Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA September 2020

• 04-09-2020 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Is anyone else scheduled for an exam next week?

I’ve my final paper to sit and have taken a few days annual leave to prepare. I started off great - calm! relatively focused! - but now I’m in full blown panic mode. I accomplished absolutely nothing today. So frustrated with myself, and so much to do.

/vent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dubdub20

I’ve my final paper to sit and have taken a few days annual leave to prepare. I started off great - calm! relatively focused! - but now I’m in full blown panic mode. I accomplished absolutely nothing today. So frustrated with myself, and so much to do.

/vent
    Same as myself.

Actually did a lot of work over the last few months with two lecturers and have still managed to make a balls of it.

At this stage I am just hoping there are no major IT issues. First time sitting a CBE and heard some horror stories from March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

I have a tendency to leave things to the last minute, not great for the anxiety!

The CBE interface does seem pretty woeful. At least everyone else is using it too. Imagine how much easier standard pdf, word and excel docs would be... I can type quicker than I write, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I am also, AFM and SBR. It's a struggle.

It's hard enough to try and cover both subjects thoroughly but having to use the awful software on exam day makes things so much harder.

shano_88 wrote: »
    I am also, AFM and SBR. It's a struggle.

It's hard enough to try and cover both subjects thoroughly but having to use the awful software on exam day makes things so much harder.

Fair play on doing two papers, I wouldn’t even have attempted that. You must have had a serious workload.

Fair play on doing two papers, I wouldn’t even have attempted that. You must have had a serious workload.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it. I started well before June though with Covid, still alot to cover in the couple of weeks leading up to it.

Less than a week to go though, plan on pushing hard over the next few days. What exam are you talking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

How are they allowed to run exams with the covid rules?

How are they allowed to run exams with the covid rules?

They fall under adult education rules. We have to fill in a health declaration on arrival and wear a mask for the full duration. Computers will be spaced for social distancing.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it. I started well before June though with Covid, still alot to cover in the couple of weeks leading up to it.

Less than a week to go though, plan on pushing hard over the next few days. What exam are you talking?

I’ve really nothing to be moaning about - I’m sitting APM, not exactly earth shattering in terms of content!

Well my exam is 9am tomorrow in the Exam360 place so fingers crossed between the Covid restrictions and the CBEs there are no headaches!

Dubdub20 wrote: »
    Well my exam is 9am tomorrow in the Exam360 place so fingers crossed between the Covid restrictions and the CBEs there are no headaches!

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

How did the exam go? Was there any heart aches with new rules for covid and cbe?

Triple A so was so so.

In relation to the exam centre really positive experience. Staff were far more friendly and approachable than I have found to staff to be in Croke Park previously. They check your ID and exam docket at the door then take you phone number and give your a questionnaire to fill out that takes about 20 seconds.

Computer screens were a good size and everything worked fine. Lots of social distancing and mask wearing of course but that is standard these days.

Triple A so was so so.

In relation to the exam centre really positive experience. Staff were far more friendly and approachable than I have found to staff to be in Croke Park previously. They check your ID and exam docket at the door then take you phone number and give your a questionnaire to fill out that takes about 20 seconds

Computer screens were a good size and everything worked fine. Lots of social distancing and mask wearing of course but that is standard these days.

Best of luck with the results

Triple A so was so so.

In relation to the exam centre really positive experience. Staff were far more friendly and approachable than I have found to staff to be in Croke Park previously. They check your ID and exam docket at the door then take you phone number and give your a questionnaire to fill out that takes about 20 seconds.

Thanks for the update on Exam360, it’s really appreciated. And well done on getting AAA out of the way!

APM was a very fair paper this morning. I messed up my time management though, very annoying when the question left behind was so answerable.

CBE was great. Decent size adjustable monitor at Exam360 - makes all the difference when working with multiple documents. We were seated at 8.30am and could remove our masks while at our desk. They had a good system for getting the attention of staff (for technical problems or a bathroom break) and it ran very smoothly overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

Agree also with Exam360 centre - monitors were a good size and the centre and staff were very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I took AFM in the Dublin North centre. The staff were great and very helpful. Felt really safe.

Now hoping for a good result ( 3rd attempt :eek:)

Have people been following yesterday’s ACCA mailing error? They inadvertently sent a batch of ‘congratulations on becoming an affiliate!’ emails to some finalists who passed their September paper - even though results aren’t due until Monday! I wouldn’t like to be in their communications department right now...

Have people been following yesterday’s ACCA mailing error? They inadvertently sent a batch of ‘congratulations on becoming an affiliate!’ emails to some finalists who passed their September paper - even though results aren’t due until Monday! I wouldn’t like to be in their communications department right now...
    Glued to it.

Awaiting final exam result and I received one of those emails.

Apparently the exam results for September are being released a week later then normal. Those emails should have been released next Friday but instead were released yesterday by accident ahead of Sunday's results.

I am also hearing that ACCA were able to stop the emails before all were sent out so if your reading this and you didn't get one yesterday please don't despair.

The confusion has just made the wait far worse for me. Until I get the text stating I passed AAA I won't be celebrating.

Glued to it.

Awaiting final exam result and I received one of those emails.

Apparently the exam results for September are being released a week later then normal. Those emails should have been released next Friday but instead were released yesterday by accident ahead of Sunday's results.

I am also hearing that ACCA were able to stop the emails before all were sent out so if your reading this and you didn't get one yesterday please don't despair.

The confusion has just made the wait far worse for me. Until I get the text stating I passed AAA I won't be celebrating.
    Best of luck, it’s hard enough waiting for results without this been added to the mix

• Advertisement

Glued to it.

I’m trying not to obsess, but failing miserably. A few sources are saying the emails are correct but early, but I won’t be able to exhale until tomorrow night.

It is going to be a rough restless weekend for us all.

I have the tin of Roses bought, hopefully I can stay out of them until at least tomorrow afternoon!

ACCA posted on their Facebook page with the same response reported on PQ magazine, so I’ve decided I definitely passed. It wasn’t a paper I felt very confident about, so it will be interesting to see what my mark is. Now to get on that PER...

Wish I could do that but I just don't trust ACCA at this point and knowing my luck I could be the one exception.

Yeah. They don’t exactly fill you with confidence, do they?

Do you have the link to Acca reply regarding it? I can’t find it

Ciara26 wrote: »
    Do you have the link to Acca reply regarding it? I can’t find it

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157397565321776&id=23657126775

Good luck to anyone getting results tonight 😬

My worst mark ever (APM). I doubt it will fill any future employer with confidence.

Anyway, done! Affiliate! A tonne of PER to do now. I really need to switch jobs. How did everyone else do?

• Advertisement

I failed AFM for the 3rd time. :( So disappointing. I have never had such trouble with an exam. I am going to switch to either APM or AAA and hopefully will have more luck with that.

Jem123 wrote: »
    I failed AFM for the 3rd time. :( So disappointing. I have never had such trouble with an exam. I am going to switch to either APM or AAA and hopefully will have more luck with that.

Sorry to hear that. Were you short by much?

I did AAA and APM - neither is very difficult in terms of volume or content, but you definitely need to have your exam technique well honed. In both exams I scored at least ten marks less than I did with any other paper.

Sorry to hear that. Were you short by much?

I did AAA and APM - neither is very difficult in terms of volume or content, but you definitely need to have your exam technique well honed. In both exams I scored at least ten marks less than I did with any other paper.

I was closer the first 2 times and this sitting I got 41%. Passed SBR and ATX first go so this is really disheartening. Congratulations on your results :)

I was closer the first 2 times and this sitting I got 41%. Passed SBR and ATX first go so this is really disheartening. Congratulations on your results :)

That is frustrating. Be nice to yourself for the rest of the week, you don't need to make a decision today.

September 2020 Pass Rates
    https://www.accaglobal.com/us/en/news/2020/october/Septexams_2020.html

Perception of Paper V Pass Rates
    https://opentuition.com/topic/acca-september-2020-pass-rates/

I find it fascinating how static the pass rates for each paper are. I would love to see a curve on actual results, to see how I did relative to other candidates.

Passed AAA so thank god finally done with these exams. Now just 3 years worth of PER to do.

Don't give up Jem123 I have failed plenty of exams getting to this stage.

It is curious how ACCA's pass rates stay so "static" but at this stage I am beyond caring.

• Advertisement

Passed AFM and SBR. Was a tough slog but delighted to be finished with them.

SBL and AAA in December now all going well

That's tough. Are you self studying or doing lectures?

Passed AAA so thank god finally done with these exams. Now just 3 years worth of PER to do.

Have you the PER done and just need to record it, or are you only getting started? I’ve a tonne to do, just getting stuck into recording the essentials this week.

Just need to record it thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I got my results from the Sept sitting. I passed SBR, I thought i was going to have to repeat that one. Two questions went well and two not so well, but luckily enough I made it.

I found it really difficult to maintain momentum with this exam being pushed out to the September sitting. So dont feel bad if you didn't get your exams this time it certainly wasn't a normal exam sitting.

I have AAA next as my final exam, and to be honest I havent been focused the last few weeks thinking I may have to repeat SBR. Good to know I can just focus on my last exam AAA now.

Any tips for AAA?

• Advertisement

That's tough. Are you self studying or doing lectures?

I took lectures and revision courses the first 2 attempts. Using learnsignal and acowtancy since then.

I took lectures and revision courses the first 2 attempts. Using learnsignal and acowtancy since then.
    I did sbl and APM and failed by few percent. Gutted, I know how you feel

So disappointing :( Fair play for attempting 2 P exams at once!

I would never have the head space to attempt two exams in one sitting. Fair play for trying. Are you going to go for both again in December?

I would never have the head space to attempt two exams in one sitting. Fair play for trying. Are you going to go for both again in December?

Yeah doing both again, got 43,46 in the exams so thought why not. This time I won’t do self study, booking in for revision classes. Hopefully lectures is the diff between failing and passing for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Wow that is a lot to do especially with self study. I would not be able to manage two a time. Fair play for going for 2.

You were so close with your marks in the 40s. The lectures should be a good help, often it's things like exam technique and question selection strategy that makes the difference, experienced lectures are good for tips like that.

It takes all of my mental focus and abilities doing them one at a time. So I am extremely impressed by anyone sitting more than one. At the Professional level that is a lot of extra hours outside of work.

Did anyone get an email from Acca today? I paid for the SBL and AAA exams this morning and got an email this afternoon saying that all exams in Ireland will be remote.

Did anyone get an email from Acca today? I paid for the SBL and AAA exams this morning and got an email this afternoon saying that all exams in Ireland will be remote.

I got the email. The remote exam in July was an awful mess and would not work for me on the day so will be pushing mine out until March.

I got the email. The remote exam in July was an awful mess and would not work for me on the day so will be pushing mine out until March.

That doesn't fill me with confidence!

What went wrong? I really want to finish in December but the stress of something going wrong on the day would be awful.

Advertisement