Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 month old sleep gone to pot

Options
  • 08-10-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 9 month old breastfed baby girl whose sleep has gone completely off kilter. It's hard to believe it now, but from when she was about 8 weeks old till the four month sleep regression, she used to sleep from half 9 at night till half 7 the following morning. When we hit 4 months, she began waking once or twice a night which was still manageable. I think the 8 month regression began the complete sleep drought that we are currently in. This week, she has been waking every hour of the night. I have been bringing her into the bed by 11 or 12 o'clock out of sheer exhaustion and then spend the rest of the night feeding her and just switching sides every so often.

Has anyone experienced this and solved the problem? Or can give me any tiny sliver of hope that there's more sleep for me at the end of the tunnel??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

People love talking about the 4 month sleep regression but never the 9ish month, 12 month or 18 month one! You will sleep again. I don’t know when but you will.

Posted as my 6 month old wakes for the 2nd time tonight!

https://sarahockwell-smith.com/2015/11/18/what-the-heck-goes-wrong-sleep-wise-at-8-10-months/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

I really needed to read that article, thank you! Makes me feel reassured that I haven't done something to feck up the sleep for good!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah it happens, I went back to work at the 9-10 month mark on all mine and it was marked by complete lack of sleep.I always wondered was it the return to work that did it or something else.Just persevere, as with all other baby things, this too shall pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

There’s a great app called the Wonder Weeks. It explains all about stages of sleep regression etc due to mental development milestones. I was skeptical at first but it’s been spot on identifying when both mine would change their behavior!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yes just keep doing what you are doing and it will settle down again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement