Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowdfarming

Options
  • 26-01-2021 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Has anyone ordered from this website before? Crowdfarming website

I've never ordered anything like this online and I always see them being advertised. Would be interested in getting some decent avocados as the ones in the supermarket are poor. They've got other seasonal fruit too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplesnack

Bigbooty wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from this website before? Crowdfarming website

I've never ordered anything like this online and I always see them being advertised. Would be interested in getting some decent avocados as the ones in the supermarket are poor. They've got other seasonal fruit too.

I've ordered from them and I got an email yesterday to say that my delivery of olive oil is on the way. I ordered more olive oil for my parents and that arrived before Christmas. I think it's a fantastic initiative - your money is going to the farmer rather than to a corporate middle man and you can choose who you order from based on their farming practices.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A friend of mine got the avocados from granada, worked perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

I've ordered from them and I got an email yesterday to say that my delivery of olive oil is on the way. I ordered more olive oil for my parents and that arrived before Christmas. I think it's a fantastic initiative - your money is going to the farmer rather than to a corporate middle man and you can choose who you order from based on their farming practices.

The products do sound much better for all involved. I normally get my olive oil from some italian trader but I'd rather buy direct. I'm sure the produce is grown and harvested with better environmental and working conditions to. I might get some fruit as I don't think I could eat 4kg of avocados.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplesnack

Bigbooty wrote: »
    The products do sound much better for all involved. I normally get my olive oil from some italian trader but I'd rather buy direct. I'm sure the produce is grown and harvested with better environmental and working conditions to. I might get some fruit as I don't think I could eat 4kg of avocados.

I'll swap you some oil for avocados :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

I'll swap you some oil for avocados :pac:

Good idea, we can set up a boards V&V food exchange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement