Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

gussieg wrote: »
    Oh dear. I was down to last 2gbs of data, so I bought another 7.99 membership , all seemed good. Then today got a message from the app to say my data had run out. Now it won't even let me log in to the app. Anyone else having this issue?
    Thanks

AFAIK that membership wont kick in until your month is up, you need to buy addons
    The App is rubbish constant login failures, use a web browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Don't think the new membership will work until the current one ends so the remaining 2GB has probably run out.

Have you tried swapping minutes for data?

Use the website to log in, the app isn't very reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Just ported number over this morning and seeing I have a H+ connection at home - based on the check I did of my area I should have a 4G connection. Has anyone ran into something similar? Scratch that, got it sorted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

I've managed to swap to 3gbs , so along with add ons, that's all I have to do me til November 17th? Aaaagh! I have another Sim knocking around but can't find it now, never mind, will just have to get off the net more often . Maybe start baking and sculpting and gardening again. Write that classic. How bad. Thanks for info .

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Hi..just a few queries with this. I ordered a SIM and got it in the post. My mother is going to switch from eir. How do you go about unlocking the phone so it will be able to accept the 48 SIM card? Also my mother normally has extra credit on phone for ringing America/entering competitions, can you also top up more credit for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Cannot get an Asus Zenfone set up for data. Have checked and rechecked the APN details a million times. Pulling my hair out. Anyone have a similar issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Tork

Has anybody had problems setting up mms on their phones? (yes, I know it sounds like 2004 just called on a flip phone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cannot get an Asus Zenfone set up for data. Have checked and rechecked the APN details a million times. Pulling my hair out. Anyone have a similar issue?

Do you have another phone to try it in to make sure it's working?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Tork wrote: »
    Has anybody had problems setting up mms on their phones? (yes, I know it sounds like 2004 just called on a flip phone)

Assuming you have set it up correctly in apn settings, do you have credit to send them? They aren't included in the plan. Only sms.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Assuming you have set it up correctly in apn settings, do you have credit to send them? They aren't included in the plan. Only sms.

Hmm. Maybe that's the problem. The data is working fine on the smartphone and there is an mms apn on it too.

• Advertisement

Hmm. Maybe that's the problem. The data is working fine on the smartphone and there is an mms apn on it too.

Mms are about 30c each.

Mms are about 30c each.

It makes sense that they're not built into the €7.99 package. I don't send them that often - I just have a family member who's a bit of a phone holdout and is unlikely to ever own a smartphone.

It makes sense that they're not built into the €7.99 package. I don't send them that often - I just have a family member who's a bit of a phone holdout and is unlikely to ever own a smartphone.

Buy them one for Christmas! It'll be cheaper in the long run!!

You haven't met them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

What exactly does....

"Sorry!. This msisdn already exists"

....mean when trying to port to 48?

What exactly does....

"Sorry!. This msisdn already exists"

....mean when trying to port to 48?

It means it thinks that number you entered is already on 48.

It means it thinks that number you entered is already on 48.

It used to be but not now. Any idea how to solve it other than non-existant customer care?

It used to be but not now. Any idea how to solve it other than non-existant customer care?

Customer care can sort it out. Just ask them tomorrow morning.

How long since it was on 48? Someone else had a problem attempting to port back on the same day. That might extend to more than a day at weekends but don't know for sure.

Are you using the same email address?

• Advertisement

Are you using the same email address as you did when you were with them originally? Maybe try a different email. Failing that contact customer care.

Thanks to all for the suggestions...

Ten Pin wrote: »
    How long since it was on 48?

Since GoMo €9.99
    Are you using the same email address as you did when you were with them originally? Maybe try a different email. Failing that contact customer care.

Tried just now changing my email address but no difference.

I came here after waiting three days for a response from 48 customer care so no point contacting them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone know what to do when message fails to a 50100 text number. These are free text numbers.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone know what to do when message fails to a 50100 text number. These are free text numbers.

You can't text 50100 or 50400 on 48. I asked and they said they don't have an agreement with the providers of those numbers. Maybe if enough people complain they would get them added but probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Anyone help me with this, put in a new 48 sim into my unlocked dual sim phone, have tesco in on the other sim, full bars 4g but I am not get any network on the 48 sim at all, tried another new 48 sim card ( got 2 of them ), same thing, no network. Have changed the apn on phone but can't figure out what I am doing wrong when I am getting no network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Anyone help me with this, put in a new 48 sim into my unlocked dual sim phone, have tesco in on the other sim, full bars 4g but I am not get any network on the 48 sim at all, tried another new 48 sim card ( got 2 of them ), same thing, no network. Have changed the apn on phone but can't figure out what I am doing wrong when I am getting no network.

Bit of an obvious question but have you activated the sims on the 48 website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Quackster wrote: »
    You can't use your credit to make calls or send texts without an active membership though so that wouldn't work.

I have now, but still no network.

Edit - I do now, thanks for your help

slimboyfat wrote: »
    I have now, but still no network.

Edit - I do now, thanks for your help

Can take about 15-30 minutes for data to activate after you activate the sim it seems. A few people have had this I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

How have people been finding using these sims as the primary broadband in the house?
    Thinking of getting two sims and putting a router each end of the house, switch sims if allowances getting close to the 100gb. Had an order with Vodafone, lets just say I should have looked at turstpilot before doing that!
    I'd invest in a decent sim router be worth it in the long run if no disadvatages! Speed on 48 seems to be genearlly above 50 mb/s and up to 130 mb/s so would be faster than the 28mb/s vodafone can offer through the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

How have people been finding using these sims as the primary broadband in the house?

What type of router would you recommend.

Good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    What type of router would you recommend.

Good idea

I was looking at this, with HUKD as the code it works out at £92 so then parcel motel..seems highlighy recommended by those in the know!

https://www.box.co.uk/Archer-MR600-TP-Link-4G-AC1200-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Rou_2608754.html?wgu=13045_116019_16042576406349_4fba0397b0&wgexpiry=1612033640&utm_source=webgains_116019&utm_medium=webgains&utm_campaign=affiliate

I was thinking getting two sims one for living room area and one for office area, can see what my usage is as I've no idea! And then can switch them around if my streaming is eating up the 100GB for the one in the TV. MY wife and I both on 48 so no need to use wifi on our phones when in the house. Bit of an investment with the router but in a couple of months it'll have paid for itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Is it possible to port my number from one 48 SIM card to another 48 SIM card?

Is it possible to port my number from one 48 SIM card to another 48 SIM card?

Not directly

If you're trying to get new deal on an existing 48 SIM then you need to port out to another network and then back in to the other 48 SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

So, prior to the current 7.99EUR promotional offer, I had previously ordered a Free SIM via 48.ie website last May with a view of trying out the 1GB Free data allowance. In the end, I never got round to testing it within the trial period which I think lasted for about a week. My primary e-mail address would have been used in connection with registering for My 48 SIM although; I never ported my existing mobile number across as I am currently with Vodafone Ireland on a pre-pay basis. Before Vodafone, I had been with THREE Ireland's 3Pay until December 2019 and had no major problems with calls/texts coverage during a number of years on THREE as I live in a suburban area south of Cork City.

I am now thinking of availing of 48.ie current 7.99EUR promo before it closes to new customers. Just wondering what is the best way to set this up as it looks like I cannot gain access to 7.99 promotional plan as my existing 48 number (which I never really used) was already activated before the current 7.99EUR promotional offer was launched however; it will only lets me buy the other plan options?

It would make more sense paying Only 7.99EUR per month for 100GB Data, all Calls, all texts versus what you get with Vodafone's prepay plan options.

Question (i): Have any other 48 existing customers cancelled membership and re-joined in order to avail of this promotion??

Question (ii): What happens if someone signs up successfully on the 7.99 monthly Pay-As-U-Go membership but does not Top-Up by the following month's due date?

