebabish the one around the corner from Griffith College?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lads is Zaytoon the one beside Boylesports near Tesco on Camden?

And is Kebabish the one around the corner from Griffith College?

Yes and yes. There's also a Zaytoon's in Temple Bar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

zaytoon , had it first time in a while the other evening... nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

nice to see my post resurrected.. i still maintain that Iskanders do a mighty fine Lamb Shish...

also for the falafel fans, Ephasus on the corner of Abbey and Capel Street does a dam good falafel for a paltry €4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

There's also a Kebabish on Sth Richmond Street in Portobello. That not the one I was recommending. They aren't connected to the one on Clanbrassil Street and the food isn't half as good (though it is cheaper).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Any good ones in the suburbs around Dublin 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jesse Custer

jamal 5-in-1 in inchicore do a great mixed kebab..and comes with free can of coke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I've never eaten in Abrakebabra in my life and there's one a stone's throw from my new home here in Donnybrook. Are their kebabs any good? I'm not expecting Zaytoon quality, of course, but I'm a kebab addict and I need my fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I've never eaten in Abrakebabra in my life and there's one a stone's throw from my new home here in Donnybrook. Are their kebabs any good? I'm not expecting Zaytoon quality, of course, but I'm a kebab addict and I need my fix.

I wouldn't even class what Abra sell as a kebab. There is no comparison to the likes of Zaytoon or Iskanders.

Zaytoon on Parliament street is the nicest kebab ( chicken shish ) in Dublin by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Drink ten beers before going. It'll be just about passable as food then.

Nevore wrote: »
    Drink ten beers before going. It'll be just about passable as food then.

:D
    I'll give it a miss so. Borza across the road do kebabs...I wonder are they any use....

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

:D
    I'll give it a miss so. Borza across the road do kebabs...I wonder are they any use....

I find that Italian chippies don't do kebabs that well. They're often stuffed into soggy white pittas and are soaked in a sickening chilli/garlic sauce. The kebabs from the likes of Zaytoon/ Sultan etc are far far better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I find that Italian chippies don't do kebabs that well. They're often stuffed into soggy white pittas and are soaked in a sickening chilli/garlic sauce. The kebabs from the likes of Zaytoon/ Sultan etc are far far better IMO.

In a way thats why i regretted ever eating in iskanders or zaytoon there kebabs are so tasty they make you realise chipper kebabs are useless and they just dont fulfil that craving for a kebab anymore :(, and all the good places are in town and dont do deliverys.

In a way thats why i regretted ever eating in iskanders or zaytoon there kebabs are so tasty they make you realise chipper kebabs are useless and they just dont fulfil that craving for a kebab anymore :(, and all the good places are in town and dont do deliverys.

Pretty sure Zaytoon deliver....I'm sure I saw that in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Zaytoon on parliament deliver, not sure if its only the city centre.

Is the iskanders everyone is on about the one on dame st?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Nevore wrote: »
    Is the iskanders everyone is on about the one on dame st?

It is - opposite the Central Bank.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

kellsred wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread has reached a second page without anyone mentioning Kebabish on Clanbrassill St.
    Heaven....

Great curries as well

Advertisement