Question (iii): Does the account expire if not topped up the following month by the due date/time?

Question (iv): Assuming you have successfully joined 48.ie on this 7.99 promo before 10th November, say if you have not topped up the following month what is the criteria before you can no longer avail of the 7.99EUR top-up membership option - is there any "cut-off point" for late top-ups on the 7.99EUR plan in the months ahead before you lose ability to keep availing of this rate in the future?

Some existing customers have ported away and then ported back.

7.99 plan will always be available once initial membership is bought before 10th November.

SIM stays active up to 6 months without top up.

Important point is to get the SIM and buy membership before 10th November. Use a different email address to order the SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Some existing customers have ported away and then ported back.

7.99 plan will always be available once initial membership is bought before 10th November.

SIM stays active up to 6 months without top up.

Important point is to get the SIM and buy membership before 10th November. Use a different email address to order the SIM.

Just re-ordered a new SIM on 48.ie using an alternative e-mail address. The 48.ie website did not permit me to go the whole way on Chrome even after I disabled my ABP ad blocker so; I changed browser to Microsoft Edge and my order would appear to have gone through successfully now as the e-mail acknowledgement including "customer information order confirmation pdf attachment" came through from 48.ie promptly. Will keep close eye out for SIM delivery as anxious to activate and buy membership by 10th November before the promo offer period closes.

I wonder will 48.ie extend the period like rival GoMo had done with it's original €9.99 price-point for life offer as 48.ie will probably be very busy up to 10th November I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

I was looking at this, with HUKD as the code it works out at £92 so then parcel motel..seems highlighy recommended by those in the know!

https://www.box.co.uk/Archer-MR600-TP-Link-4G-AC1200-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Rou_2608754.html?wgu=13045_116019_16042576406349_4fba0397b0&wgexpiry=1612033640&utm_source=webgains_116019&utm_medium=webgains&utm_campaign=affiliate

I was thinking getting two sims one for living room area and one for office area, can see what my usage is as I've no idea! And then can switch them around if my streaming is eating up the 100GB for the one in the TV. MY wife and I both on 48 so no need to use wifi on our phones when in the house. Bit of an investment with the router but in a couple of months it'll have paid for itself!

This is an ingenious idea, thanks! Will you post on how it goes for you please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is there anyway to buy the €7.99 plan with the website down? I’ve been using the free 1GB but need to make calls now.

Is there anyway to buy the €7.99 plan with the website down? I’ve been using the free 1GB but need to make calls now.

The website is up but sometimes after activating the sim it takes a while for your account to be set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Try the 48 App Download from Apple App Store or Google Play Store

CVB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Will keep close eye out for SIM delivery as anxious to activate and buy membership by 10th November before the promo offer period closes.

I have a spare recruiter sim I can post to you if you don't want to wait for 48 to post. Let me know if you want it sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Stupidly i throw out the sim pack and just kept the sim. Is there a handy way to get the activaction code without ordering another sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Can anyone log in to the website?

seems to be down ..it is for me but i could log in around ten miuutes ago

I can't now either. It says it's temporarily unavailable.

Back up now

Is there a handy way to get the activaction code without ordering another sim?

Instead of activation code, you can enter the SIM card number prefixed by 893531 to give a 19 digit number (disregard any letters).

Once SIM is activated, the PUK will be available in my48. The PUK will allow you to reset the PIN which was also on the outer SIM card.

Or else contact 48 customer service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

New bank card came and old one expired, 48 won't take the new one for payment, keeps getting rejected, customer support just has me running round in circles trying things I had already done. Anyone any ideas or had this problem?

New bank card came and old one expired, 48 won't take the new one for payment, keeps getting rejected, customer support just has me running round in circles trying things I had already done. Anyone any ideas or had this problem?

Try gift shop
    https://48.ie/gift-shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I have a 48 SIM that I use in my Router.

I have another 48 SIM that I want to move my Gomo number to.

His do I do this?
    When I click in My 48 or Memberships U don't see an option to add a new SIM to account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement